Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I seem to be stalled.. But Im happy .. just wanna get back on track..

The title says it all.. I have been stalled for over a month. almost 6 weeks to be exact. But I am happy, I have did so well so far... and I dont wanna end the Journey, before it really begins. Holidays are just not kind, so much good food, and parties, and not keeping count of calories. Also, I need to get to the gym, I told myself, when I got below 300, I would start going.

Why am I not going? Its close to the house, My kids are in school for 4 hours in the morning daily, I have the time. But no motivation. I went thru my closest, got all the 5x tops and size 32w jeans out of there. Huge contractor bag full sitting on the floor of my room. ( I did keep 1 shirt and 1 pair of pants to remember). Still nothing.

I went to Macys and got a 2 pairs of size 24 jeans. and 2-3x tops. I actually bought clothes at a real store. Not on line. I had all my old clothes, I could not wear that I can actually wear now. I just kept them in my closet, wishing one day I would be able to wear, Now I can.

I keep telling myself, Lets wait until the new year, and start fresh. But I fear I will fail this too.

I went and had another fill on Dec 4, He only put in 1/2 cc. But I dont feel any difference in my eating. Not feeling full really.

Anyways I am done venting. I know what I need to do, Just have to follow my own advice.. :rolleyes:

Start over and get my Ass back in gear...

-Debbi

We are like Band Twins! I had my surgery one week after you and our starting weights are so close. Before I checked in to the forum just now, I was looking at the class schedule for the gym I joined near my house. I keep saying "I'm going." and then I don't. I find excuses. We can get to the gym. We can do anything we set our minds to. We just need to set our minds...I'll nudge you if you'll nudge me :)

OH...and I've taken over three bags of clothes to Good Will so far. I've got another bag almost full. And shopping in "real" stores is the most awesome feeling in the world, isn't it?

We are like Band Twins! I had my surgery one week after you and our starting weights are so close. Before I checked in to the forum just now, I was looking at the class schedule for the gym I joined near my house. I keep saying "I'm going." and then I don't. I find excuses. We can get to the gym. We can do anything we set our minds to. We just need to set our minds...I'll nudge you if you'll nudge me :)

OH...and I've taken over three bags of clothes to Good Will so far. I've got another bag almost full. And shopping in "real" stores is the most awesome feeling in the world, isn't it?

Sounds like we are twins.. I will nudge you.. Im good at motivating other people...

-Debbi

start NOW.....dont wait....

eat, move and most important, BELIEVE in yourself..

remember where you started.....(i was size 5x skirts) and 30 pants

if that doesnt motivate someone (me) i do not know what will.

just do it......you have to help yourself..

am proud of you...

Hi Debbi, you are doing beautifully -- that's an amazing loss and what fun to be able to shop in real stores, etc. And getting rid of all those old clothes that you will never need again. Yippee! Holiday time can be stressful and you may just be pausing to catch your breath. Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for all you've done so far. And then pick yourself up and get to that gym. I really do think exercise is the magic ingredient. I am still working on wanting to do it but I do it nonetheless and then am so happy that I did do it -- even if my whole day goes haywire if I've gotten my exercise in I feel like a success. Call the gym and see if they are running and Christmas or New Year's membership specials. And get over there for the grand tour, etc. You might really have fun, meet some cool people or get the time to yourself that every busy mother needs.

How is your doctor on fills? If you were there December 2nd how long do you have to wait for the next appointment?

Best wishes to you!

How is your doctor on fills? If you were there December 2nd how long do you have to wait for the next appointment?

Best wishes to you!

If i weight myself on saturday, and havent lost anything by the following Saturday, i can make an appointment, for the next week. roughly 2 weeks, 2.5 more less

The motivation is there...it's the get up and go that's missing. I know I have that issue sometimes as well. What are you doing after you drop the kiddies off to school?

Don't go home, drive directly to the gym. Park the car. Get out of the car and walk to the front door.

If you can't go in today...do it again tomorrow and the next day until you get through the door and onto a machine or just walk around the building a couple of times. Either way you will have made a start and once you start it gets a little easier every day.

I too have been stalled...I was banded 2011 and have had 13 fills, I stopped getting them 2012 but just having a hard time to lose my goal weight, so have started juicing...so far I have lost ten pounds in 3 mos and DR is pleased that all my numbers have come down, but with the holidays I am eating wrong again...so I will be juicing again after C'mas.

Don't go home, drive directly to the gym. Park the car. Get out of the car and walk to the front door.

...do it again tomorrow and the next day until you get through the door and onto a machine or just walk around the building a couple of times. Either way you will have made a start and once you start it gets a little easier every day.

This is the key....just make it a part of your routine. Start today....tomorrow never comes. If you start today...think where you can be by New Years. YOU can do it! Best wishes! :)