Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 6 Post Op Eating Solid Food With No Problems! Is This Ok

Um never ask you to sugar coat SH*T at THE ICY ONE and I dont have to sneek comments what come up comes out if Im coming off on here as rude is because you and the some of your ppl where rude to me, not all but some, a SIMPLE QUESTION is all I ask not for any ones OPINION, And by the way your not the only one that has had two major surgeries within a year Ive had three so you point!!! YES GET YOUR WALKER YOUR PROBABLY GOING TO NEED IT HERE SOON!!! You and the rest of your friends on here.*SMILE* ;) NOW THATS BEING RUDE. (ALL CAPS)...CARRY ON AND DO NOT CARE TO READ YOUR REPLY YOURS AND NO ONE ELSES UNLESS, AT THE THIS I ASKED THIS QUESTION IT WAS BENEFICIAL TO ME!!! ;)

It's all opinion. I am not a medical professional. Just another bandster who was trying to be nice to a newb while giving what I felt was sound advice that would not harm another human being.

When you ask a question on an open, public forum you will receive a variety of responses, some of which you may not like. It is up to you to filter those responses and glean the information sought then toss the rest. Arguing with the respondents, calling us rude and other names for having the unmitigated gall to answer your question and perhaps humorously/sarcastically defend ourselves against charges laid at our door is a bit rude, as well.

Look, Undertaker, I don't know what it is you want, anymore and to be perfectly honest, I am past caring, at this point. Maybe you had a legit concern, maybe you are just a drama queen sh*t stirrer. Whatever. I wish you and your band all the best in life. Take care.

Well at the THE ICY ONE I am a medical professional (nurse) and I don't have all the answers and neither does my Dr who perform my surgery because he has never been banded...which is the reason I asked a question. I'm far from a drama Queen Sh*t stirrer as u said. My question was answered and yes you were the one to get smart with me first u was flat out rude oh wait humorously sarcastic and If I felt someone it was rude that's my Opinion regardless of what u or anyone thinks God Bless You and I wish you nothing but and abundance of Weight Loss Success..

Undertaker1220....you say your a RN, well I've been around quite a while and you should know you can write a book on what comes through the door...never a dull moment........now consider an open forum with all kinds of backgrounds, emotions, personalities, and sometimes even the simplest understanding.....

You're first mistake is asking everyone on an open forum "Is This OK?" ??????

I for one would never try to answer any question, but simply give my own experience with a certain issue...if I have no experience, then I have nothing to say.......

Where's your bedside manner??? And we all know the Dr is always correct, right??

AT B-52 ALL WAS CONSIDERED AND I DIDNT GET SMART WITH ANYONE ON HERE UNTIL ONE OF THE PEERS WAS AS PUT SARCASTICALLY/HUMOUROUSLY RUDE WITH ME, AND SOME NURSE ARE THE HARDESTS PATIENTS I MYSELF AND ONE OF THEM BUT IM DONE THIS WHOLE THING, I CAN SEE ITS NEVER A DULL MOMENT BUT IM HERE FOR SUPPORT NOT A DEBATE!!! THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS :)

ITS AND OPEN DISCUSSION AND THAT WHAT IS EXPECTED YOUR EXPERIENCE NOT OPINIONS...I YES FOLLOW THE DR. ORDERS IM OK WITH THAT AND I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND...

AGAIN NOT FOR DEBATE AND REGARDLESS OF MY BACKGROUND THATS OUT THE DOOR WHEN IM HERE FOR SUPPORT....IM NOT THE NURSE RIGHT NOW IM THE PATIENT...A

AT B-52 ALL WAS CONSIDERED AND I DIDNT GET SMART WITH ANYONE ON HERE UNTIL ONE OF THE PEERS WAS AS PUT SARCASTICALLY/HUMOUROUSLY RUDE WITH ME, AND SOME NURSE ARE THE HARDESTS PATIENTS I MYSELF AND ONE OF THEM BUT IM DONE THIS WHOLE THING, I CAN SEE ITS NEVER A DULL MOMENT BUT IM HERE FOR SUPPORT NOT A DEBATE!!! THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS,

AND THAT WHAT IS EXPECTED YOUR EXPERIENCE NOT OPINIONS... YES FOLLOW THE DR. ORDERS IM OK WITH THAT AND I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND...

AGAIN NOT FOR DEBATE AND REGARDLESS OF MY BACKGROUND THATS OUT THE DOOR WHEN IM HERE FOR SUPPORT....IM NOT THE NURSE RIGHT NOW IM THE PATIENT...

I see you just joined the group.....don't worry, you will observe and learn....and it is tricky to get around......I could challenge and debate 70% of the people here, but I won't...you will also find people will take exception if you don't believe things the same way as they do.......so what's the point?

Plus 1/2 of them can't stand me or my posts anyway...so you learn......then go on your merry way....

Actually, it can get very entertaining.......I smile most of the time when reading the posts here.....

I too was laughing at some of the post....Yes u live and you learn...Thank you

Noooooo! follow your surgeon's plan! Best wishes, hope that you are back on track!

I am a little late coming in on this conversation, but, I came on here to ask a similar question...so I am right there with you undertaker. I am 4 days post op, drinking like a fiend (protien, Water, broths, etc) and I am SOOOOOOO hungry! I got the band for a reason as well. I want to get my self healthier, but that does not make this liquid phase any easier...I tried liquidy cream of wheat, yogurt and a couple of veggie straws yesterday and today and had no problems...I just wish i wasnt so so hungry, I am trying to get through this first liquid and mushy phase the right way but I was just curious what some other people were going through. I kind of didnt even want to post this becasue of all the not so nice comments you got, but oh well!

I am a little late coming in on this conversation, but, I came on here to ask a similar question...so I am right there with you undertaker. I am 4 days post op, drinking like a fiend (protien, Water, broths, etc) and I am SOOOOOOO hungry! I got the band for a reason as well. I want to get my self healthier, but that does not make this liquid phase any easier...I tried liquidy cream of wheat, yogurt and a couple of veggie straws yesterday and today and had no problems...I just wish i wasnt so so hungry, I am trying to get through this first liquid and mushy phase the right way but I was just curious what some other people were going through. I kind of didnt even want to post this becasue of all the not so nice comments you got, but oh well!

Hi LeahJ. Welcome. I don't bite, I promise. I just nipped Undertaker... A little. ;) I admit, I should not have risen to the bait and let her provoke me and responded as I did, I am not one who normally indulges in slap fights on message boards. Undertaker took a swipe at me and I allowed myself to swing back. It was silly and juvenile. I own what I said, however, I don't feel as if I was in the wrong.

Anywhoozle... The post op diet that is given to us by our surgeon is crucial to our recovery. The exact progression will vary from doctor to doctor but follows liquids, full liquids, mushies then, finally, when healing is thought to be complete, solids. We are kept on very soft, mild food so that our stomach can fully heal and the band can settle into place, ready to do it's work. Even if you only eat a few bites and it seems to go down okay, is it really worth the remote possibility that you might jeopardize your healing for those few bites?

I seem to be lucky... I am sixteen days out and while my stomach gets a bit growl-y now and again, and I get mildly hungry on occasion, I am still just not all that hungry, not all that interested in food, certainly not feeling that old, nagging HONGRY that used to plague me, before my band. I am aware that it may not last... I could wake up tomorrow in Bandster H*ll but I am still not willing to mess up my so far smooth recovery by testing my still healing gut with foods I am not cleared to be chomping on.

That's just how I feel about it. :)