Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you feel a month out?

In a few more weeks my sister is coming to stay with me. She may want to live with me. She will also have her daughter with her who is around my daughters age (3 &4 years old). I was wondering how I might feel almost a month out? having her here might be stressful for me but I can also see how it can be helpful too. If she thinks I'm not feeling well she will help me out with my daughter and household chores. However I have chosen not to tell anyone about this surgery. My surgery is tomorrow.

One month out - I'm here right now, just over 4 weeks post-op.

I am functioning OK, but I still get tired very easily. There are 5 people that know I had surgery (mom, dad, hubby, son and best friend). You wouldn't know by looking at me that I have had surgery. I haven't had to tell anyone I've had surgery and no one has asked. I've had a couple of close calls with things hitting my belly on my incisions.

There would be an issue with picking up the children - you can't do that. I'm not sure what my lifting restriction is right now, but it can't be a small child. Having help around the house would be nice if she's willing to do that.

The biggest thing will be she is going to notice your eating/drinking habits. You basically are eating or drinking something all day long. If you're not drinking a shake, you're drinking Water, then you're eating - she will notice a difference in your eating. I assume she thinks you eat more than one scrambled egg - that's all I can eat at this stage.

I am nearly a month out. I feel pretty good. I would say I am about 90% back to normal. I am still really tired sometimes and have to sleep more than normal. I am still a little more tender in the middle than normal. My worst issue is nausea, and of course you will not be able to hide your small portions and pureed or soft foods at 1 month.

I'm exactly 4 weeks post-op today, and overall I feel very good. I do agree with McButterpants - I get tired more easily than before and I have a lifting restriction. I'm doing well with eating (just in very small quantities) and getting my liquids and Protein in. I know that others definitely notice my eating habits and comment on how little I eat. I haven't had any issues with nausea, but once in a while I still have problems with stomach cramping. Good luck tomorrow!

I'm about 6 weeks out from my surgery right now. I am still very tired and having a hard time getting foods in. I can only eat maybe two-three tablespoons of soft food per day. I didn't have a problem with picking up kids. After two weeks they removed my weight restrictions. I personally don't know that I would want someone staying with me that didn't know. Is she someone you would trust to keep the secret? If it's a viable option I would tell her, when she comes.

at one month post op i felt pretty much normal.

I'm about 6 weeks out from my surgery right now. I am still very tired and having a hard time getting foods in. I can only eat maybe two-three tablespoons of soft food per day. I didn't have a problem with picking up kids. After two weeks they removed my weight restrictions. I personally don't know that I would want someone staying with me that didn't know. Is she someone you would trust to keep the secret? If it's a viable option I would tell her, when she comes.

I love my sister to pieces but she has got a big mouth so I don't feel telling her would be good. She would be seriously itching to tell someone. I'm trying to think of something I can possibly tell her if she starts asking questions about my eating habits. Maybe I'll tell her it's a new diet fad I found online or something. The diet being 'the newborn stage' diet. Where you start from the beginning and work your way up. ;)

I love my sister to pieces but she has got a big mouth so I don't feel telling her would be good. She would be seriously itching to tell someone. I'm trying to think of something I can possibly tell her if she starts asking questions about my eating habits. Maybe I'll tell her it's a new diet fad I found online or something. The diet being 'the newborn stage' diet. Where you start from the beginning and work your way up. ;)

LOVE the newborn diet fad! Lol! You can tell her you've already done the whole pure liquids part. What a kick! Hopefully you'll be feeling pretty darn good at a month out, it seems like quite a few people have no issue! Good luck!

One month out and I feel 90% back to my old self, except for getting hungry so much more often! Every two hours or so, I have to eat something. I also don't know about your postop diet from your surgeon but I have very few limits at this point. Still eating mostly meatballs but have tried other things with lots of success, does seen like much bothers my sleeve (except for too much of something lol).

Good luck on your surgery! Keep us posted.

---

I told my brother that I am feeling sick/stomach ache and that I am on a juicing diet. I told him it is really working I am not going to break my diet when I see him. I started my cover story before I saw him.

Also you can say your doctor put you on a strict diet to see if you have gluten allergies or something.

I told my coworkers a tale that is 90% true. Told them I had surgery to remove a portion of my stomach. I didn't say it was for weight loss, I said it was because I had benign polyps forming that were creating scar tissue on one side of my stomach so they removed it. Hence the liquids to mushy to soft to solid food transition. It also explains way I'm eating such small portions. They didn't doubt it for a second because its only a little bit lie and mostly truth. Makes talking about it really easy lol