Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible Surgery Delay- Freaking Out!

So I go to my allergist today to get my weekly 4 shots. Well they were in such a hurry because their office party was at noon and I was there at 11:30 with 5 other people so they called us back 2 at a time.

The 2 nurses got my shots and another ladies mixed up! They gave me hers and she got mine!!!!!

They gave me a singular and a zyrtec. Wanted to give me a shot of steriod but I said no because one of the preop questions from anethesia yesterday was if I had been on steriods in the last 6 month. So they gave a scrip dose.

I called my surgeon who sent me to the preop people.

I am waiting on an answer back from the anethsiaologist (sp I know) if I can take the scrip or not. If I don't take it and have a negative reaction which will require me to use my Epi Pen surgery will be delayed a week. If I have to take the steriod it could delay my surgery for 6 weeks!

I'm waiting for a call back but freaking out!!!!!! I'm already starting to feel crappy from the shots.

I hope you've heard from the anesthesiologist and that all is well.

I'm definitely not a doctor but I think you should be okay. Neither of those meds is anything major. Keep us posted!

Ok so I had to take the steroid pills (15 total) and had to take with a little food so I wouldn't get sick.

Doc was ok with that. Anesthesia said he will give me something in my iv to avoid a reaction Monday so I am still on!

Bad news is I feel like crap now from the reaction to the shots and the huge dose of steroids

Ok so I had to take the steroid pills (15 total) and had to take with a little food so I wouldn't get sick.

Doc was ok with that. Anesthesia said he will give me something in my iv to avoid a reaction Monday so I am still on!

Bad news is I feel like crap now from the reaction to the shots and the huge dose of steroids

So glad it all worked out for you!! I hope the doctors office was extremely apologetic!! Good luck with your surgery! :)

Glad it worked out. I hope the nurses that gave the shots to you are in trouble. That could have been much worse.

My surgery is Monday!!! My surgeons office called me yesterday, Friday, to tell me that the 2nd round of blood testing was showing something unusual, that pregnancy was "indeterminate". It is not possible that I'm pregnant, I'm 57 and post-menopausal but nevertheless the Surgeon made me contact my Gynecologist and have her send a letter explaining why. It turns out the hormones I was taking (stopped almost 4 weeks ago) were causing the unusual results in my blood work. I was so worried that my surgery was going to get postponed that I was freaking out. Once you have been on the liquid diet for almost 2 weeks and just want to get the surgery over with its hard to imagine having it postponed or cancelled. On top of that I choose this time of the year (holiday season) as it would cause the least amount of suspicion about why I needed two weeks off work. My boss is so nosy I know she will be giving me the third degree anyway when she sees me starting to loose weight.

I'm lucky enough to have a boss who had bypass little over ten years ago. He has been an awesome support for me and an encourgement. I can't imagine having a nosy nonsupportive boss. I'm so sorry!