Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homosexual Liberal Atheists ~ What's UP with that?

BJ where have you been???? I've missed your posts!

I don't live in Paris, I think Di1138 lives in Paris.... but I've been there and it's a beautiful city and I wouldn't mind living there for a while....:w00t: though I would always return, since my heart belongs to America.....:thumbup:

I live in Chicago! and work in Park Ridge, a suburb very close to Chicago, I work for the Mayor, remember I was telling you about it? I think....but maybe I'm losing it.... :w00t: ,he and a partner have owned an Insurance Brokerage firm for about 25 years now and I've worked here for 5+ years, since I moved from Florida, I do commercial underwriting mostly, but have done personal too... and my dear boss brings a lot of his political stuff to the office... so we are always updated here and find out all the interesting gossip...:scared2: and we get to see the politician side of him... some of us have also helped during his campaign..

And since I'm on a roll here telling you about myself, I'm a 45 years old young girl , married for 17 years now...with two teenage girls, 14 and almost 16 and I'll stop now.... This is probably too much info in one day isn't it? LOL!

Anywho, I was kidding when I said that Jesus would be a moderate republican or a conservative... seriously I was joking, someone posted about it and I was just acting up and trying to be funny... sorry....:wub:

I really haven't seriously thought about it... but I think that Ready actually got it right, I would say He would be independent....:thumbup: darn it, now you got me thinking and I'm going to have to do so homework about this...

Good to see you here BJ!:blink:

Your "info" says Paris...

You sound like you have a great sense of humor!

My info? where the heck is my info? oh Lordie... I have to check it out, I'm thinking that back when I filled all that out I may have wrote it there for privacy... not sure now... but I must fix it...!

Thanks for the sense of humor compliment...

You know, when I first started posting in R&R on LBT a while ago ,I used to take a lot of it personal and I didn't know how to debate in a civil manner, I don't think I did it out of being mean, I hope so anyway..:thumbdown: , but out of being passionate about some subjects, but I think I've learned a little since then :rolleyes:...

I have gotten to learn more about everybody here and even when we disagree on the subjects, I know that most mean well and they are just as passionate as I am, and I've gotten to like MANY of you guys here very much, so now my previously humor-deprived self lets it all hang out... and I feel better about it, and who would've thought? you even noticed!:eek: mi like it....

Edited by ELENATION

Fixed, my info now says Chicago , Illinois..

I remember my screen name used to be my first name and last name initial and I used to have the right city and state and long time ago someone mentioned that it wasn't safe to have our real names and real addresses in a public forum so I requested my user name to be changed, they approved it because they realized that I was using my own name so they didn't have a problem with that, but I never changed the city and state to my real one...

But now is fine... and frankly I don't even care so much about the privacy, after all this is not some weird site or anything...:rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing that out! I was confused with the "republican/conservative from Paris" comment.... I didn't realize at the time that it was about me...:thumbdown: :eek: sorry....

Edited by ELENATION

Elenation I'm glad to know you missed me. I have been off to hell and back. I had an attack of ischemic colitis that almost left me dead. I lived but I am minus half of my large intestine. Strangely enough I'm learning that I can survive without it and I'm beginning to forget the indescribable pain that went on for days. Are you feeling sorry for me yet? I seem to be milking it. But for cripes sake I deserve just a teensy bit of whining - a person doesn't have near death experiences every day. Gotta get some mileage out of it.

My DH brought me home last Sunday and here it is Friday and I'm still just posting a tiny bit here and there at LBT. I've decided that maybe all that debating I was "enjoying" might not be the healthiest thing in the world for me. I don't like gratuitous mamby pamby threads, but rage is overrated.

I've enjoyed getting to know you a little in this process. At first, I sure thought you were a nut. But you seem like a cool person that I would love to have as a friend.

Yes, I do remember our talk about your job and its' political influences. I am not quite clear headed - if I ever was. I am sure I'm still sloughing off all the drugs though so please bear with me.

In any case, the doc says I'm going to be able to march down to the voting booth and cast my ballot in November. So you conservatives better watch out!

:thumbdown:

BJean, sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Elenation I'm glad to know you missed me. I have been off to hell and back. I had an attack of ischemic colitis that almost left me dead. I lived but I am minus half of my large intestine. Strangely enough I'm learning that I can survive without it and I'm beginning to forget the indescribable pain that went on for days. Are you feeling sorry for me yet? I seem to be milking it. But for cripes sake I deserve just a teensy bit of whining - a person doesn't have near death experiences every day. Gotta get some mileage out of it.

