Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Banded in Williamsburg

Suzanne -- wow you are doing wonderful -- I wish I was doing that good. :(

Janine thanks for asking about exercise -- now I feel real guilty -- I haven't got into any type of routine yet. I need too -- :boink:

I did read that some have more restriction early and during the day than in the evening. I even found that right before my TOM I was eating and munching on everything -- couldn't get satisfied. So hormones can be a part of it - I believe.

I have restriction now -- but I only lose when I go to liquids only -- this is frustrating. Since my 5/31 fill to 6/4 I lost 6 lbs -- and today nothing more. That's 20lbs since 4/9 surgery. :smellie:

Ticker thing -- I have no idea -- I have read others having the same exact problem -- let me know what the resolution is when you find out.

Have a great evening! :cheer2:

Gina Is that a pic of your doggie? I meant to ask? I have two dogs, a Golden retreiver, Maddy, and a mut, Ace. We adopted Ace from a rescue at Petsmart a year ago. He is a trouble maker, I tell him we saved him from the gaschamber!!! Maddy is 6 and a loving dog, gets along with the other dogs that come in to stay and visit! If I could have afforded another golden that is what I would have done, but my step daughter felt we should adopt. Its all good!!!

How are you doing?? I am trying to figure out this soft food menu which is not easy.

Talk to you soon.

Hi Janine. No that's not my puppy dog. Mine is an German Shephard - 6yrs old in August. We have been thinking of getting a 2nd puppy dog for the past 2 years and been thinking about maybe a corgi (pictured) or another german shephard. They are so smart - ours is way smarted than us. (hahaha).

During the mushies - I did alot of tuna salad, egg salad, and chicken salad. I know it is hard -- but I must warn you - when I went to mushies and solids - my weight loss stopped for a month - until I went back to liquids. Hopefully you won't have this happen to you.

I will try to convert and post a picture of Heidi for you to see.

Good luck!

Gina

Goodmorning Gina and Suzanne,

I am on Mushies and I had food lodge last night. I could not beleive it. Taking tiny bites and chewing is harder than I thought! I walked around and paced, and it finally passed. In some ways I am glad that I did it, because it was a wake up call, for me to know it is really there! I weighed myself and I lost 1 lb, down 15, but that is since pre opt. You are right it will be interesting to watch the slow down!

Gina and Suzanne... how are you??? Hope all is going well. Just wanted to check in and say HI!

Hi Janine:

I am doing well -- I have been at another plateau since June 14. (Bouncing around in 4-5 lbs range.)

I have restriction up to the past few days I have had the munchies -- b.a.d.

It seems once I over-eat or eat excessive of what I feel I should I get on a roll that I want to keep eating.

Every morning - I drink a 42 gram IDS Protein bullet mixed in 6 oz of Water. then...

Went to a friends for lunch Thursday who made shrimp - some steamed and some marinated and grilled, with homemade cocktail sauce. Potatoe salad, Italian bread and rainbow sherbet.

I ate probably a dozen shrimp - 1 spoonful of potatoe salad - 1/3 slice of bread - 1 cup of sherbet. That was way more tan I normally would eat -- but it tasted so goooood.

Then she gave us the left over shrimp, cocktail sauce and potatoe salad to take home. I ate another 5 for dinner and 2 - 3 bits of potatoe salad, and some red pepper slices with ranch dip. 1/4 cup peanuts for snack later.

Yesterday I left at 9:30am after eating 3 bits of egg salad - took my IDS drink with me to drink while I was out running around and when I got home at 3 to 4 pm I warmed up spagetti for my DH - I love spagetti and ate 1 cup with more red pepper's and 2 bits of potatoe salad. More peanuts (1/4 cup) and a new Hersey's Mint Choc Stick - 60 cals.

And each day the scale went up 1 lb. --- I got to get back to basics. So today I will do the 42g IDS for Breakfast, and Protein shakes for the other 2 meals -- to stop the madness.

I see you are down 18 lbs -- that is wonderful. How are you feeling? Any more bounce in your step?

Have a great weekend!

Gina

Gina Thanks for outlining your meals. I think it helps to do that. You are not having problems with Pasta, bread or peanuts?? I know eveyone is different, or maybe after your next fill. What Protein shake powder do you have that gives you that many grams? Mine is only 24, but with a shake powder and skim milk, it comes out to be 35.

I wonder what I will tolerate eating and how that will impact my mental state! I do miss mexican food, Pasta, etc. I will say I did have a few chips with fresh tomatoe salsa on Friday, i just could not resist. I felt no problems. Do you think I did any damage?? I grinded the chips up in small bites, but it was a snack which I am not to be doing.

Have you been getting in your Water? Maybe that will help with your weight loss. I know this is harder for me, not sure why, I am famiiar with drinking lots of water!

The weekend is almost over and hopefully the week is more structured for both of us!! When is your next fill? I read so many differences from one week after surgery to 8 weeks? I go back to the doctor July 3 at which time they will schedule it.

Gina Thanks for outlining your meals. I think it helps to do that. You are not having problems with Pasta, bread or peanuts??

I don't usually eat bread - but when I do it is just small bites and the moist part. Only then after my restriction has lessen. I love bread -- and so wen we were at my girlfriends and my husband was RAVENING about it -- I tried a couple of small bits of his. :)

I have only had Pasta 2x (I use angel hair-which is extremely thin)-- I can't eat it the day I make it - but I take the left overs and mix with leftover sauce and refridg. Then when I have eaten it I add extra sauce making it saucey (sp?) and take small bites -and haven't had any issue.

Peanuts -- I buy Hubs - and eat one piece at a time and chew chew chew - and no issue. At the support group most eat nuts daily due to health benefits.

What Protein shake powder do you have that gives you that many grams? Mine is only 24, but with a shake powder and skim milk, it comes out to be 35.

First - everyday usually Breakfast --> I use the 42 gr IDS New whey liquid Protein Bullet's - it is 3.2 oz of Protein in liquid form - comes in fruit Punch (best flavor)- Grape - and Orange (second best flavor) (in a test tube look like container - virtually unbreakable.) I take one - empty it in a (empty) Water bottle and fill the tune up 2 x with Water and add to the bottle - so I get every drop out and dilutes it to my taste. They are expensive The Vitamin Shoppe. go to: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/...intsource=main or call them at 1-800-223-1216.

$29.99 for 12 of the 43 gram bullets -- week following surgery I use 2 a day. I put the 2 of them in a 16oz water bottle - add water to the top and drink a third at B-L-D.

I have a coupon -- that the website didn't recognize but I called them and they did honor it -- "Save $10 on any purchase of $50 or more" promo code VSC-3123 -- received it from my doctor's office - it also is a "Supplement and Grocery list for Gastric Bypass Patients." (Feel free to use it as well!)

Second - I bought these for the pre-op diet and was recommendation of my doctor's office-- I use Smart Forme powder (35gr) mixed with 20 oz water in my magic bullet - I make them up and keep in the refridge as need - tasted the best from all the ones I tried - and I don't have to buy milk for them. Check them out at: Bari-35 Shake Mixes - Each Easy-To-Mix Packet Makes 2-Plus Servings! - vanilla and chocolate Temp. Out Of Stock. Back Soon!

I also use EAS 42gr shakes pre-made - you can get at Sam's Club or Walmart. 17oz each.

I wonder what I will tolerate eating and how that will impact my mental state! I do miss mexican food, pasta, etc. I will say I did have a few chips with fresh tomatoe salsa on Friday, i just could not resist. I felt no problems. Do you think I did any damage?? I grinded the chips up in small bites, but it was a snack which I am not to be doing.

You have to just take it slow on trying stuff and as long as moderation - no big deal - better than feeling deprieved. You did NO DAMAGE.

Have you been getting in your water? Maybe that will help with your weight loss. I know this is harder for me, not sure why, I am famiiar with drinking lots of water!

I drink 64-96 oz daily = I love Crystal Light!

The weekend is almost over and hopefully the week is more structured for both of us!! When is your next fill? I read so many differences from one week after surgery to 8 weeks? I go back to the doctor July 3 at which time they will schedule it.

My fill is July 12 -- as of today I am at target for him of 2 lbs a week loss - so depending how I do from here on out till then will determin if he gives me one I guess.

YOU are doing GREAT!!!!! Keep up the great work!

Hugs!

Gina

Gina, Thanks for all the kind words and sharing.

My dh is at Walmart now, and he picked me up a package for the EAS shakes, but they are 17g? Is the 42g another type? that is all our walmart had, so I told him to get it. I will try. I have been drinking slim fast, and my soy which is 35g in my bullet with a weight watchers vanilla mix ( very good) but I need to up my Protein consistantly.

I just had my dinner over an hour, a cup of spaghetti and meat sauce, cut up. It was good, I feel full. No problems with it going down. I have been feeling hungry before meals over the past week, and I am eating real meals. Is that stirring up my hunger?? I liked it when I was not hungry...:)

I need to get my butt out and exercise...big time. This is a big problem of mine, I need to try harder.

Maybe I will have my first fill when you have your second!! :clap2:

Hope you are all doing ok!!! Haven't heard from you in a while... Happy 4th of July!!!

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to coordinate a meeting in the Virginia Beach area - for anyone interested.

