Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2014 Surgeries?

My date is the 22nd !!!!!!!! Started liquid diet today super nervous but excited

Yay! That's coming up faster than you know it! You got this! Happy for ya!

Day 10 of preop RNY Surgery on the 14th cant wait.

It's just around the corner! You can do it! Excited for you!

So happy for u!!! Welcome to the losers bench! I can't wait to get there myself!!!

I must applaud you for your enthusiasm and support here! I am going to try my best to stick to the boards, so when your time comes round that I can cheer you on like you've been doing for all of us!

I may not respond or comment on everyone's posts here, as some get missed as it's hard to navigate by phone at times. But I try to read them, sometimes I'm feeling like bad and it's all I can do to just read and find comfort in everyone encouraging and lifting each other up thru the good, bad and ugly times.

Just wanted you and everyone to know I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart! Thank you all for being sparkly, sunshine faces! It makes the journey even better! :-D

So I've texted my fingers to cramping, lol! You all are so awesome!

I'm 3 days out, already in soft foods per guidelines here in Sweden. And do far have eaten cottage cheese, cream cheese on hard bread, a meatball and mashed potatoes. All went down fine, and chewing till it's liquid, kinda gross ate a while. I want scrambled eggs which is on my ok list but I'ma little leary as many have trouble with them. In waiting fir after 2 weeks, I can't imagine vomiting this early out. Getting in 1.5 liters of h20 is my focus. I can eat about an ounce or less of food then I'm hiccurping, hiccup/burp. Still gassy and try to walk around but in truly exhausted with most activity. Still self injecting a nightly heparin shot, they are stinging less now. I have no appetite and would rather not eat, but I have head hunger and cravings. Good I have no appetite to even want to follow thru on them.

Keep aiming for your goals! Until next time ;-)

I must confess, I cheated in my diet yesterday. No matter what I ate I could not get my blood sugar up. So I had a couple prices of pizza. I felt bad afterwards but today is a new day.

I just wanted to let y'all know I started a Post-Op January 2014 Loser's Club forum on the post-op side. Read it now for ideas about post-op or questions and join us after your surgery!

Tick tock . . 8:30 a.m. this Thursday my surgery begins. . .

Yesterday I went off my two week pre-op Protein Shake diet and 'binged'. I have to laugh at what is now a binge for me. I have already changed quite a lot about my eating. I've lost 100 pounds over the past ten years or so (up and down, up and down, always staying down a bit more than last time but at this rate I'll be 80 before I get to goal so I am having the surgery . . ). I eat a very careful diet.

Yesterday I ate a lot of food -- a lot for me. Nothing compared to my old standards when I weighed 330 pounds and thought nothing of eating most of a pizza or a whole jumbo San Francisco Mission burrito with the works (those puppies must have 3,000 calories!).

I ate some gluten free tortillas with some cooked, mashed and spiced pinto Beans, some healthy vegie salsa and a few slices of avocado -- all in all, a healthy meal. Post-surgery, months down the line when I can eat real food in small amounts, one of my healthy gluten-free taco-y things (not sure what to call what I made . . it wasn't a burrito, but was it a taco?) would make a perfectly reasonable meal.

I am not afraid of the surgery or of the challenges in the early recovery stage as my new stomach heals and the hiatal hernia repair hears (I guess that will add to my hurt!). I am afraid I will eat too much down the road when my new stomach is too small to handle it. I think I ate a lot -- a lot for me now a days -- because I know I won't be able to do it again. Today I am being unkind to myself, berating myself as if I had lost all control and gone crazy with food. I didn't, not really. I think I actually ate a normal amount of healthy food and it felt like a lot of food because I have been eating nothing but Protein Shakes and four ounces of Protein and a cup of greens for months.

I am not going to be going back for another surgery after losing then gaining back. I am glad folks that need to redo WLS are able to but I am 60 -- too old to let myselt get morbidly obese again once I lose the rest of my weight.

I guess I am anxious. Tick tock.

Congratulations to everyone who has had surgery so far in january. May the force with with you all in your recovery. And may you all reach your weight loss goals as soon as your bodies allow.

It's forever.

And I think there is a part of me that doesn't quite believe the surgery will help me lose.

Tizzie, I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying about "what if it doesn't work to help me lose what I want?. My surgery is Wednesday so guess we'll find out! Have a great day, Thursday!

My surgery is Wednesday 1/15/14! I'm excited and nervous and scared!!!! I am having an open RNY and have been on my pre op diet since last week, Sunday I start my liquid diet. So far on the pre op diet I have lost 11 pounds. I am so ready to lose so much more. I am taking my tablet to the hospital with me so I will be on this app since they have free wi-fi! I am determined to get up and move and walk as much as I can while I am in the hospital, of course they make you anyway. I am going to try to be proactive and walk more than they tell me to though. Apparently, I will be in the hospital a minimum of 4 nights since I am having the open surgery instead of laproscopic surgery. I had a lap bad in 2006 and it had to be removed in an emergency surgery 4 days later because they perforated my stomach when it was placed, so they had to remove it and repair my stomach. So I went through all of that for nothing! Nothing meaning I didn't get to use the lap band as it was intended! So now here I am almost 8 years later, having the RNY! I had the lap band because I didn't want to get my insides rerouted! My sister had the sleeve in 11/2012 and has lost 110 pounds and I have the same surgeon. I am ready to be on the losers bench as everyone says!

We are the same day, Vicki - it's hard to believe that 3 days from now our lives will be totally different. Like you, I want to get up and get moving as much as I can. I have told everyone I will be back to work on Feb 3rd. Some people have told me I'm not going to be ready. But I really have to, due to issues at work. My doctor is very supportive of my goal, as long as I'm physically cleared. So that's what matters most to me. Good luck!

Started liquids today. All I can say is that I am hungry! I want to put food in my mouth and chew! So I get a Meal Replacement for Breakfast lunch and dinner; and 2 Protein Snacks like crystal light with Protein Powder in it. I am ready for something that isn't sweet. I want something salty! I have been drinking the crystal light all day, I made 2 quarts and in between cups of that I am drinking 16 oz bottles of Water. Been to the bathroom many times! I am going to call my doctor office tomorrow and see if I can have broth with Protein because I'm already bored and just got started!!! Wednesday is coming up fast, so excited and scared at the same time! Now I am about to have my banana shake! Bottoms up!

Started liquids today. All I can say is that I am hungry! I want to put food in my mouth and chew! So I get a Meal Replacement for Breakfast lunch and dinner; and 2 Protein Snacks like crystal light with Protein powder in it. I am ready for something that isn't sweet. I want something salty! I have been drinking the crystal light all day, I made 2 quarts and in between cups of that I am drinking 16 oz bottles of Water. Been to the bathroom many times! I am going to call my doctor office tomorrow and see if I can have broth with protein because I'm already bored and just got started!!! Wednesday is coming up fast, so excited and scared at the same time! Now I am about to have my banana shake! Bottoms up!

I have broth Jello protein shakes Water coconut water different flavors of broth today's day 3 of my liquid diet and its getting easier. ...The first day was so so so so hard. Keep up the good work in the end it will be such a blessing to be healthy

Day 4 liquid diet 9 days before surgery woot woot I feel so much better today went to my aunts for dinner brought my own food with me and even tho they were all eating pizza I could enjoy myself with out indulging everyone asked me a million questions about surgery I'm so ready to join the losers bench

Omg omg just left my Dr office I have lost 4 lbs on my liquid diet I'm so excited

Insomnia kicking in its 1am and I can't sleeo and I got my RNY surgery in the morning

Good luck!! Keep us posted!