My DH brought me home last Sunday and here it is Friday and I'm still just posting a tiny bit here and there at LBT. I've decided that maybe all that debating I was "enjoying" might not be the healthiest thing in the world for me. I don't like gratuitous mamby pamby threads, but rage is overrated.

I've enjoyed getting to know you a little in this process. At first, I sure thought you were a nut. But you seem like a cool person that I would love to have as a friend.

Yes, I do remember our talk about your job and its' political influences. I am not quite clear headed - if I ever was. I am sure I'm still sloughing off all the drugs though so please bear with me.

In any case, the doc says I'm going to be able to march down to the voting booth and cast my ballot in November. So you conservatives better watch out!

:eek:

BJ! I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!!! man, I promise you I was going to pm you yesterday because it had been long since I saw you posting! but I was busy as heck yesterday and today I saw you posting, so I thought you were ok, and now I find this out!

Honey, you have all the right to whine! and as much as you want!

You know, I had to google the ischemic colitis because even though I've heard the name before, I didn't know exactly what it was and as I read the symptoms , they looked familiar, they were somewhat similar to Diverticulitis.... which hubby had last year, he spend one week in the hospital, the week of Thanksgiving....:Banane33:

But as I read more, I realize that it's not the same, it sounds painful and yes, dangerous, but the good thing is that you are home now! and doing better! thank God! I'm very sorry and I'm glad to see you here and getting better, please take good care of yourself and follow the doctor's orders. Is there a diet or a particular plan you have to follow now? hanging in there! and keep us posted.

I'm glad to get to know you too, and that you have been able to see beyond my "nuttiness" (sp..?) LOL! I know, I know... I sure can be a little nuts sometimes...:thumbdown:

Hey, don't even worry about remembering all our previous conversations now, right now you must concentrate on getting better and I know that we all slough off after taking all those meds.... right now, I want a little bit of those nice drugs for myself.....:huh2: I want to relax and feel no pain.... can you send me some?

Listen I know that you'll be running to that booth in November! so I need to come up with a good plan so we conservatives can win baby! I think I'll start going door to door trying to convince people....now can I have your address please?:Banane48::tt2:, I'll be in your area sunday first thing in the morning... you better open that door!

I'm taking about 10 days off from work, next tuesday I'll be off until July 1st, spending some time with my girls, tha's the plan so far, so I may not be posting much the next two weeks, but I will sure check on you before I leave. You take care now girl! :rolleyes:

Edited by ELENATION

Fixed, my info now says Chicago , Illinois..

I remember my screen name used to be my first name and last name initial and I used to have the right city and state and long time ago someone mentioned that it wasn't safe to have our real names and real addresses in a public forum so I requested my user name to be changed, they approved it because they realized that I was using my own name so they didn't have a problem with that, but I never changed the city and state to my real one...

But now is fine... and frankly I don't even care so much about the privacy, after all this is not some weird site or anything...:drool:

Thanks for pointing that out! I was confused with the "republican/conservative from Paris" comment.... I didn't realize at the time that it was about me...:thumbup: :drool: sorry....

Glad you fixed it. I am glad you are from Chicago not Paris :)

Why thank you, Susan. I sure appreciate it.

I've been much more active today and I've been able to eat more. I'm beginning to wish I could have some restriction. But first things first. I should just be glad to get my appetite back. I couldn't force myself to eat anything for days. I had a thought at one time when I couldn't even eat a bite of Jello, wouldn't it be ironic if I wound up anorexric. Not a thing funny about that.

Wish I could send you some Vicodan, elenation. Turns out it doesn't agree with me and I have a bunch of expensive pills just going to waste. Maybe I should stand on the street and look for buyers. You know I'm joking I hope.

Hope you have a great vacation from the job.

BJean

Glad you fixed it. I am glad you are from Chicago not Paris :blushing:

LOL! THis is the first e-mail I read this morning and it had me cracking up LOL!

I totally agree, I'm thrilled to be from Chicago and not from Paris myself.....

No offense to those Parisians out there...:ohmy:

Why thank you, Susan. I sure appreciate it.

I've been much more active today and I've been able to eat more. I'm beginning to wish I could have some restriction. But first things first. I should just be glad to get my appetite back. I couldn't force myself to eat anything for days. I had a thought at one time when I couldn't even eat a bite of Jello, wouldn't it be ironic if I wound up anorexric. Not a thing funny about that.

