Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March sleever with Dr. Mario Almanza?

Guest drowdie

Both codeine and Percocet are opiates. There may be cross sensitivity. In other words if you hypersensitive to codeine it's possible, to be sensitive to Percocet and vice Vera's. I smiled at Tramadol! I used it to relieve my dog's pain as he was dying. It is used in humans yet, I haven't seen it prescribed in a long time.

Vicodin would not be used because it has ibuprofen. Which we can't have.

Cipro is a fluroquinolone, which is a broad spectrum antibiotic. It's main use is for UTI's and respiratory infections. In August of 2913, the FDA strengthen its warning that fluoroquinolones, may cause sudden, serious, and potentially permanent nerve damage called peripheral neuropathy.

Guest drowdie

Jessica, you're make me feel a lot less heavy with dread when you write that you went shopping...HA HA ????. What kind of souvenir would someone buy ????

I genuinely hope I'm one of the fortunate ones who doesn't have much pain. If I'm not, I'll ask for your Tramadol. I'm not a snob but I told them that I wanted a private room. I thought it would be too weird to be passing gas and recovering with a stranger in Hotel "T". Did you room share?

How were the Clear Liquids? Were you given bottled Water, or is water safe to drink in TJ.

Vicoden has acetaminophen, not ibuprofin. Tramadol is very widely prescribed still. I hear of it often. Hubby and I have had it a few times. If I take one at a time, I'm okay for short term, but if I take two, or take it for several days, it makes me itch all over.

Cipro makes me nervous. I wonder if I can say I'm allergic to it and hope they have an alternative?

Good question about the Water. I would never drink any of the water in Mexico unless it was bottled, so I would love to hear as well. Should I bring my own, or do they have bottled water?

Edited by decemberroses

They drove us to a tourist area in a group. We walked around for about an hour. I bought a little dress for my baby and a couple shot glasses. Spent $15. Don't ever pay what they ask, they expect you to haggle with them. They will try and give you a shot of tequila at every store, don't of it. Also remember that food, alcohol, etc will be confiscated at the border. Ask the driver. Take small bills to tip. Take your own broth/bouillon. The broth they have is gross. They freeze their Jello so you may want to take that too, and your own ready made Protein Shakes. They have an endless supply of Popsicles, plenty of juice and bottled Water. They will supply all of that included in your price. The worst part of the entire process is the blue dye and the rotten grapefruit tasting stuff you have to drink on x ray day. Getting the drainage tube out sucks too. I room shared with my mother in law. You pass gas mostly on day 2 and feel so crappy you don't really care. If you have a private room you have to pay extra. You won't have a private room day of surgery, there were 3 to a room. TV is available in the room but predominately Spanish. They offer free wifi. You may want to set up a plan so you can call from Mexico before you go. I have Verizon, it was $15 for 1000 minutes (or 99 cents a minute with no plan). Texts are 5 cents to receive, 50 cents to send. Crossing the border back into the US takes forever so be prepared for a wait. If you drive, parking is $18 a day. We drove, I'm only 4 hours from San Diego.

Guest drowdie

]

Yes, I see you did say they supply bottled Water.

Rumor is that they decided to not use Camino Real hotel and went back to Hotel "T". Any thoughts?

Guest drowdie

Decemberroses, how are you doing? It's getting close now. Are you okay?

Yup, still hanging in there. Getting more excited. :-) One of my biggest fears is having to remove my own stitches! Why can't he use the kind that dissolve?! lol! I decided to do a two week liver shrinking diet of 2 or 3 Protein Shakes a day and then a lean, high Protein meat, low carb, low fat dinner. Then I'll do the lquid only diet for three days. I've lost 4.5 pounds in 6 days. Maybe I'll lose a few more before surgery and have a head start. :-) How are you doing?

Guest drowdie

To Decemberroses, I am very aware of every day of March! I have also started on high Protein liquid diet, using a variety of items I over bought out of fear. Over the last month, I have had a few dinner slips (as in eating a cheeseburger & FF like it was the last supper) but overall I've been please with my progess.

I am the Queen of the protein pantry lol! I have Chike, banana Magic, Chike, Orange Creme, Chike, chocolate Bliss, Syntrax Nectar, Fuzzy Navel, Syntrax nectar, Crystal Sky, Species Solutions Isolyze, vanilla Ice Cream, Nature's Best Isopure, Unflavored, Unjury, chicken Soup protein supplements, Unjury, Protein'd cheese Sauce. Ready also is costco size pack of Vegetable broth.

Still have not gotten the Crystal Light or Mio to add to Water.

Have all the Vitamins and supplements already here, and have received the next size down of pants from Eddie Bauer.

What can I say? When I make a decision and I'm anxious, I have to do something.

I do have a huge jar of Sun Warrior, Raw Vegan, Vanilla Protein Powder, which is so nasty...I wonder what to do with it? Can it be used as fertilizer? Plant food? HA HA HA

Keep in touch.