Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 5 and sharp pain!

Why do I have this sharp pain on my left side of stomach??? All day long! Help!!

If it's just to the left (maybe a few inches) from the belly bottom that's where my port is located. If I move wrong, get up off the floor wrong it'll scream at me and last for a long time. I think it's because it's stitched to your muscles or something like that so as you move around it moves too and upsets your muscles. At least that's my theory. When I go walking, I tend to try to keep my stomach somewhat tight but not too tight or I physically hold it somehow to keep it from jiggling and hurting. Does that make sense?

It's the gas they pump into your abdomen during surgery. It can be very painful. Take GasEx strips or chewables and maybe try lying or sitting in a different position. A lot of people say walking helps.

Leepers- even down at the stomach? I know my left shoulder hurt really bad but the stomach didn't seem like gas. :/

If it's just to the left (maybe a few inches) from the belly bottom that's where my port is located. If I move wrong, get up off the floor wrong it'll scream at me and last for a long time. I think it's because it's stitched to your muscles or something like that so as you move around it moves too and upsets your muscles. At least that's my theory. When I go walking, I tend to try to keep my stomach somewhat tight but not too tight or I physically hold it somehow to keep it from jiggling and hurting. Does that make sense?

Yes it does make sense! Mm thanks

It's the gas they pump into your abdomen during surgery. It can be very painful. Take GasEx strips or chewables and maybe try lying or sitting in a different position. A lot of people say walking helps.

Ok thanks ugggg so painful

It is where they stiched your band to your muscle also they do pump us full of air at time of surgery , it will take time to heal and you are still recovering so I would not try to bend I had to sleep with a bunch of pillows and take one by one off till I could get up at all and I would take it real easy, you can walk a bit but don't over excert yourself , have some one help you if you can until you feel better and don't lift any thing , also I could only sleep on my back for the first couple of weeks and some people slept in their recliners I slept almost sitting up with all those pillows but eventually I could sleep on my side and eve on my stomache after bout a month , hope you feel better , good luck on your journey,

<p>It is where they stiched your band to your muscle also they do pump us full of air at time of surgery , it will take time to heal and you are still recovering so I would not try to bend I had to sleep with a bunch of pillows and take one by one off till I could get up at all and I would take it real easy, you can walk a bit but don't over excert yourself , have some one help you if you can until you feel better and don't lift any thing , also I could only sleep on my back for the first couple of weeks and some people slept in their recliners I slept almost sitting up with all those pillows but eventually I could sleep on my side and eve on my stomache after bout a month , hope you feel better , good luck on your journey,</p>

Thank you!

Put your heating pad directly over the pain for 15-20 minutes, 2-3 times a day. Walk & sip your Water. Movement truly disapates the gas out of your system.

<p>Put your heating pad directly over the pain for 15-20 minutes, 2-3 times a day. Walk & sip your Water. Movement truly disapates the gas out of your system.</p>

I will try that thank you!!

Not to discourage you but I had pretty intense pain up until week five......when it finally started to let up. Week six it disappeared. I don't tell you this to scare you but I myself was worried about what it could be. I called my surgeons office three times about the issue and the encouraged me it could take the full six weeks to heal in that area since the port is stitched into the muscle. I felt it helpful to wear my binder when I was home or underneath a large sweatshirt if I needed when I went out. You could also use some bike type shorts under your clothing to give some restriction until full healing occurs.

I was banded Nov 4th and now I am on to full activities and feel great. Take your time to heal and give your body some time. It will all be gone soon and you will feel amazing!!!

Did you have someone do the hard rapid tapping on the area where the gas is? It truly worked for me. Got the gas out immediately.

<p>Not to discourage you but I had pretty intense pain up until week five......when it finally started to let up. Week six it disappeared. I don't tell you this to scare you but I myself was worried about what it could be. I called my surgeons office three times about the issue and the encouraged me it could take the full six weeks to heal in that area since the port is stitched into the muscle. I felt it helpful to wear my binder when I was home or underneath a large sweatshirt if I needed when I went out. You could also use some bike type shorts under your clothing to give some restriction until full healing occurs.</p> <p>I was banded Nov 4th and now I am on to full activities and feel great. Take your time to heal and give your body some time. It will all be gone soon and you will feel amazing!!!</p>

Oh Thank you! MAkes me feel relieved that its not something that is going wrong!!! Seems to be a normal pain where the port is.I have a Dr.s appt. Friday Ill bring up lets see what he has to say!! Thank you again!!!!❤️