Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7.5 months out ... can I still loose more weight after a bad,bad month ?

Hi all,

I am about 7.5 months out, and I am a slow looser already. BUT this past month and a half has been hell for me personally. Need to short sale my house, boss is harassing me and I am having to make some MAJOR life decisions and changes, both personally, and professionally. Needless to say in the past month and a half, I have not followed the rules at all and I am up about 2.5 pounds.

I still have about 35 pounds to loose, is this still possible after such a bad month and a half? Can I continue to loose more with the help of the sleeve ? Has anyone been through this ? Has anyone come back and lost after such a long time off the eating guidelines ?

Any help, support or suggestions are welcome and needed

Thanks-

Hi all,

I am about 7.5 months out, and I am a slow looser already. BUT this past month and a half has been hell for me personally. Need to short sale my house, boss is harassing me and I am having to make some MAJOR life decisions and changes, both personally, and professionally. Needless to say in the past month and a half, I have not followed the rules at all and I am up about 2.5 pounds.

I still have about 35 pounds to loose, is this still possible after such a bad month and a half? Can I continue to loose more with the help of the sleeve ? Has anyone been through this ? Has anyone come back and lost after such a long time off the eating guidelines ?

Any help, support or suggestions are welcome and needed

Thanks-

Hey, I am 9 months out and have been on a stall for about a month and a half. But in that time I have droped a shirt size and pants size. So yes I am not loosing weight per say I am shrinking. I am also lifting and working out so it might be the growth in muscle making it seem I am not losing weight but really I a losing fat and gaining muscle.

Stalls are normal. Your body does it because its change and adjusting.

Also you need to get back on track go back to the basics. get the Protein and Water in and small meals every 3-4 hours. If you can get a workout in when you can. got to change things up.

Hang in there

I have been at the same weight for 2 months. I tell everyone I know how to maintain LOL. Husband has lung cancer and from the point I found out 5 weeks ago I have been eating all the wrong stuff. chips ice cream, whatever I could get my hands on. I gained 3 lbs and was very discouraged. This morning I weighed and broke another barrier 189 1/2, a lose of 3 1/2 lbs. the last time I was in the 180's was as a teen. I still have a lot of restriction and can only eat small amounts. We did not gain over night and it is not a race. Best of luck.

You can start losing anytime you want. Your sleeve doesn't have an expiration date. :-P It can be tricky though, finding out what combination of calories and exercise it takes to get back on track.

Check out the vet's forum. Several have had regain and successfully taken it off.

I am sorry you are going through a tough time. I think you do have something to Celebrate though. Assuming you truly ate poorly for a month and a half, a small gain of 2.5 lbs. really isn't bad.

While it has not happened to me, I imagine going back to the program basics; Protein first then veggies would be a good place to start over, coupled with some exercise. It can be done. You just have to decide to commit to it.

Go back to the basics, focus on each day and each meal. You can do this! :-)

Honey, you can still lose weight after a bad, bad year!

Your sleeve is still there and still works just fine. I had more than one stumble on my way to goal - I had two nine week stalls that lasted partly because I fell off the wagon. Once I get frustrated with a lack of results, it's easier for me to fall off track.

All you do is pick it up, go back to basics to kill those cravings and go back to plodding your way to goal. It's both challenging and simple, and it's one reason I still love my sleeve. I'm three years out and trying to shed my last seven pregnancy pounds. While it's frustrating to be trying to lose at all, it's so reassuring that all it takes to see loss again is eating plenty of Protein and staying away from the junk I shouldn't be eating. The mental work is the harder part - making the choice not to sabotage your own success.

Get it together and keep shooting for goal!

~Cheri