Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Banded in Williamsburg

Speaking of getting together, Signgirl and I met Thursday, then spent Friday morning sitting on my deck in KDH, watching the ocean and yes, discussing Lapband and Lapband talk. Then we had lunch at Awful Arthurs, all of you OuterBanks folks know about the seafood at Arthurs!

I'm ready for an OBX bander weekend. Come on NJ girls, y'all can meet with us, what a time we'd have.

Just came backfromOBX. Met HarlyNana there (Dr.T's first lapbander!). She graciously allowedme to"pick her brain" for all that valuable lap band info from a veteran bander (day-to-day-living with the band). I feel much more at ease now.....We can do this folks!

Thanks HarlyNana. OBX weekend sounds good to me!!!! and I just got back! LOL

HarleyNana -- Please share a before and after photo and some stat's.

If you are willing to give us all some tips and tricks of living day to day.

I just love Dr T. --

Let's plan a group gathering - that we can do qtrly or so - maybe change areas to meet so all have a chance to come without burden being on the same people.

Anyone interested ?

- I will make a info exchange list of "US" if you PM me your info ie LBTname, Actual Name, Address, contact #, contact email address. Once compiled I will send to those who wished to participate - and we will arrange the first MEET!

Have a great day everyone!

Gina, don't know if the picture will show up or not, but I'll give it a try. I'll PM you with my phone number.

As for stats, haven't really kept up with the fills, the only stat I keep up with is my size and how I feel, so...

I feel GREAT, and I wear a 12 in some things, others a 14, as for tops, still got the big boobs, so it's usually a room XL or a 1X that hangs off the shoulders. The picture I'm going to attempt to attach, the top is too big now and sort of hangs. As for my weight, couldn't tell you, as long as the new size still fits, that's all that matters, the weight is just a number :D.

post-204180-13813135584781_thumb.jpg

post-204180-13813135585079_thumb.jpg

Gina, don't know if the picture will show up or not, but I'll give it a try. I'll PM you with my phone number.

As for stats, haven't really kept up with the fills, the only stat I keep up with is my size and how I feel, so...

I feel GREAT, and I wear a 12 in some things, others a 14, as for tops, still got the big boobs, so it's usually a room XL or a 1X that hangs off the shoulders. The picture I'm going to attempt to attach, the top is too big now and sort of hangs. As for my weight, couldn't tell you, as long as the new size still fits, that's all that matters, the weight is just a number :D.

Thanks so much - you are beautiful!!!!!!!!! And you look so much younger - Congrat's!

Hello Gina and all

HarleyNana, thanks for sharing your photo's! I am not a Williamsburg bander, but a Richmond bander, but have posted here just to chat with other Virginians. I am a Nana too, my grandaughter had her 2nd Birthday party yesterday at Chuck E cheese. That was fun! I was good and ate a salad!

I go today at 10 for a doc appointment. Not sure if my NP will give me a fill, but I think I need a tweek. I have 5.75cc and feel some restriction, but that full feeling has gone. I have been able to eat more than I should. but I lost weight too, so I am not sure what she will do? I will see soon, a couple hours.

I will post back later!!!

Janine, when you go for the fill, it will probably depend on how much weight you've lost, in what length of time. If you're losing steadily, then NP may not think you need a fill. But if you feel you do, then insist on a smidgen. The first year, since I was self-pay, my fills were included, but not anymore :car:

Good luck !

HarleyNana - very nice picture! You look so pretty.

So I'm wondering - what kind of Harley do you have? Husband and I have a 2006 Road King. When I lose all this weight, I'm getting my own! (at least that is my plan) :car:

Janine - I agree with HarleyNana -- if you want -- ask and make your case. Of course this is to late -- let us know if you were able to get one!

Harley Nana -- 1 year of free fills -- I think they have changed that to 6 mos' -- I am also self pay! My next fill is the 18th of October and my 6mo anniversary of surgery was 9th -- that stinks. Can I ask how much does it cost for fills now that you pay? I have been concerned about that.

Thanks again for helping us and joining our group!

