Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please, I need help with pre op diet

I am on day 3 of my 2 week pre op diet. I need help figuring out how I can combine items on my "able to eat list". So here it is.

4 protien shakes- 2 milk, 2 Water

V8

Applesauce

Yogurt

pudding

oatmeal

All the non-starchy raw or steamed veggies I want.

Then all clear, sugar and caffine free liquids.

Any kitchen magicians out there that can suggest different combinations or cooking methods that could get me through to my surgury date?

Any help would be appreciated, I am close to a breaking point.

Get some sugar-free syrups like Torani or Davinci. They can be a life saver. I added them to Protein drinks, plain greek yogurt and vanilla yogurt. It helped give me variety. I added caramel and PB2 to chocolate shakes. Think snickers bar with Peanut Butter. I added sugar free pumpkin, raspberry to vanilla shakes. Made a great pumpkin pie flavor for me around Thanksgiving time.

Add applesauce to your oatmeal along with a sprinkle of cinnamon. If you like chocolate milk add chocolate Syrup to your milk or heat up the milk for hot cocoa. You might also get some no sugar added or sugar free hot cocoa.

I hope these suggestions help. Good luck to you on your pre-op and upcoming surgery. You can do it. Think of the long-term benefits. This will be one of your first challenges in your journey of making healthy food choices.

I got some of my Torani at the grocery store in the aisle where they have coffee. For some of the other flavors I got them on Amazon or from the manufacturer. You can also search the internet for discount coupon codes.

Edited by ribearty

You can do it. It is definitely not going to be easy but if I did it, ANYBODY can!!! One day at a time.

Hi,

You can blend spinach with your Protein Drinks or juice carrots,blend apples,make it fun by inviting the family to participate,buy some chicken broth and boil some veggies and put them in there,it's really good,I went through it once and getting ready to go through it again,I can't wait ,that was my high,being able to figure out ways to loose weight,plus you can use crystal lite drinks.text me and I'll be here to help.

Hi,

I remember my per-op diet(new way to eat) right before surgery I had to do 3 days of liquid to shrink my liver,so I used Protein drinks, chicken broth, jell (sugar free ) of course,crystal lite,water,water and more water.and you have to get your spouse involved

Hello I will be starting my pre-op diet on saturday and my diet is Protein drinks, clear fruit juices, beef or chicken broth and Water. My doctors diet has no mention of oatmeal and yogurt or pudding that comes later after surgery however no oatmeal only cream of wheat.

Hello I will be starting my pre-op diet on saturday and my diet is Protein drinks, clear fruit juices, beef or chicken broth and Water. My doctors diet has no mention of oatmeal and yogurt or pudding that comes later after surgery however no oatmeal only cream of wheat.

Ask your NUT. The form is a template and sometimes they may let you deviate but follow their instructions.

Ask your NUT. The form is a template and sometimes they may let you deviate but follow their instructions.

Your nutritionist will be the best one to talk to because she has the pre-op diet on paper , but you can do Jello of any kind sugar free of course, crystal lite, Protein any flavor,pop sickles any flavored,you can eat won-ton Soup or chicken broth or beef broth, ,,I quote from the last writer,please follow the instruction of the doctors please,because the way there telling you now is what you have to learn to do for the rest of your life,

Just remember this is a life change,not a temporary change of life,you will have to do this for the rest of your life...good luck with everything.