Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

Green: Have you heard about all the stuff going on down there? I'm pretty sure it's mostly confined to the border towns, like Nuevo Laredo. I haven't really kept track though, just heard rumblings on the news lately.

We spent our honeymoon in Alcapulco and we lived in Arizona for about 6 years when we were first married. Our little town was separated from Mexico by a mountain range. We made a trip down into Mexico with 2 other couples and their children. We took our campers and drove to the coast at Keno Bay. We camped out for four nights. It was breathtakingly beautiful and although it was a little crazy listening to the coyotes howling at night and having the native Indians look at us strangely, we enjoyed the trip.

Upon our return to our little AZ town, we started hearing lots of stories from our neighbors and we started reading the Tucson newspaper and were amazed at how much went on down there with American tourists that we never had heard about before. There were lots of abductions where American parents were having to hock the farm in order to get their college age children back.

Now that was many years ago and I am sure things have changed considerably since then. But it kept the DH and me from doing the usual Cabo/Puerta Vallarta time share thing. We do have a friend who has been very involved lately with a very attractive guy from Mexico City. He is simply delightful and has wonderful stories about his life in Mexico City. It has made me wonder if we have missed out on a lot by staying away.

However, the latest stuff about the drug wars has made those old feelings of caution come up again. Plus when we drove to California a couple of weeks ago, we came back to Texas by way of our former little hometown and drove all along the southeastern Arizona/Mexico border. Every couple of miles we encountered border patrol. I've never seen it so saturated with them. That made me a little nervous too, but don't let my conservative ways influence you, Green. It actually sounds like a great adventure if you know how to handle yourself while you're there. You're so intelligent (and well traveled), I have no doubt that you would know what you're getting into if you decide to live there for a while.

B

Airway: It seems that he will be working in Santiago which is about two hours drive from Mexico City.Further grief is that I will have to postpone my plastic surgery! :paranoid

Go to Mexico, you won't get many chances like this. Scew the heat, it's bad but you can handle it. There's more people in Mexico than there are in Canada...should tell you something. Many Mexicans speak limited English....they ain't stupid...they know you got them pesos. The Tummy Tuck and boob job can wait. Oh, and mail me five dollars for the advice, I don't make house calls.

BJean: Thanks for this post. I always enjoy hearing from you and this post was most timely because Mexico is very much on my mind. Over this past winter there has been a number of Canadians who have died while vacationing in Mexico. While the number of people who have died has not been large these are individuals who have died violent deaths while they were staying at high-end luxury resorts. This has been disturbing for Canadians for of course these deaths have been widely reported; but the reason that Canadians remain deeply disturbed is that the local Mexican authorities have badly botched the investigations into these murders.

In the case of an older couple who were found with their throats slashed in their five star resort room - they were down there for a family wedding - the room and environs were scrubbed down by the hotel staff before forensics had a chance to do their crawl.

And then the local cops decided that the persons of interest were a couple of mums, friends who were taking a week's break from life in northern Ontario. One of them was going to a northern university, she was in med school as a matter of fact.

These two grrlfriends had returned home the very day that these murders were discovered, exactly one whole week after their week in the sun had begun, you know. Green saw their photos in all the media. They had to hire expensive lawyers, you know, after those allegations. The women, a couple of women who were wives and mothers who were in their early thirties, were understandably absolutely freaked out.

Now, I am someone who has done a fair amount of travelling and I do believe that it is sometimes true that tourists reap what they have sewn. My mate and I travel fairly attitude free and we are curious people. This has stood us in good stead up to now. Nevertheless, sometimes an innocent and open heart may not be enough.

I was talking to my physiotherapist about the possibility of my mate moving to Mexico for awhile or for an even longer while and of course I have mentioned the possibility of my joining him for part of his stay. My therapist is Nicaraguan but he is my age and thus he has been around for quite awhile. He told me that he lived in Mexico for four years and while he made friends with many of the local folk he personally found the establishment to be corrupt and he was glad to leave the country. In fact he told me that he told the Mexican authorities as he was exiting that they could destroy his version of the American green card; he had no intention of returning!

While I have no intention of ruling my life by anecdotes, I do find them of enormous value. It is through marrying up statistics and anecdotes that we can best sense what is happening around us, doncha think?

Go to Mexico, you won't get many chances like this. Scew the heat, it's bad but you can handle it. There's more people in Mexico than there are in Canada...should tell you something. Many Mexicans speak limited English....they ain't stupid...they know you got them pesos. The Tummy Tuck and boob job can wait. Oh, and mail me five dollars for the advice, I don't make house calls.

I do have ta say that I love Mexico, the culture, the food, etc......... As for the plastic, it was gonna be on my already fairly good face. Boobs are okay and only my man can see my tummy. Now the face, that is up front and central, eh!:faint: :paranoid Big thanx fer the advice. Keep it coming. I need lots of input right now. I am kinda blonde and I am Canadian.:D

I am kinda blonde and I am Canadian.:)

I personally like both of thos attributes. I don't remember the last canuk I didn't like and I'm partial to blondes having been married to one for 35 years. When Sharon Stone crossed her legs and the man world went ga-ga over blonde hair. I went "what's the bid deal.

airwayman: should you ever decide to make house calls, please let me know.

BJ

Green: There's adventure and then there's Wild and Crazy Risky Adventure. Just know what you're getting into. Life is too short as it is.

Furthermore, I'd take my risks with the knife of a good plastic surgeon over that of a murderous skank in a foreign country.

Well, I have moved my face restoration/renovation project to the early fall, to September (lapband month) in fact. So much for looking just like Laura Bush! LOL My kinder, gentler, nicer half will be spending June in Mexico. I am pondering spending part of the time down there as well.

I figure that I will have to buy myself a laptop and I have been planning to get myself a digital camera for sometime now. Oh yah, I'm gonna need an English-Spanish dictionary. And of course I never travel without a crate load of books! I will need all these toys to entertain myself while my fine man is off teaching others how to do our highly paid unionized jobs for he will be working long hours and 6 days a week.

While we earn close to 30 bucks Canadian/hr plus drugs, dental, and eye glasses, etc, our new partners will be earning the equivalent of 8 Cdn smackeroons for doing the same work. As for benefits and overtime premiums? who knows....

And Airwaydude, I felt exactly the same as you did with respect to Sharon Stone's blondieness. I said to myself, so.........???:) :bored

And Airwaydude, I felt exactly the same as you did with respect to Sharon Stone's blondieness. I said to myself, so.........???:) :bored

Yeah, but you said "so" for a different reason than I said "so."

LOL Oh, you are so right! In my case it was that I was wearing the same T-shirt, er, um, or whatever.......

While I have no intention of ruling my life by anecdotes, I do find them of enormous value. It is through marrying up statistics and anecdotes that we can best sense what is happening around us, doncha think?

Well stated

evilah

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I'm official now! I got my band yesterday and came home today. Check out the new signature... :)

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I'm official now! I got my band yesterday and came home today. Check out the new signature... :)

Totally awesome, Dude! Congratulations!

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I'm official now! I got my band yesterday and came home today. Check out the new signature... :P

Whoohoo! You go, baby! Congratulations:clap2: and how are ya feeling?:)