Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Weighed in at 197.4 this morning .. 10.5 weeks out, sleeved on 12.12.13

Wish I could eat whatever I like in small portions but I'm still very restricted due to hernia repair

Started at 260 in October 2013

Surgery weight around 236

Down a total of almost 63 pounds in 4 months (only 38 since surgery) Happy about that!!

Spin classes 2-3 times per week and occasional walking DVDs and squats

I really miss sushi rolls guys!! ):

Wishing everyone great success along this roller coaster ride of a sleeved life.

----

Weighed in at 196.6 this morning and have an appointment scheduled with my surgeon and NUT after work today. Hope they are happy with my progress thus far.

I still want sushi rolls, lol.

Happy Monday everyone!

I was sleeved on 12/10/2013 and am down 84 pounds. I average about 675 calories/day and exercise 4 or 5 days/week.

Aside from my ongoing Constipation, things are going very well.

Weighed in at 197.4 this morning .. 10.5 weeks out, sleeved on 12.12.13

Wish I could eat whatever I like in small portions but I'm still very restricted due to hernia repair

Started at 260 in October 2013

Surgery weight around 236

Down a total of almost 63 pounds in 4 months (only 38 since surgery) Happy about that!!

Spin classes 2-3 times per week and occasional walking DVDs and squats

I really miss sushi rolls guys!! ):

Wishing everyone great success along this roller coaster ride of a sleeved life.

----

Weighed in at 196.6 this morning and have an appointment scheduled with my surgeon and NUT after work today. Hope they are happy with my progress thus far.

I still want sushi rolls, lol.

Happy Monday everyone!

I've been having sashimi twice a week lately. Great source of Protein without a lot of calories and my sleeve seems to be ok with it.

Sashimi is my favorite as well. I literally could eat it every day. Don't even miss the rice and various goop...lol

I was sleeved on 12/10/2013 and am down 84 pounds. I average about 675 calories/day and exercise 4 or 5 days/week. Aside from my ongoing Constipation, things are going very well.

I have struggled with constipation as well. I've upped my Colace (OTC stool softener) to 100 mg twice a day. I try to work fat free Refried Beans into my diet, 1/4 c daily, that helps. My doc lets me use Miralax as needed (OTC too, but not good for folks with kidney issues so check w/doc first ).

I was sleeved 12/31/13. New year, new stomach, new me!!! Thus far I've lost 45#. Have 35# left to go. Feels weird to be looking in the mirror and feeling pride rather than disgust at what I see.

I am still on soft foods diet. I am craving Thai food something fierce, but I'm leery, as I just can't seem to tolerate spicy foods since surgery. That's a toughie for this Cajun girl raised on good ole N'Awlins Louisiana cooking! (Sigh)

How are you getting all that Protein?

I eat five times a day (9A, noon, 3P, 6P, and 9P), always 2-3 oz lean protein first. Sometimes I exchange one of those food intake opportunities for a Premier Protein shake.< /p>

O my gosh. Just wanted to share this. I was sitting at work and look down an saw I had cross my legs. I was amazed and looked at my coworker and said "look my legs are crossed." She had a blank look on her face and I told her this was a first for me in a long time. We had a NSV high five. Yeah for me.

Are any of you who consume about 600 calories feeling fuzzy headed? Is anyone else losing hair?

I work and I have sometimes felt fuzzy headed at work since the surgery. In the last few weeks I have also started losing hair. I've read the reasons why we lose hair, but does this bother anybody else? It seems that if we were eating healthy we should not be losing hair!

A friend of mine who counseled anorexics said that the symptoms I mentioned above are often felt by anorexics when they are starving themselves.

I also work out 3x a week. 25 mins on the tread mill - 1.5 miles, and a round of the weight machines.

In response I increased my calories to about 800-900 (mostly through protein- 4 oz per meal, but also through some healthy carbs). On the days I have some carbs I feel more clear headed.

