Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At The End Of The Day...

It hit me this morning that it doesn't matter how many people you have "supporting" you, at the end of the day, you travel this journey just like you came into this world...alone. No one really, truly understands what you go through each and everyday living a body that's holding you hostage. Quite honestly, this is the only place where I can really vent and speak my true mind. Pardon me while I have this moment.

Pity, party of one, your table is ready:(

I understand. I have a few supporters, but more that have said, just exercise and watch what you eat. If it were that easy I would have lost weight years ago! This board has helped me a lot! You can do this and deserve it! I just keep thinking, I'll show them! Hang in there, you have lots of support here!

Indeed. Some of us are lucky to have supportive people but you are right, at the end of the day, it is a unique journey, known only to ourselves.

Feel free to vent and the occasional pity party is allowed.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Hang in there!

Sending a hug your way. :)

Thanks guys! All of these doctor's appointments were really getting to me today. Found out I have to have a sleep study and chest X-Ray. You see a doctor, then expect more appointments after that, it seems. like it never ends.

Most people think it's so simple. You got surgery, you lost weight. That's why I laugh about it being "the easy way out" there is NOTHING easy about this. You might have been ready to make the change, you might have had no complications. But it is and will always be a lifelong battle. But you're right, no one will walk in your shoes or know what it's like to be in your head. And sometimes that makes it easier but sometimes it makes it harder. I liken it to addiction. It is a conscious effort that you have to put forth every single day in order to succeed. It's a long road, all uphill, and one can just hope that in the end... It was worth it.

Amen Luvzpitbullz! And there is NOTHING easy about living this life as an overweight person either.

Hi SandeeD. I feel ya. Some ppl closest to me aren't 100% on board. It's the usual: but you can just eat right, but it's so permanent, why not just get the band? I'm so used to being a people pleaser it is hard to do what I want without these ppl being my cheerleader. When I do what I intent to do, they will support me and hopefully reflect back and agree it was the best choice for ME.

My mom is one of those 50-75% supportive ppl. She has always struggled and had to focus on a diet. But she is overweight, though only 170 on a 5'2" frame. However, being 300+ lbs is a different creature.

I think this is where support groups will prove valuable. Sadly, there are none locally to me and those 45 minutes away are on my school nights. Missing my lab sciences, especially since I need the best grade possible to enter competitive RN programs, makes it a challenge.

Thank goodness for the forums. Perhaps you could even make real life friendships out of people you meet who are sleeved. Ya;ll could have dinner parties, serve surf and turf and not break the bank :)

Thanks guys! All of these doctor's appointments were really getting to me today. Found out I have to have a sleep study and chest X-Ray. You see a doctor, then expect more appointments after that, it seems. like it never ends.

How far are you from Cape May btw?

Sorry the preop list is getting longer. Here's the upside. You will have a more thorough check up of your health than most people get. Either you will have the peace of mind that you are fluffy but in otherwise good health, or you will find there was underlying silent health issues that you are fortunate enough to be able to address now and improve your health even more!

Try to find the positive. Each test is one step closer to a healthier, thinner, more energetic SandeeD :)

Thanks again guys! If I didn't have this board I don't know what I would do. Most people like my mom, sister, etc. probably get tired of me talking about my journey and everything that I have to do, but this place right here...everyone understands and is going through the same thing, so it's comforting for me. I've just had a bad few days. Had a minor fender bender with my car, worried about my insurance covering all of the pre-op, have to change insurance companies before submitting for approval because my current plan will be canceled because it doesn't fit into the new healthcare laws. And we all know that the new health insurance program is all backed up because of computer glitches. I'm trying to stay positive but it gets difficult at times.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I am blessed to have a family that supports me and is excited for me, but they truly do not understand what it is like to carry around the extra weight, to be held back by it, and to have the shame and embarrassment attached to the way you look and feel. This site has been a god send to me, people here truly understand what it FEELS like to be obese, to go through a major life change such as surgery, and to spend the rest of our lives working to make sure it doesn't happen again. It's a daunting journey, but feel happy knowing people are here to support you, lift you up, and help you a long the way!

How far are you from Cape May btw? Sorry the preop list is getting longer. Here's the upside. You will have a more thorough check up of your health than most people get. Either you will have the peace of mind that you are fluffy but in otherwise good health, or you will find there was underlying silent health issues that you are fortunate enough to be able to address now and improve your health even more! Try to find the positive. Each test is one step closer to a healthier, thinner, more energetic SandeeD :)

Hi Thick, I live in Lindenwold, closest to Stratford and Voorhees.

Thanks again guys! If I didn't have this board I don't know what I would do. Most people like my mom, sister, etc. probably get tired of me talking about my journey and everything that I have to do, but this place right here...everyone understands and is going through the same thing, so it's comforting for me. I've just had a bad few days. Had a minor fender bender with my car, worried about my insurance covering all of the pre-op, have to change insurance companies before submitting for approval because my current plan will be canceled because it doesn't fit into the new healthcare laws. And we all know that the new health insurance program is all backed up because of computer glitches. I'm trying to stay positive but it gets difficult at times.

Fender benders are definately a stressful addition to our lives.

Will you be losing insurance or changing insurance? When does that happen? If it's Jan 1st could you bump surgery to before then?

Sorry you are having a rough time. I know how it is and understand the whole you come into this world alone crap. I have found that I had 5 people out of about 20 support me throughout my journey so far. After surgery I lost 4 friends already from jealousy of me losing weight while their diets tanked... It made me so depressed because my point of view was we can lose together, we can hit the gym together, we can eat healthy together, give advice, and support each other. I didn't see it as a competition as to who got there first.. I just wanted to be healthy and for my friends to be healthy. I would also say about 5 of the people who didn't support me before surgery do now.. in fact some even want the surgery now they they see how well I am doing and my results.

You have to do this for you and no one else. Negative people have no room to be in your life and they WILL bring you down and make you feel like crap. Just keeping coming on here and get the positive encouragement that you need and deserve!