Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMoothie/protein drink recipes

Hey everyone, those of you who have great smoothie/protein drink recipes would you please post them here. I'm heading for my banding the first week of April and don't really care for most Protein drinks. I figure I'm not the only one that can use help in this area. :)

OkTwigs

Most Protein drinks are horrible but not all. Really, the best thing to do is to find what you do tolerate. Something like Body Fortress, Matrix, those drinks in a tube. smoothies are loaded with calories and that is the very thing you are trying to avoid. Too many smoothies and you'll be working around your band.

The better you make your smoothies taste the more calories they will have. But I do have one that I used to make. Keep in mind, if you are on Clear liquids after surgery a smoothie is not workable.

5 large frozen strawberries

1 large handful of mix frozen berries (blue, red, and blackberries)

1 container Dannon Lite Yogurt (strawberry or plain)

1-2 oz Water

Make sure the fruit is frozen, put all in a blender and this tastes like Jamba Juice' berry Fulfilling.

Here's my recipe for my Breakfast substitute or if I'm super hungry mid afternoon.

1 cup non fat plain yogurt

1/4 cup non fat lactose free milk

2 scoops Ovaltine cocoa

1 tablespoon Splenda

1/3 cup frozen Cherries

1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter and if I feel adventureous I add one banana. Yum!

Now that sounds delicious and if you added a scoop of whey Protein, you'd really make it a band friendly meal. I know many people have said they are "tight" in the mornings and can't really eat solid foods so this would be great for that too.

My intention in asking for these recipes is to make my time at the liquid stage as pleasant and healthy as possible so I'm not tempted to cheat. I understand my dr. has people stay on Clear Liquids for one week, then to a liquid diet for another week, with the third week being mushies.

Thanks!

OkTwigs

Hey this is my first post and was wondering if anybody has put powdered egg yokes for Protein on a smoothie. I bought this when I was on the Michael Thurman 6 week make over and that was how I got all the Protein I needed.

Egg yolks?? Are you sure? The yolks are virtually all fat. The protein is in the white part of the egg.

I was excited to see that someone is now making apple juice 'lighter' by adding Splenda instead of sugar. So now this is how I make my smoothies:

A handful of blueberries or 5-6 strawberries (whatever is on hand)

1/2 banana

6 TBSP plain yogurt

1/4 c "light" apple juice

1 scoop vanilla whey protein

Splenda to taste

ice cubes

(all measurements are approximate -- I eyeball it) I figger that's less than 200 calories and has about 18g of protein. Not bad at all! A great breakfast or mid-afternoon pick-me up!

I have two different ones that I have every day!

chocolate Protein shake

3 T of chocolate Protein powder

6-8 large ice cubes (from ice tray)

1/4 c Calorie Countdown Fat Free Calorie Beverage (skim milk will work)

Sweet-n-Low to taste

2 T sugar free Chocolate flavored Syrup

* you may need to add a little Water or more milk

This version is about 150 - 175 calories.

You can add about half of a banana, but it will have more calories.

strawberry Smoothie

6-8 large ice cubes

1/2 cup Dannon Light N Fit fat free strawberry yogurt

1/4 c Almond Breeze fat free vanilla flavored unsweetened dairy beverage

5-6 frozen whole strawberries

sweet-n-low to taste

* you may need to add more mil or Water

This version is about 100 calories!

I am going to try something new today. Basically the same thing with vanilla yogurt and about a cup of diet orange drink. I am going for the dreamsicle flavor! You can turn any smoothie into a Protein drink/smoothie by adding some chocolate, strawberry or vanilla Protein Powder. I think they are wonderful!

this is my first post i am having surgery on may 14th, :clap2: i have tried several Protein shakes and have a couple of receipes that they gave us in our pre-op teaching class. i haven't tried any smoothies but have tried several Protein Shakes the best i have found is on bariatriceating.com you can order samples and try them before you buy big containers. MY Favorite IS Protein DELIGHT strawberry white choc. here is a receipe that i have that sound really good i have several more and if any one is interested contact me.....

PROTEINA COLADA

1 SCOOP OF VANILLA PROTEIN powder OF CHOICE

8 0Z OF SKIM OR 1% OR CAN USE SOY MILK

2 DROPS OF IMITATION pineapple EXTRACT

2 DROPS OF IMITATION COCONUT EXTRACT

combine all ingredients and mix in blender with 1 cup of ice

Sounds good!!!!!!:)

Just a quick note to let everyone know that Crystal Light has come out with an apple flavor drink that taste just like apple juice without the calories and sugar! The Orange flavor Taste just like California style sunny delight.... I live on these now!

Egg yolks?? Are you sure? The yolks are virtually all fat. The Protein is in the white part of the egg.

I was excited to see that someone is now making apple juice 'lighter' by adding Splenda instead of sugar. So now this is how I make my smoothies:

A handful of blueberries or 5-6 strawberries (whatever is on hand)

1/2 banana

6 TBSP plain yogurt

1/4 c "light" apple juice

1 scoop vanilla whey Protein

Splenda to taste

ice cubes

(all measurements are approximate -- I eyeball it) I figger that's less than 200 calories and has about 18g of protein. Not bad at all! A great breakfast or mid-afternoon pick-me up!

Today I made a shake with 8oz of muscle milk vanilla creme rtd(16g Protein 150 cal) 1 scoop vanilla whey protein mix(24g protein 120 cal) a shot of sugar free davinci caramel Syrup, umm about 4 oz of cold Decaf coffee(left from breakfast) ice cubes.blended all of this to make a large latte type drink which lasted me all afternoon lol.So almost have my protein quota met in 1 shake.I am sure this is gonna be great on a hot day.