Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I survivied and am back home!

I think i am the newest bandster on this board for now! I feel like I was hit with a baseball bat--and have the bruises to prove it if anyone wants to see, but liquids are sliding down o.k.---

How much am I supposed to take daily? And how much of this beneprotein? Help--I can't remember a thing=-=and all my papers say is "clear liq. x 1 week, then fulll liq".

Happy as a clam,

Kimberly

Congratulations, you're an official Bandster! You will get feeling better day by day! Try hot tea w/lemon & a little honey for something that seems to help a little during the clear liquid stage. Remember it's temporary. You can do it! Once you get to full liquids, you can start the Protein Shakes. They're pretty satisfying - add frozen fruits and a fresh banana. Add a few ice cubes to thicken them. The Benefiber can be sprinkled onto foods or stirred into liquids. It's tasteless and doesn't "gunk up" in your system like Metimucil. Glad all went well!:D

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well. Isn't benefiber a once a day treatment? Some of my patients take it only in the morning, but I'm not sure if it differs for bandsters, or from person to person. As long as you have some sort of regularity, whether it's normally several times a day, or normally once every third day, you're probably ok. To be on the safe side, email your doc or patient coordinator.

You might double-check w/ your dr. about the amt. of Benefiber to use and when. The container directions say 1 to 2 tablespoons up to 3 times daily (or as dr. prescribes). Personally, I take it because of colon polyps (and family colon cancer history). I know I don't eat fiberous vegetables like I used to. Once you get on solids, you may have a problem w/ Constipation. You can take a stool-softener gel tab for that.

Wow, Fiber, hair loss, Vitamins, dry skin, indigestion, etc. As Rosanna Rosanna Danna (old Saturday Night Live) used to say, "It's always something!":rolleyes:

Kimberly - I am glad you are home and doing good. Please post how things were for you for all us new people that still are waiting to go through it. Hugs to you!

Betty

Thanks for all your support, guys! I am recovering nicely--a shower is a miraculous thing! Makes me feel soooo much better!

Iwas asking about Beneprotein--the Protein supplement, not benefiber--but I will check with my doc on wednesday--

Taking minimal pain meds (liquid tylenol with codeine--blech!) and increasing my activity every day--I don't know if my black and blueness is normal, but it's resolving, too. I have five incision sites.

Tolerating liquids without any problems. Just basically, behaving myself up here!!

:D

Congrats on going through with it!

I've had mine 10 days now.

I also have some bruising at the bottom of my left side (below the port). It will get darker before healing.

My diet after the first 48 hours of ice chips and Water, has been apple sauce, pudding, carnation instant Breakfast, popsicles (all sugar-free of course), v-8, chicken broth and water. I haven't had any issues with any of these, nor chewable vitamins or even my normal pills.< /p>

At the 14 day mark, I can start with cottage cheese and other mushes and ground up food. Regular food after six weeks.

I tried to do office type work at 3-5 days, and got really sore and run down. It feels much better to be back at work now, and I should have waited. The liquid tylenol with codine is helpful for pain and sleep.< /p>

It is a relief to have it done, but I still have a little depression about giving up some of the old (and harmful) eating habits.

This has been a wonderful site for advice and support. There is some real tough love out there, which is great for all of us to think through before we make changes in our lives. their credibility comes from the fact that these people have lived through all of our challenges, and give advice for no other reason than to help us.

Kimber, so happy to see the operation is behind you! Glad you're healing well.

Good luck to those of you who are in the first stages. Nice to see you! Can't wait to see your faces.

Hiya Kimberly!

So glad to hear that you were safely transported to bandland!

I wasn't given a specific brand for Protein supp... was just told to choose a whey Protein Drink and that my total daily Protein intake should be 60 grams or more. I chose powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate flavor and the unflavored mixed with the low carb carnation instant Breakfast.

My diet orders were a lot different than yours... but while I was on Clear liquids... popsicles were my best friend... as well as SF Jello. When you get to full liguids... yogurt without chunks of fruit goes down well and NF pudding. I also ate cream of Tomato Soup and other strained cream Soups during the full liquid stage.

I don't know if you saw the pics of my belly after being banded... I'll attatch one just so that you won't feel alone with your bruising!

Congratulation girlie!

Darcy

post-203959-13813131320109_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness, Gross Darcy, that's really gross! But I love it!

I'm feeling gaggy again because I'm really tired of my leaking incision. Goo Goo, go away, come back some other day (but not in my lifetime!)

Wow, Darcy that looks painful!

I dont remember bruising like that when my gallbladder was removed laparoscopically. Is that your port site?

As gross as it is Delarla, you and your goo crack me up. I do hope that gets better for you.

I'm wondering too, with all the work you're doing on the homefront, if maybe it's contributing to the problem?

Remodeling dust isn't your friend when you have an open wound, that crap will just invite itself right on in and make itself at home anywhere... & everywhere.

:alien

Nah, my open wound and me go way back. I just started the home repairs this past weekend. I have a "seroma" which is something that happens when an implant is removed from the body. It causes a cavity - an empty space where something once was, and the empty space collects Fluid. The Fluid needs to drain... actually, it's supposed to eventually absorb back into my body.

Gross Darcy got her name cuz she likes blood & gore... she's not very gross though, not at all. As a matter of fact, Darcy, your belly didn't look very fat to begin with. Yer no bigger 'en a corn nub.