Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a food addict. I have some of these traits and find myself fearful that I will give in. I can not eat 1 piece of candy without taking another. candy is a slider food for me. I will grab nuts our foods that I see when I'm not hungry. today I forgot (yep, I forgot) I had eaten Breakfast and started eating some chili peanuts, knowing that I wasn't hungry. My excuse was that I had to eat before going to the office because I have a client at 1:00 and won't be able to get something to eat until after 3:30. That's total crap, I can take my lunch with me.....I can do paper work. So this is my addiction working for me. Gotta use my coping skills and stay on top of this. Just writing this brings tears to my eyes.......I AM AN ADDICT! :unsure:

I decided to create a thread with my ramblings so as not to hijack yours.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/287797-denial/

I was so a food addict. Thank God, three weeks out and now I just look to see what I have leftover in the fidge from the last meal I prepared and couldn't eat. Eating was an event to me in the past and being from the south...we eat about everything...happy, ...sad...celebration...funerals...doesn't matter. It is so nice today just to find something I can eat and then eat a half a cup or so and be ok. I am so excited for my future and to eat to live and not live to eat!!!

This thread is very long and I've been busy trying not to overdo it at work. Anyway... I absolutely love this thread for so many reasons.

It is very thought provoking and compassionate. I love how everyone can agree or disagree and nobody got ugly or got their feeling hurt or pissed anyone off. I, for one, do not need or want to be enabled. If I am all you have done is make my problem bigger. I think some people will post their fears or mistakes as a way of being accountable. What I can't stand (and won't read) are the posts where people brag about how they cheated and how great it was. Then accountability turns into a game of enabling fun... I don't think I could have made it through this surgery ordeal without all of the experience and knowledge that you all have shared. I appreciate people that make me think... with exception of the "fun" threads I mentioned above, the others , while annoying, have been helpful to me too. I read them, and all the enabling responses and I think to myself 'That will not be me. I will not put my health at risk then look for encouragement'. At only three weeks out I have a lot to whine about. But I'm sure not going to have a buger or a doughnut with my whine! ...rambling, sorry... anyway, great thread

I'm glad you found this thread again seela I was unsubscribed even though I started it:p

I'm not sure how everyone else has handled the week. But I must be honest and say the stress of losing contact with friends and groups here put a strain on my resolve...

I found I was nervous snacking.. I was feeling kinda lost.

Everyday life can throw a challenge at you..

Not so much the enabling side but the addiction side. It can sideswipe you at the oddest moments.

I dins that every single dang time I respond to any thread? I get I subscribed from it and have to re subscribe.

Yes, I totally agree. . I got used to some people and I'm having a hard time finding posts... it seams everyone is slowly finding their way back. It wad really hard dealing with the silence of this new site for a while. :)

Laura... it's been a hard week.

Dang, could your quote be part of it?

"I'm not sure how everyone else has handled the week. But I must be honest and say the stress of losing contact with friends and groups here put a strain on my resolve..."

I must need to Board formally known as VSG a lot.

Glad it is re-establishing... slowly...

It has been a hard week. Posted that I felt lost earlier in the week and feel I am only now getting to grips with the site and seeing familiar faces again. Didn't realise how much I rely on u all x

Well, I am so glad to have you in MY corner!!! I'd rather you beat up the other guy!! :P

I'm having serious doubts that you can even STRIKE an "innocent" pose!!!! B)