Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating capacity for males

I've been concerned about portion sizes too. I've read some women in the forums can only eat 4oz of food at a year or later out. That seems like serious restriction and I wonder if it would be miserable to only be able to eat that much at a time?

I need some advice I can eat a good amount just need help with how much how often , im in the gym hard right now but lacking Protein maybe getting in 75 grams ? What do you guys eat all day

Aaron....how many calories are you eating. I really like to go by percentages. My preffered is the 40/40/20. 40% Protein, 40% fat, 20% carbs. Works well for me. So if you're eating 1500 calories a day, that's 150g of protein, and about 7 g of fat and 75g of carbs.

I eat between 1500-2000 depending on what I'm doing that day. I run alot and on longer run days I always hit or exceed the 2000 mark.

I eat alot of lean turkey, fish (love tilapia), eggs, cheese, almonds, cottage cheese with strawberries, blueberries and Protein powder mixed in. Usually some asparagus or brocolli...although these days I just throw my greens into the vitamix and make green shakes.

I need some advice I can eat a good amount just need help with how much how often , im in the gym hard right now but lacking Protein maybe getting in 75 grams ? What do you guys eat all day

try eating 4-6 oz protein every 2-3 hours, pushing more for first and last meals of the day. This will be too much at a time unless you are past month 5-6. If before month 5-6, try for 3-4 oz of protein every 2-3 hours. I added the calories up once and they tend to fall between 2000-2200 daily when combined with the carbs and veggies. I actually prefer to eat 2-1 for carbs and Proteins for 2 meals a day. Steel oats mixed with Protein Powder is my favorite fuel for working out. I find 2-1 is optimal for delivering protein to the muscles and restoring glycogen stores for the next workout and to put on lean muscle. I try and carb up before and after working out. I do not track the numbers that closely, but if you are hitting the gym hard, neither will you need to. Just focus on some simple rules to guide nutrition in order to fuel your living and workout goals. The calories will take care of themselves. Fat amounts fall where they may, but I don't go out of my way to eat a certain amount of fat except when it comes to 5 g fish oil a day. I eat mostly lean protein and veggies in paleo format, so fat from food tends to be low. No dairy except what is found in Protein Shakes. No breads.minimal sugar (small amount in these energy squares I eat from nuts.com). I typically do not eat fruit, but sometimes will if it ends up in a salad (love pear and/of Apple salads with a small amount of feta and some walnuts) or my wife hands me something small like a raspberry. This way of eating may not work for some, but I like the energy I get from it and the insulin stability. Good solid energy all day.

Edited by Fiddleman

try eating 4-6 oz Protein every 2-3 hours, pushing more for first and last meals of the day. This will be too much at a time unless you are past month 5-6. If before month 5-6, try for 3-4 oz of protein every 2-3 hours.

I'm almost a year I have no problem eating 4-6 oz , I just felt like I was getting back into bad habits myself eating so much But as long as it's protein it's ok right

I'm almost a year I have no problem eating 4-6 oz , I just felt like I was getting back into bad habits myself eating so much But as long as it's Protein it's ok right

yes, it should be fine considering you are in the gym "hitting it hard." Try it out and see if you can maintain your weight and reduce body fat % eating that amount. It definitely works for me; in fact, I need to increase calories some to prevent losing. I am a bit surprised myself sometimes I can eat so much a day and maintain while still continuing to work on muscles and leaning out.

Edited by Fiddleman