<p>Are any of you who consume about 600 calories feeling fuzzy headed? Is anyone else losing hair? </p> <p> </p> <p>I work and I have sometimes felt fuzzy headed at work since the surgery. In the last few weeks I have also started losing hair. I've read the reasons why we lose hair, but does this bother anybody else? It seems that if we were eating healthy we should not be losing hair!</p> <p> </p> <p>A friend of mine who counseled anorexics said that the symptoms I mentioned above are often felt by anorexics when they are starving themselves.</p> <p> </p> <p>I also work out 3x a week. 25 mins on the tread mill - 1.5 miles, and a round of the weight machines.</p> <p> </p> <p>In response I increased my calories to about 800-900 (mostly through protein- 4 oz per meal, but also through some healthy carbs). On the days I have some carbs I feel more clear headed. </p>

I felt the exact same way! I'm a full time student so I need my brain! The problem is I really don't like white carbs so I get a lot of good carbs through whole wheat crackers and match that with a high Protein cheese. It has helped a lot. I haven't lost any hair. I'm sure if you keep upping your calories you'll stop losing hair. I've also heard frolic acid is good for prevention!! :)

<p>Are any of you who consume about 600 calories feeling fuzzy headed? Is anyone else losing hair?</p> <p> </p> <p>I work and I have sometimes felt fuzzy headed at work since the surgery. In the last few weeks I have also started losing hair. I've read the reasons why we lose hair, but does this bother anybody else? It seems that if we were eating healthy we should not be losing hair!</p> <p> </p> <p>A friend of mine who counseled anorexics said that the symptoms I mentioned above are often felt by anorexics when they are starving themselves.</p> <p> </p> <p>I also work out 3x a week. 25 mins on the tread mill - 1.5 miles, and a round of the weight machines.</p> <p> </p> <p>In response I increased my calories to about 800-900 (mostly through protein- 4 oz per meal, but also through some healthy carbs). On the days I have some carbs I feel more clear headed. </p>

I felt the exact same way! I'm a full time student so I need my brain! The problem is I really don't like white carbs so I get a lot of good carbs through whole wheat crackers and match that with a high Protein cheese. It has helped a lot. I haven't lost any hair. I'm sure if you keep upping your calories you'll stop losing hair. I've also heard frolic acid is good for prevention!! :)

Fostermama:

Thanks for the feedback. How many calories do you average a day? How many grams of carbs?

Sashimi is my favorite as well. I literally could eat it every day. Don't even miss the rice and various goop...lol

-

Saw my NUT yesterday and she says I have to check with her in a month and hopefully I can start cucumber rolled sashimi -- I can't wait!!!!!! Had a set back with some flounder a couple weeks ago that didn't Agree with me and caused some inflammation. I was fine eating salmon tuna and tilapia before that incident but for some reason those 2 tiny morsels of flounder did me in and forced me to start back on full liquids for a while. Now I'm super gassy after consuming anything which was not the case before the flounder ordeal. Doc suggested ultra tums 1000mg which helps some but not perfect

Are any of you who consume about 600 calories feeling fuzzy headed? Is anyone else losing hair?

I work and I have sometimes felt fuzzy headed at work since the surgery. In the last few weeks I have also started losing hair. I've read the reasons why we lose hair, but does this bother anybody else? It seems that if we were eating healthy we should not be losing hair!

A friend of mine who counseled anorexics said that the symptoms I mentioned above are often felt by anorexics when they are starving themselves.

I also work out 3x a week. 25 mins on the tread mill - 1.5 miles, and a round of the weight machines.

In response I increased my calories to about 800-900 (mostly through protein- 4 oz per meal, but also through some healthy carbs). On the days I have some carbs I feel more clear headed.

--------

These days I'm barely getting in 500 cals and scary to say probably only 50g of Protein which is too low for my doc office -- they want me at 65-80g. I'm coming over a setback After some flounder that did not sit well so started back on full liquids at 8 weeks out. I'm almost 11 weeks out now and have been doing ok with salmon and stewed meats. most of my Protein still comes from shakes blended with fage greek yogurt cause it takes way too long to eat any solids. Still recovering from hernia repair. Everything makes me gassy these days post flounder so I'm taking ultra tums as per my doc. I take spin classes 2-3x a week and have no idea where I get the energy from But it's a fun stress reliever.

I feel fuzzy only when I don't get enough Water like minimum 6-8 cups daily or more on spin class days.

Hope you feel better soon.

Fostermama:

Thanks for the feedback. How many calories do you average a day? How many grams of carbs?

I don't really count calories. I usually just focus on Protein which is a lot lower than most. I get around 50g or protein and around 30g of carbs. It seems to be working, sleeved 12/09/13 and went from 244 to 190! :) good luck! Hope you start feeling less fuzzy!

Hey VSG, You and I have the same surgery date and close to the same numbers...Keep up the good work!

VSG on 12/03/13. I'm down 60 pounds total, 43.7 of those pounds since surgery. Started my surgery process in a tight 26 and 2X/3X, now I comfortably fit in a 14/16 and size L.

attachicon.gif:

Same size L shirt at 5 weeks post-op vs. 10 weeks post-op:

attachicon.gif: