Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Lived Through This Surgery, My Sister Didn't.

I am so sad for you! This truly touched me and thank you for sharing such a difficult thing to put into words

So sorry for your loss, thank you for sharing your sisters story, I will pray for you and your family.

I thought I would come in and update you all here. We have made it through the first set of Holidays without her. It was hard. It is still so hard. But-we're staying strong as a family and working through this together.

Thank you to all those thinking and praying for our family.

We still have no answers regarding what happened. We're told it will be 90days from the time of autopsy. Its been about 60 now.

Thinking of you

Thank you so much for keeping us all updated...We all really want the best for all of you as you deal with the loss of your sister.....

I think about you often and wonder how this is affecting your personal journey.....

All my good thoughts go out to you and your family...

Lyndsey, Wishing you a happy and healthy 2014 and that you receive information soon. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am grateful to find information about all outcomes so that people can make an informed choice.

Lynda

Thank you for the update. The holidays are the roughest to get through especially with children involved. I have often thought of you and your family. My thoughts and prayers continue as you are going through all of this. We are here for you!

Kelli/Beach Lover

So sorry for your loss. You are right, her voice needs to be heard. She was a beautiful young women. My thought and prayers are with you and your family.

Lyndsey, I'm so sorry for your loss. My family just went through Christmas #2 without my brother. I'd like to tell you it gets better, but..... I guess dealing with day to day does, but Holidays remain really tough. I sure hope you do get some answers with the autopsy. I always thought knowing the why would make it a little better. My brother died suddenly and unexpectedly and the autopsy (including full tox screen) could find no cause. It just made his death harder to accept. Again, I'm so sorry and thinking of you at this tough time.

So sorry to hear ya story it just brought tears to my eyes that is so sad I hope u her three children n husband is doing much better. N yes she was very beautiful and a angel. :). But u r doing so well on ya journey n i wish ya sister could have been next to u but God had different plans. Wow stay strong:):)

Thank you for sharing such a tragic time in your life with us. Such a beautiful girl. My heart breaks for her children and family. I am sorry for your loss. Stay strong for the little ones and keep that beautiful smile of hers alive by continuing to share memories of her with them.

I am so sorry for your loss!

I'm wondering what the bariatric surgeon dis that made it so difficult for her to get help?

Why didn't they try to convert her to rny or remove her stomach altogether if he couldn't fix it?

So many questions...

I will keep your family in my prayers

This is just scary, and heartbreaking. Im happy for your success story, but extremely sad that your sister is not here to share the journey. She absolutely lived by the phase " dying to be thin" this is not her fault, or the family's. Although you shared her story, Celebrate her life by you doing right by the surgery. Did you guys have the same doctor? This is definitely an eye opener. Keep us informed. You are in my heart.

Thank you all.

As for what he did to make it so hard for her to get help: long story short he decided that there was nothing wrong with her and it was all in her head, and because doctors work on the "good old boy" system, they stopped looking. Finally, someone found that there WAS indeed a problem and she was just in the beginning process to get it fixed, she just didn't make it long enough. Its really sad because we do have all the same doctors... everything was identical. Her surgery was just two weeks before mine. Its been a huge source of guilt and saddness for me because we should be on this journey together. I should have been celebrating these new SIZE EIGHT! jeans with my big sister.. but now I don't even Celebrate the milestones... its just another day...

As for how I am doing. I started at 255, got down to 150 new years day, and because I have started doing a 30 day ab challenge I am back to 152, but I think that 2 lbs is definatly lactic acid and fluids... because my abs hurt so bad!! But, I hope to tone up now that I am in my goal of size 8 jeans. I think I might actually get down to a size six before its all said and done because I wanted to get into the 130's for my weight, so I think if I loose that last 13 lbs to get to 139 that might drop me into a six. I am fine with that... I dont celebrate like I should, because I am so alone. It was just me and my sister. I have a husband, and wonderful parents (who watch everything I do like a hawk because they're scared to death that something is going to happen to me now) but my sister and I did this together... she is supposed to be here to do all this with me... I miss her.

I'm so sorry that your sister didn't get the help she needed. Thank you for being her voice and telling her story. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Edited by adaisyandarose