Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op 5 days and just right

Merry Christmas!!

I am 5 days post-op and have 4mls in my 10ml band. My surgeon actually had 6mls in there but i was unable to swallow Water without pain so he removed 2mls. I am fine, i drink my Water all day and am still on liquids and about to go on soft solids in 2 days.

I dont feel hungry but i do notice i can feel my bands rescriction in the morning. So have just been having water and then having my Protein drink made into a fruit smoothie with fruit and yogurt for lunch and then Soup or runny oatmeal for dinner if i even have dinner.< /p>

When i am tight i can feel it even before anything goes into my mouth, it is truly just a "tight" feeling in my stomach. Its great at letting me know when it is ok to eat. I still think about food all the time but that is a life time of thinking that i am working with a psychologist to over come.

I am so excited to see the changes that 2014 will be bringing to my life, SO EXCITED!!!

Good job just keep doing exactly what the book tells you to do I use to call the book my 2nd Bible I only ate what they told me to did not eat anything I was not suppose to. It was tough real tough but when you see the results you will say wow. When I first had it done I said many times I had to be out of my mind what have I done but as time went by it got easier and I have been very happy with the results and I am glad now I did it and you can do this too. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Ok, but remember you still have a lot of swelling of the stomach and for now that is providing some of your restriction. I'm telling you this so you won't be surprised if some if the restriction goes away as the swelling does.

Edited by SandyM

Ok, but remember you still have a lot of swelling of the stomach and for now that is providing some of your restriction. I'm telling you this so you won't be surprised if some if the restriction goes away as the swelling does.

I have not had my first fill, it was filled while i was having surgery. He chose to do it this way because i live in a rural town and it would cost me a lot of money to come to the big city every month or two to get fills. so i will only be seeing him 2 times a year.

Good job just keep doing exactly what the book tells you to do I use to call the book my 2nd Bible I only ate what they told me to did not eat anything I was not suppose to. It was tough real tough but when you see the results you will say wow. When I first had it done I said many times I had to be out of my mind what have I done but as time went by it got easier and I have been very happy with the results and I am glad now I did it and you can do this too. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Thanks for cheering me on! Its is a true blessing to have the band.