Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you get filled?

I went to my first post op appt. yesterday and my doctor said to come in at 6 weeks to get a fill and then every two weeks after that. I have read on some of the threads that you sometimes can not feel the full effect of your fill for up to 2 weeks. So I guess I am asking is every two weeks to much.

I just had my first fill on Wednesday and I felt it immediatly. Before the fill I was eating enough food to be equal to about 3 eggs. Now, 3 days after the fill I am eating 3 meals a day and the portion size of each meal is the size of 1 egg. I had .7 in my band and now I have 1.5.

I go back in 2 weeks for another fill.. Although I really dont think I need it right now.

My surgeon also asked me to come in for a fill 6 weeks after my surgery, but then he really didn't encourage me to come in until I really felt as though I needed it.

Heck, I'd LIKE to go every 2 weeks. I like a tight fill.

Funny, how different surgeons are.

I make an appointment when and if I am stalled or can see that I am able to consume too much at one sitting.

good luck with your fills.

As you can see from my signature, I've been pretty aggressive with my fills and my surgeon is all for it! Not to mention, I got some great advice from some very successful banders.

I think I FINALLY may have hit my sweet spot... I'm still on mushies for today and tomorrow and I feel kind of like I did right after surgery - only being able to get down a few spoonfuls before being full. I hope I'm not too tight but I'll give it a week... I always seem to losen up a week or two afterwards.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for all you replies. I love this website you can find so much info and if you cant find it you can always ask. I am looking forward to my first fill. I feel more and more hungry as the days go by and I am really looking forward to my first fill. Thanks again.

Dani-X

How do you define your sweet spot? Are you PB'ing at all? When you are tight like the way you like, what foods do you eat? Just curious because I am going for my first fill in a couple of weeks.

I would define my sweet spot as my hunger being turned off, where a very small amount of food would satiate me, and where I'm not PBing. I have PB'd in the past and they were all for reasons that were in my control... bites way too big, too fast, not chewed, etc.

We went to Ruth's Chris for dinner last week and I still had no problem with the filet... granted, I could only eat about 1/4 of it but it was just what I wanted.

If this is your first fill, you probably won't get your sweet spot on the first time. It may take a couple of fills (and maybe an unfill!) to get where you need and want to be. Some people prefer the fills every month but if you think you need one and you're doctor will do it... run with it!

Good luck and let us know!

My first doc had me come in for my first fill at six weeks. Then you had to wait six weeks for another fill. I always found a way to weasel myself in at about every 4-5 weeks. They wouldn't give me much of a fill and then even though I had NEVER experienced any restriction, my nurse told me I had stretched my pouch at six months. I was DEVISTATED!!! I switched docs to get a second opinion and not only had I NOT stretched my pouch, but he gave me a 1 cc fill in my 4 cc band and I have been at restriction ever since with absolutely no problems. I'm not sure how long my new doc makes you wait between fills because I was filled by him on Jan. 9th and even though I went back to see him March 5th, he asked me if I wanted another fill and I said absolutely not. It's amazing how different docs can be from eachother.