Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 4 and I woke up feeling down!!! I feel so lightheaded this morning and I don't know why!! Yesterday I was able to drink more than any other day and I felt good!!! Anyone else had this feeling let me know what u did

Try not to let this get you down, it is just a normal reaction from your healing body. You've gone through a major surgery, and it takes time to heal and adjust. Get sufficient rest, keep sipping, sipping, sipping, and as the days pass you will feel like yourself again. Some days can be better than others, and that is totally normal. Hang in there!

Today is day five for me. I've had dizziness throughout the week, but felt extra dehydrated yesterday. I pushed my fluids and have only a little light headedness today. So push your fluids!!! I'm feeling more and more like myself, but the weirdest thing is my brain! It's so weird to not take big bites or big gulps or eat whatever I want. The pain is much better, and I'm planning to start purée stage today or tomorrow. I'm working on getting my energy up and starting my supplements. I've gotta get into a routine for work starting dec 23rd. Hang in there...work on fluids and broth first, then once you get fluids in, you can do other foods.

Ashly yes i am suppose to be in puréed can you give me any ideas! I am not even drinking nearly as much as I'm suppose to! I feel better now I think it was also stressed my fiancé stressed me last night a bit!! But please send me some purée food ideas I was suppose to be eating three meals a day but I haven't eaten since I came home from the hospital and had cream of wheat

Ashly yes i am suppose to be in puréed can you give me any ideas! I am not even drinking nearly as much as I'm suppose to! I feel better now I think it was also stressed my fiancé stressed me last night a bit!! But please send me some purée food ideas I was suppose to be eating three meals a day but I haven't eaten since I came home from the hospital and had cream of wheat

Plan your fluids first so you don't get dehydrated. At least 48 ounces of Water daily. You won't be able to have but a spoonful or two of puréed food, but think things like applesauce, puréed Soups (tomato, split pea, chicken noodle), pretty much anything you can put in a blender will work. You can do fruit smoothies with Greek yogurt. Be creative. I've heard a lot of people recommend low fat refried Beans. Good luck!

were you given a menu and food ideas from your NUT?

I wasn't really able to eat much of anything, or even want to, until about 5 weeks. Everything made me pretty nauseaus. There's an egg custard recipe I've been making (found on bariatriceating.com) and it is really good and soft and stays down. I made 2 batches a week for a few weeks because scrambled eggs, Greek yogurt and cottage cheese just didn't set well with me. I also was able to eat apple oatmeal. My guide says not to add fruit to my diet until after 6 weeks so I'd be careful if you choose to do it.

Day 4 and I woke up feeling down!!! I feel so lightheaded this morning and I don't know why!! Yesterday I was able to drink more than any other day and I felt good!!! Anyone else had this feeling let me know what u did

First Congratulations on your Surgery! Yes I did too have a few days like that one. But it gets better! You are doing Awesome, so don't let it get you down. Like it has been said. The body is healing. But push fluids, if it continues call your physician and Nut! Hope you feel better.

Edited by Ballermom

Today is day five for me. I've had dizziness throughout the week, but felt extra dehydrated yesterday. I pushed my fluids and have only a little light headedness today. So push your fluids!!! I'm feeling more and more like myself, but the weirdest thing is my brain! It's so weird to not take big bites or big gulps or eat whatever I want. The pain is much better, and I'm planning to start purée stage today or tomorrow. I'm working on getting my energy up and starting my supplements. I've gotta get into a routine for work starting dec 23rd. Hang in there...work on fluids and broth first, then once you get fluids in, you can do other foods.

Congrats on your Surgery!