Janine -- ALL are welcomed in this group - don't have to be williamsburg or the Tidewater area. Richmond is 90 miles away and I visit there - and we can get together!

gina and harley nana than you for the advise. I had a .5cc fill, now 6cc. I really only wanted a little because I had restriction at times, I just lost the full feeling. I am now at 6cc. I am wondering if I should have had a little more for I can eat today. I had some taco meat for dinner and it went down fine. but I also know it can kick in later.

I was really unhappy with my weight. I gained 2 lbs since last week, which is upsetting. but I have been eating chips and salsa a lot. I am hoping I can't swallow them anymore!!I lost 7lbs in the 4 weeks. I hope the fill helps more lbs come off!!!

I hate when you leave the office and forget to ask the questions you wanted to ask. Such as if eating over the amount damaged my band/pouch? or if I can eat more than a cup of liquid type of foods, Soups and chili's? What do you veterans think?

How do you all stick to your portions? could you give me an idea of how much of what types of food I should eat? I hear about people who can eat a tablespoon and be full?? i don't ever see me there, nor do I want to be.

Janine --

Overeating can cause problems - band slipage is one of them.

I get in a bad habit of eatting something that I shouldn't -- such as for a while I was eatting a 1/2c peanuts in the evening or eating ice cream - then I would gain -- and go back to Liquid Protein for a day and then remind myself of the rules, and start over -- :o We ALL do it at one time or another.

:) Good Night.

Donna, I have a Heritage Sofftail Springer, it's big and heavy. A Road King is a very nice bike. If I were to buy a new bike, I think I'd get a Fat Boy, but I'm not really into the Harley scene much now. We built a new home on the Water a few years ago, so my interest have changed to jet skis (much softer landing I might add), and boating. The Harley never came natural to me, it was always a lot of work and lots of anxiety when making sharp turns, especially "U" ies.

Janine, the last time I got a fill I was on 24 hour liquids, or at least the rest of the day. As for over eating, it certainly is not good for the band and it defeats the purpose, NOT to say we haven't all done it at some point, especially when we find something new that will go down too easily...(like those chips and salsa).

I read a thread on here a few days ago that has really made me think twice about over eating, a bander that lost her band and she had been banded in 2003, so we're all susceptible to over eating and losing our band. Point being, I want to focus more on doing what I can to keep my band, recognizing I'm full, and not just eating because I can, old-bad habits are easy to return.

By the way, a tablespoon and be full....hahaha, NOT for me. As long as I eat slow, I can eat a bowl full of Soup or chili. Then again, the other day, I couldn't keep down refried Beans from Taco Bell, my band is quite finicky.

As for what I eat....I don't eat bread and only a few types of crackers, the ones for dipping

Sorry, don't want to lose my post, gotta run, Sears Tech is here

Hugs!

Gina and harleynana, thanks for you support. I had difficulty eating some things today, such as salad. My NP says mushies later in the day after a fill, eating it slow so if you PB you are home, but to take it slow.

I agree with all you said. I surely don't want to lose my band. I did this for a reason!

take care

Janine - I was banded Apr 9 and just celebrated my 6 mo anniversary today and have to say only this past month have I had restirction and kept it for the most part. I was filled 5 weeks ago - and until this week - I'd eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup depending on the density of the food and was satisfied - stuffed naaa .. but knew if I didn't stop I would go to far and be hurting. But I also have to say that I wasn't hungry either until next meal time. I eat alot of chicken and tuna salad, cottage cheese, and Protein Drinks (EAS brand).

Be sure to get your Water in as well - helps with hunger and helps burn or move the fat through your body!

Hugs - and Best of Luck - eatting this week.

Take one day at a time and one week at a time.

Also -- I can't eat lettice when (good) restricted -- last night I did some - but I try to eat the stuffing (Cheese, Tomato's, such) more than the lettice. It is hard to chew lettice enough to get it in little pieces - it just puts holes in it and still remains to big for passing through the band.

:eek: okay - I will stop for now. I know I am rambling... Forgive me.