Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Stuck! Need a restart!

I was sleeved 15 months ago and immediately lost 70 lbs. Then nothing. I had a hiatal hernia repair at the same time. After the first week I was a normal standard case no problems.

I have not lost any weight for 10 months! I really need a reset button. I know I started eating carbs and although I still can't eat alot at one time I know the calories were there.

I could use some tips. I started a Liquid Protein diet today and will see where that takes me. I do take my Vitamins and for the most part don't consume more than1000-1200 calories daily.

Any information would be great!

Welcome, Carmsbiz!

If you post more of what you eat and how much the food guru's here are most helpful. I would ask about exercise because that is my and my fitness friends' particular emphasis. You can get going again! :)

Do you track? I find what keeps me both on track and motivated is keeping an accurate accounting of what I'm eating. I use My Fitness Pal.

Planning out meals always helps me also. I try and cook on the weekends and portion items for use later in the week.

Check out the Veterans forum. You may not be able to post, but you should be able to get alot of info from folks as far along as you.

Best of luck.

We may not be able to eat much at one time but we can eat too often which, in the long run, defeats the sleeve.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely check out the veterans forum AND get back to tracking. Do you count calories or weigh your food?

I try and stay in a range of calories 900-1100 daily, and meet my Protein and Water. I don't weigh my food anymore, but I do portion meals in 4 or 5oz. containers. That is typically what I can hold at a given time, though it does depend on what I'm having.

Even without shaving calories down you might see results just by shifting your diet back to basics. That's assuming you're kinda doing whatever you want right now.

It's easier than sort of "dieting" your way back onto track. So for a week, shift to a Protein heavy diet and resume shakes if you can. Push your Protein counts up high and don't worry about calories for this week. Fruits and veggies only after you've had protein, but try to get a few servings in a day.

I did this recently to reset and feel incredibly full and like I eat all day long. It nipped the carb monster and nighttime cravings in the bud.

From there transition back into lower calories, cutting slowly until you're at a place where you're losing pretty consistently. At that point up your carbs back up for energy and Fiber.

And without too much trouble, within a week or two you should be back at an easily maintainable diet that's well rounded and will keep you losing so you can finally reach your goal.

Good luck!

~Cheri

I am a yr and a half out of Bypass. I lost about 70 lbs in 10 months and stopped. I am happy where I am but would not mind losing 10-15 more. My problem is I have gotten careless and I like to drink w/ meals. A BIG NONO. I am trying to find pouch rules to restart. Any ideas. I am really going to get back on track and stopp drinking and eating.

Even without shaving calories down you might see results just by shifting your diet back to basics. That's assuming you're kinda doing whatever you want right now. It's easier than sort of "dieting" your way back onto track. So for a week, shift to a Protein heavy diet and resume shakes if you can. Push your Protein counts up high and don't worry about calories for this week. Fruits and veggies only after you've had protein, but try to get a few servings in a day. I did this recently to reset and feel incredibly full and like I eat all day long. It nipped the carb monster and nighttime cravings in the bud. From there transition back into lower calories, cutting slowly until you're at a place where you're losing pretty consistently. At that point up your carbs back up for energy and Fiber. And without too much trouble, within a week or two you should be back at an easily maintainable diet that's well rounded and will keep you losing so you can finally reach your goal. Good luck! ~Cheri

Thank you for this advice. I've fallen off the wagon and I need to get back on track. I think having a heavy protein diet might be just what I need.