Zannie - Janine - I am hope at the minimum the three of us can meet - while Janine is in town on business.

Zannie -- PM me if you are interested.

I will be at Port Warwick for a fill on 8/16 Thursday - :wacko: Hopefully you too??

Gina

I'll be at Support Group Thursday night 8/16, but am fill-free for a while having reached the point of perfect restriction.

:whoo:That's right, I said PERFECT RESTRICTION!:whoo:

My next "fill" visit is set for the night of September's support group. At it, Dr. T doesn't expect to do an adjustment, but just wants to make sure everything looks good before we change check-ups to the office location. WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I soooo love my Band! I'm down 71 of 190 lbs since surgery nearly 6 months ago. My energy level has sored, as has my stamina -- I feel great! (Well, aside from my life falling apart, which you can choose to read about or not at this thread. I don't know how into each other's sh...tuff we all want to be, especially if we're gonna meet! :heh: So I leave that up to y'all.)

I'd love to get together if we can all swing a time & will PM you now with my number. Let me know what the plans are -- I'm not familiar with VaBeach at all, but I'm up for a face-to-face!

Zannie

Zannie and Gina GREAT JOB on your weight loss!!! You are both doing so great, you are my inspiration.:clap2:

It seems as though my weight loss is slow. I can honeslty say that I have eaten bad things, such as sasla and chips( mostly baked) and some alcohol here and there. but over all I eat what I should and have been working out. I was hoping to get to the 200 mark by vacation August 25, but that won't happen.

Gina, good luck on your next fill! What number is this? I hopefully will have a fill on August 24 when I go to the doctor. My first fill was July31 and not so great experience, long story.

I hope we can all meet in September, that will be fun. I go to my first support group on Monday, August 13. It is in Richmond at St. Mary's Hospital, but it is still an hour away from home, which stinks! they have one specific for lapband and then one every week for all wl surgery.

Great you are at your zone Zannie, let me ask you both a question. there are many times I get a feeling in my throat like food is there, or after you vomit, I know gross, but that is how it feels. i cant get rid of it. A friend who was banded same date as me said maybe I am getting full with my last fill and I am over eating and that is causing the food to back up. What do you think?

Well, got to run to the gym!!! Take care.

I wish when you changed your ticker, it did not go back and change it for the previous months, that is strange! I lost 2lbs!! :whoo:

Great you are at your zone Zannie, let me ask you both a question. there are many times I get a feeling in my throat like food is there, or after you vomit, I know gross, but that is how it feels. i cant get rid of it. A friend who was banded same date as me said maybe I am getting full with my last fill and I am over eating and that is causing the food to back up. What do you think?

I think your friend is exactly right. That food stuck in your throat feeling is EXACTLY THAT!! I mean, if you're worried or uncomfortable or having reflux, go see your doc right away. You can stretch/dilate your pouch by repeatedly over eating. But if it is a mild feeling without any real pain, just discomfort that goes away within a 1/2 hour of eating... THAT'S FOOD!! You're full. Head Hunger is a bitch.

My suggestion is to serve yourself Bandster portions with measuring spoons!!! Be aware of what you are eating, and of how much!! Measure how much food it takes to feel content in addition to the appropriate Bandster portions. That info can absolutely help your dietician & doc!! And it keeps you in touch with what you're doing. I tried to "tune in" once a week to make sure I wasn't overeating, and when I was needing more than 1/3 cup of Protein at a meal, I'd call for a fill.

That was then....now with perfect restriction I have no need for food, no hunger at all, and a few bites is all it takes to satisfy me. For example, I now eat (& feel very satisfied with the portion size) 1/6 of a can of tuna mixed with mayo as a meal. With nothing else. Just 3 small fork fulls of tuna fill me up to contentment. Freakish, eh?!?!? But I'm lovin' it!!! :biggrin1: It took time to get here - don't torture yourself because it isn't overnight. We did not have bypass. They are "here" right off the operating table. We start out with no restriction at all & slowly find that sweet spot over time. This is the better way, I just know it. And you'll be here soon enough!! :wacko:

Suzanne, thanks for the explanation. I have been eating more than 1/4 cup of food, but I don't feel that "full" feeling all the time. I guess I may be fuller than my brain is saying and need to do what you said, measure and wait.

I don't have any pain with the food in my throat or vomit it up. it is just there. It sometimes goes away in an hour, sometimes not. After my surgery I had food get stuck, and I know how that feels. it hurts. Since, my fill that has not happened again.

do you measure your Soups the same way, or can you eat a cup if it is a cream broth kind of Soup? Like Fat Free mushroom or broccoli/cheese?

I am sure like you said, when eating just three bites, it is strange to have the feeling you are done!