Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill 'er Up!

So I have made my appointment for my first fill. :clap2: Thank goodness!!! I am so hungry these days. I feel like I can eat anything (that does not mean that I do of course). Anyway so a fill on the 28th. I hate needles so I am dying to go and just get it done so I don't have to think about it. :paranoid

Hummm I wonder how many times I will have to make nice with the needle before I find my sweet spot.

Also very strange but I read a lot of posts about people who can feel their ports. I can't and I think I have brusied myself trying. I wonder if that is going to make the fill harder. Wonder if Dr. C will have to poke around like an acupuncturist. :welldoneclap: Hope not!

hmmmmmm DameJ...I don't think I've really ever heard of anyone who could NOT feel their port! Are you sure you aren't feeling it and just don't know it? They are going to have to "feel" it to find where to put the needle.

Don't let that worry you or anything....I"m sure they will be able to feel it...you probably just don't recognize the fact that you are, indeed, feeling it....(I hope!).

:phanvan

I have been hungry probably since I started the full stage of solids so I guess a week now. I was banded on the 9th of Feb and this Friday will be my 6th week. I was supposed to go for the fill on Friday but I have too many meetings that day so next wed it is. :biggrin1:

Seriously Yoda maybe it is just that I don't recognise this thing in my body but I honestly don't feel it.

HAHA I am sitting here in my office with my top up poking around my scar. Hope the boss doesn't walk in. Not a pretty picture. :biggrin1:

when I go for the fill I will have to remember where exactly they stick the needle

That's the date of my first fill as well. Like you I feel like I could eat anything but I have managed to find some willpower from somewhere and I am eating very small meals and continuing to lose.

Hope your fill goes well!

First time fills:

I was really worked up about my fill as I was banded in Mexico, Dr. Rumbaut, and would be going to a new Dr. in the states. I had read too much and was very nervous for the proceedure. Trust me, you're there for less than 1/2 hour and I left feeling I should have gotten a more agressive fill. Just wait for a couple of days, that's when you really feel the restriction. My Dr. had an ultrasound machine available in the room in case he was unable to find my port by palpation. It was like he had a map and knew exactally where it was. I thought I knew, but I was actually feeling my band and tubing. I was banded 10-02-06 and got my first fill 02-22-07. I waited a long time to get it. Eat light the night before and make sure your top pouch is empty before the fill. It's now 3 weeks post fill and I still have a hard time with solid foods, but it's getting better every day. Prior to the fill my weight loss had slowed to nothing, and the fill forced me to start over again from scratch and really kicked off my weight loss again. I wish you all good luck with the fills.

DameJ: don't forget though that your port won't necessarly be right under your scar; nor will it be at the same place all the time. It "moves" depending on your position....it can "be" well below your scar, at your scar or above your scar depending on if you are standing, sitting, hunched, lying down etc.....

Louise I hope your fill goes well too.

Yoda I think I got it but then again I could be wrong and it could be something else. Hard to tell and it hurts to keep poking around. :welldoneclap: And before you say it, yes I am aware of how stupid I sound. :heh:

It is a little weird, but we all do it. I even offer feeling it to other people, I think it is fascinating! It's like my little port baby or something!

I was supposed to get a fill on that day as well, but the clinic kinda dropped the ball (they fixed it since), so I will be having a fill on Friday March 23.

I am looking forward to it because I have been feeling pretty hungry lately.

Good luck.

Andrew

Humm I wonder if I will still be allowed to get my fill. I had a REALLY BAD experience last night. Totally freaked me out and unfortunatly also freaked out my mom. Anyway had dinner but after felt stuck, really stuck. I walked around a bit and just tried to burp but nothing. Then had this crazy pain like someone was holding my stoma in thier first and stabbing me. Not cool. I was writhing in pain on the floor for an hour before it came up. Gross foamy and slimmy. :)

anyway in that time my mom called the Dr's office cause she has never seen me in pain before. The nurses weren't there but they are supposed to call me today to see if things are fine. I just worry that now they will hesitate to give me a fill. I am not tight at all cause obviously I have never had a fill I think it was the food... dry turkey and raw carrots. Not a good choice harder to make sure they are chewed up well. Thought I did a good job at the time... found out not a good enough job. :)

Oh Dame, That sounds like an awful experience. From reading the threads it seems like everyone has to go through these moments to find out what works for them and what doesn't. Good luck.

Susan

Welcome to the PBs as I have been told. I have had two episodes of what you described and I hope I never experience it again. I have been chew, chew and chewing everything to smitherines. I haven't had a fill yet and am looking forward to it but in the meantime, I tell myself I am practising changing my eating habits for the big moment. Never want to feel that PB again. Doddie