Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Banded in Williamsburg

Bad News everyone -- I called Zannie and the # is disconnected. I sent an email to her personal account and no word. She was going through a very bad time as you can see from another thread she started. She left for family vacation for a week - and has not been heard from since.

If I do hear from her - I will let you know.

Gina,

I hope she is okay. I worry about domestic violence when situations occur like this, the social worker in me. I am not sure the doctor's office would tell you anything, but maybe the next time you are there you could state your worry about her that may prompt them to call her if they haven't heard anything. You would still not know, but you could know you passed it on. I hope she does not feel she could return to the site because she went back to her husband? that is not what friends are for.

thanks for the update.

Janine

Janine, that's a great idea, next time one of us is in the office, we can ask or maybe even call Kat and have her get in touch with Zannie and ask her to call one of us.

Good evening everyone. Thanks for checking on me. I'm doing fine - was in a bit of pain until Friday but then really started feeling better. I started to get on-line yesterday to do an update but my computer would not connect with the site. I thought maybe it was down. Anyway, back to work tomorrow. ;)

Diane - I'm gonna really be sending you good vibes on Wednesday. Try not to worry - everyone at the hospital was so great. I had the greatest nurse checking in and we chatted about the whole band process.

I have been doing lots of drinking and walking. Even went to Sams Club yesterday. I stopped taking the pain pills the first day and have relied on Tylenol. The gas right under my left breast has been the worse so I've been laying on my left side with the heating pad and it helps.

I'm really looking forward to all this and it helps that my family and friends are very supportive of me. Not to mention all the info I've gotten here. So - all is good! :)

On another note - I'm worried about Zannie too. I have an appointment on the 7th of Nov so if I'm the next one with one I would be glad to ask the girls at the office to get a message to her. Just let me know.

Hey there Donna! So glad you checked in and that you're feeling better. I had told my husband about the lap band support / nutrition session that I went to and that I met another "wiliamsburger" there and when your surgery was going to be. He's been asking me if I heard anything from you on this forum since your surgery. He seemed visibly relieved when I said that you posted, and that you're doing fine. We're getting a little anxious....Just two more days 'til I'm in bandland too

Diane - I just sent you a PM. Please tell Hubby to try not to worry. I know that really isn't possible but everything was great. The surgery took about 45 minutes and when it was over the Dr. came out to let my hubby know that all was OK. After that they told him they would call him on his cell when I was out of the recovery room and he just told me it was an hour up to that point. They took me in right before the 7:30 surgery time - it was great being the first one. I got home around 1:30 but that was only because they were busy in the x-ray so it took them longer to do that on me. Once they finished with that I was released.

Donna - Welcome home! It feels good to have this behind you doesn't it - all the anticipation of surgery.

Sounds like you are doing great -- ;)

I have to come to Williamsburg on Tuesday of this coming week -- I am interviewing 2 guys for a job opening I have in Richmond. I am meeting one at 10:45 and one at Noon at the Cracker Barrell on Bypass Rd.

Have a good night everyone!

Gina - yes, it feels GREAT to have it behind me. Now I'm ready for the real work! ;)

Will you be heading on to Richmond or just doing the interviews here? I love the Halloween stuff Cracker Barrell has.

Have a good evening.

Gina - yes, it feels GREAT to have it behind me. Now I'm ready for the real work! ;)

Will you be heading on to Richmond or just doing the interviews here? I love the Halloween stuff Cracker Barrell has.

Have a good evening.

Staying there - it is half-way for each.

You too.

Diane, just wanted to let you know we're thinking about you and by the time you read this, you'll be in Band Land ....woohoo!clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Good mornin' everybody!

I just got banded yesterday. Laid around in the bed all day and now I can't get to sleep! So I thought I'd update everybody. Surgery went well. I didn't have any chapped lips or sore throat from the breathing tube, like I've read some people get. Nor have I had any gas pains in the shoulder :) Just a whole lot of tummy rumblings and very frequent urination.;). Although that seems to be leveling of

Other than that, all's well. Hope you folks have a great day:clap2:

thank you gina......it feels great to finally have the surgery behind me (us, DH was very much a major player in this for me, he's been sooooooo helpful!)

Diane Glad to hear it all went well and the goblins did not get to you!! How are you feeling now, day 2?

Donna, glad you are doing great too!! You will love your new life! One day at a time...

Gina and Nana, I have a question for the veterans! I had my third fill on october 8, and have felt real restriction just this week, food getting stuck and having a harder time of eating. I have been slowing down and chewing more. I can't eat some foods I ate before such as thin crusted pizza and wraps.

My question is; I have a fill appt. on November 13, should I get it? I don't want to be at a point that I can't eat or drink, and I am pbing all the time like some others... I have NOT pbing yet, and I want to keep it that way. I am wondering if I am in my "sweet spot" and need to work with it? My weight loss is slowing do to poor choices and no exercise. what do you think?

well, better run to work...wish I was going to be in richmond to see you Gina.