Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tall female sleevers...

My heaviest recorded weight was 375. My starting weight for surgery was 339 and I'm currently 268. My 4 month surgiversary is tomorrow so I'm interested to see where I'm at for the full 4 months out.

I'm more of an apple shape because I'm thick waisted. My doc never discussed a goal weight with me so we will see if he comes up with one at my 6 month follow up. For me personally my first goal is 199 to be in Onederland but I'm thinking my goal will be around 185. It's hard to say because who knows what my body will look like by then so I'm staying open minded.

Hi

I'm 5" 11' current weight is 245 I started this whole process weighing 280. I start my liquid diet next Thursday. My thoughts/worry is after being on liquid for a week I will prob go down to 235. My goal weight would be around 185. I would than really have 50 pounds to lose. Is this enough to have VS?!? I don't wanna be too skinny. I'm 37 had 3 kids and think a little meat looks better for the wrinkles. So what do u think?

Also I notice a lot of your stats are under 40 BMI soo have a lot of u gone to Mexico for VS?

I am 5'8". Current around 216 and bought a pair of size 10 Levi's today! They fit well in the stomach but are a lil too snug for my comfort in the legs. But I am only 2 1/2 wks post surgery so that's why I went with the 10s. My HW was 314 SW (approx can't remember for sure) 290s.

My PCP will be happy with under 200, surgeon wants 145-150, but my goal is 160-165. I think I will be too small in the 145-150 range. Even my PCP told me I am very compact because I have never looked like I weigh what I do, hence being over 200 and fitting into size 10s.

Hi Fellow Sleevers,

I am new to this site. I had my surgery on 3/24/14. I am 5'9. I set my goal at 155 but as I lose I will also see how I feel once I get closer in the range.

Hi everybody!

I am 5'11 and I currently weigh about 151 pounds. Before I started losing weight for pre-op I was 247 although I am fairly confident that was not actually my highest weight ( I avoided scales like the plague for a couple of years) I am so incredibly happy with where I am right now but a little piece of me wants to go to 146 just so that I can tell people I lost over a hundred pounds :P I know its stupid but I am a teenager so it comes with the job...

How are my tall ladies doing? I'm in the low 190s now and feeling good. I'm interested to see when I go to the doctor if I gained my inch in height back :)

My doctor said that because of my height, muscle, bone structure, etc, he doesn't think I'd like the way I'd look if I got lower than150. I thought the 140s seemed reasonable but now I'm not sure so I set new goals; visible hip bones, comfortable size 8 clothes, weight can be whatever suits those two goals.

My doctor said that because of my height, muscle, bone structure, etc, he doesn't think I'd like the way I'd look if I got lower than150. I thought the 140s seemed reasonable but now I'm not sure so I set new goals; visible hip bones, comfortable size 8 clothes, weight can be whatever suits those two goals.

That's true. I would be happy in a size 14 jean (I have a huge butt that is genetic and no matter what I do isn't going anywhere), maybe 12 if I'm lucky. I've made it to a comfortable almost loose 16. And I've replaced all of my clothing and have mediums, larges, and XL clothes so I can pay close attention to fluctuations and keep my maintenance under control when I'm out of the losing phase. I'm at the point now where I've started to see some wrinkling in my face since it's less full with the weight loss. I'm happy but I'm hoping it doesn't get too bad. I'm also a bit concerned about losing too much and if the losing will stop at some point. Funny how things change- 1st I was worried about this not working now I'm scared it won't stop.

HI ladies! I'm 5'8" and my surgery was March, 2013 - so 16 months out. I've been maintaining at 163 for well over a month. My original goal was 175 and a size 12. I'm now in a size 10 (a couple 8's) or medium. I may try to get to 155, but I'm really happy where I'm at now - I look really healthy and strong. I have very visible collar bones, breast bones and hip bones - but I'm still definitely pear shaped (small waist and bust, big hips). So when I say to my friends I'd like to lose another 10 pounds, they ask "where??!!" I've been working with a personal trainer 2x/week since September and it is making a huge difference in the shape of my body, and why I think the scale is not moving. I'm 45 and have some loose skin on my arms and thighs - none on my stomach or face/neck. I moisturize daily and really like the Aveno skin tightening cream, and am really hoping that in time it will tighten back up a little. By far, this surgery was the best decision I ever made!!

Glad this thread got bumped, I was just going to go searching for a tall ladies thread. I'm 6'1" and haven't been anywhere close to goal weight in so long that I have no idea what will be comfortable. I'm saying 175, just to have a goal for now but anything under 200 will be super exciting. Inspiring to read about all the success you all are having!

I'm so happy I saw this thread :) I'm 6'1 and just had my sleeve last week. Starting weight was 369 and my goal is 199. My Dr is great with that number as I'm big boned and playing college basketball at my fittest I was 195. Charts suggest 175-185 but I feel like that would be too thin for me. I guess my plan is to see how I feel when I get there. Good to know there are some 6'+ ladies on here :)

I had forgotten about this thread. Glad to see it resurface. I am 18 months post op. I am 6ft tall, was 171 pre Tummy Tuck. Had a tummy tuck, thigh lift on May 27, and now weighing between 163 and 165. I was hoping the tummy tuck would get me into a size 8, but I hold steady at. Size 10.

I had forgotten about this thread. Glad to see it resurface. I am 18 months post op. I am 6ft tall, was 171 pre Tummy Tuck. Had a tummy tuck, thigh lift on May 27, and now weighing between 163 and 165. I was hoping the tummy tuck would get me into a size 8, but I hold steady at. Size 10.

How are you doing post thigh lift? Was it inner thigh? I'm knowing I'm going to need that at the very least and wondering how recovery is. I've done no research yet.

I'm 18mo post WLS and steady at 185 lbs. I'm 5'11" and have large bones. My plastics are next week... LBL, BL/BA, AL, and neck lift. Can't wait to get rid of the extra skin! In a 12 in most pants, but some 10s fit.

How are you doing post thigh lift? Was it inner thigh? I'm knowing I'm going to need that at the very least and wondering how recovery is. I've done no research yet.

Still recovering. It's a difficult area to heal since it's constantly getting pulled with movement. It is inner thigh and the incision goes around my but tucks to the back. Inner thighs look much better. I'm not sure I would do it again because I hate the lengthy recuperation. The Tummy Tuck was much easier.