Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2013 Post Op

I had my surgery 11/11/13 too. Had some ups and downs but feeling pretty good. I was down 24 lbs. but this morning I had gained 1.5 which freaked me out! I was on the shakes longer than expected. I thought I had to be on them until my 2 week follow-up. The dr. said I should have already been on some foods, so I started and ate something that clogged my opening!!! Talk about PAIN!!! I thought I was going to die!!! I called him at night and he said to ride it out. I threw up my guts then dry heaved for half of the following day. Then for 48 hrs. back on liquids. So, it's only been a week since I started baby foods, yogurt and stuff like that. Then the gain grrrrr..... Today, I just had my shake for Breakfast, 1 oz grilled chicken and applesauce for lunch, and dinner broth and having a shake. I'm going to look at some other suggestions on what everyone is eating.

I'm almost 2 wks post op and feeling so much better! I'm hoping my follow up appt on Monday my surgeon gives the ok for pureed foods! The Protein Shakes are hard to stomach at this point but I just bought a book called "the bariatric foodie guide to perfect Protein shakes" by nikki massie! It's a great recipe book that everyone should get!!! I got it on Amazon and can't wait to try out some recipes once I can add fruit to my shakes:)

Does anyone know when we are allowed to have a little Peanut Butter? I think a tablespoon would taste great and give me some Protein and fat that my body is craving! I will have to remember to ask my surgeon about that on Monday:)

Does anyone know when we are allowed to have a little Peanut Butter? I think a tablespoon would taste great and give me some Protein and fat that my body is craving! I will have to remember to ask my surgeon about that on Monday:)

My surgeon allows it after day 17 post op... 1 tbls a day only... Have you bought and had PB2 ( krogers for $5.00). It is a low fat , low sugar powdered peanut butter. Great added to almond breeze and protein vanilla flavored powder... Also come PB2 choc and pb flavor! Yummy. .. I was told it can stick to your staple line if it's too early post op ;-(

Thanks good to know! I have PB2 and love it with chocolate Protein Powder. .tastes like a Reeses cup! I haven't used the pb2 since surgery on 11/19 but I think I will use some tomorrow!

Use the PB2 - I don't think PB is on my list until the last stage (4-6 weeks from surg) as it is a high sugar food. I've heard a lot of people dump from it!!!

Ok good to know! I only use organic raw Peanut Butter no sugar added! But I've heard it can stick to the staple line early on so probably best to wait:)

Where can I find PB2? I just searched Kroger but couldn't find it. What section do you find it in? I'm struggling the last few days getting anything at all in. Even broth is making me feel sick and I'm almost a whole month out hoping to get to start puréed next week after my follow up.

You should be introducing yogurt or ricotta cheese? I'm two weeks out and I started on those already! You can find PB2 on Amazon or netrition online! My local shoprite carries it but I'm in ny...

Thanks I'll check amazon! Yogurt and ricotta are on my list for puréed foods which I can't start until 4 weeks from the day of surgery (upcoming Tuesday) looking forward to more than broth and shakes!

I've never heard of having to wait 4 wks! Yogurt and ricotta cheese is part of a full liquid diet! I'm an rn and I know this for a fact..u can't live on just shakes and broth for 4 wks..make sure u were given the correct information on that!

They just gave me an instruction book to follow that goes through the different diet stages. They had me on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks (1 week longer than recommended because of some complications). Ricotta and yogurt are listed by my doc in the puréed food stage (mayo clinic lists these as the puréed food stage as well). Every doctor and nutritionist has different recommendations, but I'm going to try some Greek yogurt tonight and see how well I tolerate it.

Oh ok I didn't realize u had some complications! That's entirely different! Yes u should follow your surgeons advice and discharge instructions. .i just know for myself I was soooooo weak on just clears and shakes:( I'm feeling like a new person now that I've added ricotta cheese and yogurt!

What kind of yogurt are you eating? I picked up some plain Greek and then some light strawberry Greek. The plain doesn't sound too appetizing but afraid of the sugar content in the strawberry. Do you have any problems with the fruity yogurts?

I've been eating chobani blended fruit yogurt! I have trouble with artificial sweetner and I hate the taste of it so I've been doing regular juices watered down and pretty much not paying attention to fat content either..I'm taking in maybe 300 to 400 calories a day so I'm not to concerned right now with fat free sugar free..i just eat and drink what I can I tolerate:)