Wish I could send you some Vicodan, elenation. Turns out it doesn't agree with me and I have a bunch of expensive pills just going to waste. Maybe I should stand on the street and look for buyers. You know I'm joking I hope.

Hope you have a great vacation from the job.

BJean

I know you are joking.... but.... send them my way, I'll look for buyers here, the business is good here in Chicago....and I'm not joking...:biggrin2: Ok, ok... I am:tt2:....

Hey send me a little update today if you can and let me know how you are doing, tomorrow I won't be here.... I hope you are feeling better, man, I can't wait to be away from work for a while....ugh!

(((((())))))

Edited by ELENATION

Hi Ele! I'd send 'em but I'd get busted for sure!

I'm actually quite a lot better. It is so hard to believe that I just came home a week ago. I never would have believed that I could improve and change this quickly!

Not having a 12 inch midline incision is a large part of it I think. Thank goodness for that! The dude went directly through my belly button. It is wierd to think about and odd to see. But the scars are really looking good. Not so much like wounds - just scars.

I am eating real food again. I'm nervous about regaining the 10 lbs. I lost! I am going to continue to eat very small portions and stay away from bread and sweets. The temptation is there because I have no restriction, but the one thing that I am enjoying is being able to drink lots of Water whenever I want!!

Have a great trip. Thanks for checking in on me - you're a cool dude-ette.

bj

Hi Ele! I'd send 'em but I'd get busted for sure!

I'm actually quite a lot better. It is so hard to believe that I just came home a week ago. I never would have believed that I could improve and change this quickly!

Not having a 12 inch midline incision is a large part of it I think. Thank goodness for that! The dude went directly through my belly button. It is wierd to think about and odd to see. But the scars are really looking good. Not so much like wounds - just scars.

I am eating real food again. I'm nervous about regaining the 10 lbs. I lost! I am going to continue to eat very small portions and stay away from bread and sweets. The temptation is there because I have no restriction, but the one thing that I am enjoying is being able to drink lots of Water whenever I want!!

Have a great trip. Thanks for checking in on me - you're a cool dude-ette.

bj

Thank you for responding! I'm SOOOO glad you are feeling MUCH better! isn't it incredible how they go through the belly button now a days? you better believe that's a tremendous advantage, if you had a huge incision, you certainly could face a much longer recovery, so that's awesome!

Listen, don't be nervous of gaining the weight, you are staying away from bread and sweets, that's half the battle won, drinking lots of Water will help too, besides, you must get all the nutrients now so you can get stronger and 100% back to normal, the way you are eating, I doubt you will gain 10 pounds, so hanging in there.

My day is freaking crazy here, of course my boss is slamming me with work as much as he can before I go on vacation...:crying:

I may not be on LBT then for a little while, but I'll be back! and I know you'll be totally recovered by the time I come back, so keep it up!

:eek::thumbup::frown:

Edited by ELENATION

I had an attack of ischemic colitis

:biggrin:

Holy Schmoley!! Are you allright?!? During my ICU stint most of my patients that had gangrenous colon (started off as ischemic) didn't live very long. That can get very bad very quickly.

Yeah, so far I'm a lucky one. The attack started late Friday afternoon, went to the hospital Sat. AM, had a cat scan which made it quite obvious that I had a serious problem, Sunday AM had a colonoscopy revealing the dying section of my colon, Monday AM had resection. In the photos from the colonoscopy, there was an area that they said had already died. My doc had reasons for not wanting to operate on Sunday and I trusted him. I am glad that he didn't make a judgement call that ended with me with a necrotic perforation in the morgue.

plain I really thought I was a dead man. (girl) A couple of times I begged them to let me die - including when they brought me out from under the anesthesia after surgery. I am still living in fear that it will happen again somewhere else in my existing colon. Although every day I feel better and have some faith that I will survive this. (And get to go on our planned trip to Italy in Sept.)

Friends that we are supposed to travel with were in shock about this event and I think they realized what the outcome might have been if I had been on a small cruise ship off the coast of Portofino or traipsing through some little remote Italian village.

Let me axe you, now be honest with me... is there a good chance that it will happen again? That's something that I was too wigged out to ask the doc. But I'd like to know, for sure.

And btw, thanks for asking about me! It is theraputic to talk about all this.