Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

body temperature questions

I have lost about 87 pounds with this wonderful invention and am about 20lbs from my goal. I am however finding that my new body, without all its insulating fat, is COLD ALL THE TIME. Has anyone else experienced this problem and does it get better when your body adjusts.

I would appreciate anyone's experience or knowledge on the subject.

(ps, not anemic, already checked)

thanks

daniela

Oh my gosh....I am almost at my bandiversary and I am still cold. I went to Mexico for vacation last week and it was in the 80s and I was warm there. I think I may be destined to move to a warmer climate. I asked the doc and he said eventually our internal thermometer will adjust to the smaller us. I just hope it would hurry.

That's so interesting....I freeze all the time! I used to save on my heating bills in the winter because I could keep the heater at 63degrees and be OK. This winter I couldn't tolerate it below 70.

Let's hope it pays off in the summer with AC bills!

This is what worked for me.

It is called breathing.

Whenever I get cold, I breath deeply for a while. I don't overdo it and hyperventilate, but I find that taking in extra oxygen tend to warm me up. It takes a few weeks before the full effect is reached and it takes longer if you cater to the feeling of cold by raising the room temperature or putting on extra clothing.

Oh, and do not cross your arms in front of you. Keep the shoulders back and breath deeply in and then deeply out.

Some people use what they call the "four square breathing" regime. 4 seconds of breathing in (not a count of 4, but 4 seconds), hold it in for 4 seconds, 4 seconds of breathing out, 4 seconds and then start again.

Im constantly cold, i have heating on all day long and the rest of the family have to suffer sweating to death, i sit right up on the heating pipes and im still cold. I been banded 2 yrs and it hasnt got any better, just some thing im gonna have to learn to live with i think.

yep I think its normal and Im cold as well all the time,but its aslo great isnt it?:-))it just shows that we have lost a lot of weight!!!

Im also tired a lot,but Im willing to pay that price:-))

lets celebrate!!!!

It's great to hear that you all have had a cool down! One thing that I hate about being heavy is always being too warm and sweaty. I may actually enjoy the summer this year!

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one.

I actually live in a warm climate (fl) but the a/c is killing me. I can't wait for the summer, a/c has a harder time keeping up.

AnnieM- I was ALWAYS hot before too, I'm making the work building person nuts, I have been complaining that I'm hot for years, now I'm always muttering about how freezing it is.

I am currently on the pre-op diet of 2 shakes a day....and have been cold. But...the last couple of days I've been running hot & cold. Today for instance, it was about 80 outside and I was fine, but later I felt like I was running a temperature, but the thermometer didn't show one. Too young for the hot flash...is it related to the pre-op stuff? Help.... :girl_hug:

I'm cold all the time, too, but looking forward to what that means when it's 100 degrees-plus here in Texas this summer. Maybe this will be the first I can mow the lawn without huffin' and puffin' and nearly killing myself. Woohoo!