Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is December 2nd and I will be starting my liver shrinking diet. I am a little nervous but I know I will be ok. So just want to know is it ok to have your snack between Breakfast and lunch instead of lunch and dinner?

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will do great if you stick to the plan and stay connected here for tips, ideas, help and encouragement. In answer to your question, food and your body don't know what time it is, so it shouldn't matter if you "reschedule" your snack - IN THEORY. I say this because you DO know what time it is, and many folks need more sustenance in the latter half of the day versus the first half. I would at least try to work the doctors plan for a few days to see how it goes. I don't know what your pre-op diet consists of, but many include SF popsicles and SF Jell-O, so you could always add those into your mid-morning, possibly? Keep posting and let us know how you are doing!

I will thank you for your input

Today is December 2nd and I will be starting my liver shrinking diet. I am a little nervous but I know I will be ok. So just want to know is it ok to have your snack between breakfast and lunch instead of lunch and dinner?

Good luck. Do exactly as ur doc says and u will do good. Good luck! This website has been a BIG help to me and my journey.

I'm on day one of a week long pre op diet as well! Congrats to us! We are in the home stretch before the big day! My diet consists of unlimited sf liquids (like sf Popsicles, Jello, crystal light) and broth. And up to three Protein Shakes per day. That's it. I'm jealous that you get to eat real food! I keep reading that the first three days are the worst. Hang in there! When is your surgery date? Where are you going?

How's day two going? Definitely feel more tired today and I have had a headache all afternoon. Guess it's true about day 2 & 3. Not fun! Sipping broth and lying down for now. I'm on call for work all night, hoping for some sleep. And off tomorrow, so more sleep then. And its crazy how much food advertisements influence what we eat. I see them everywhere now! argh! Hope you're surviving!