Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nsv: here's hoping my clothes are too tight!

Yes you read that right. I've had to go through my closet and bag up suits. At least 3 huge black garbage bags full of them. I am on a biz trip now and we were trying on my smaller suits. After creating enough for one more garbage bag, my husband and I celebrated every time we found one that was still too TIGHT because I could at least save that and count on being able to wear it soon! How WEIRD is that??! In the old days I would have been so depressed that they were tight, but now they're my insurance that I don't have to go shop quite yet (unless it's for books, electronics, or gadgets, I HATE shopping).

Side note, my husband's life has changed too. My son and he were joking about getting hookers to come over while I was traveling. I reminded him that these days, his version of naughty was going to be ordering a pizza :-D It wouldn't be so funny if it weren't also true.

Anyway, happy about my clothes! What are your NSVs of things that might have made you sad but now make you happy?

Another for me is not eating cake. Would have made me sad, but now it makes me happy.

I went to visit my neighbor just now and she insisted I take a piece of candy with me. I tried to refuse but . . . anyway, I stuck it in my pocket, brought it home with me, and threw it straight in the trash. It didn't make me sad or upset at all - before surgery I would have had to throw candy in the trash and then pour soap on top of it to make sure I didn't fish it out of the trash later. And I would have been super sad to throw candy in the trash and not be able to eat it.

Yaaaay!!! That's exciting! I have always hated clothes shopping too, so I understand!! But it's very exciting that you got to throw out 3 bags of suits because they were too big!! OMG I cannot wait! I wore a skirt this morning that I've been able to wear...it was sooo loose that I don't think I'll be able to wear it again:) it's kinda a love/hate thing cuz I absolutely love it BUT the fact that it was so loose made me a happy gal!! Congrats again:):)

I LOVE your NSV.. I relate. I love to shop at the second hand stores and find too small clothes to shrink into. I NEVER would have dared do that in the past because deep down I knew I would fail :-(

My NSV that made me happy that USED to make me sad was walking my bike up a hill today. Last time I had a bike many years ago, I felt so defeated every time I had to walk it up a hill, but now it doesn't bother me at all, I just make a mental note of the point where I had to get off and try to get a little further next time. I'm happy even though I can't climb many hills on my bike.... that there isn't a hill out there I can't WALK up!

I went to visit my neighbor just now and she insisted I take a piece of candy with me. I tried to refuse but . . . anyway, I stuck it in my pocket, brought it home with me, and threw it straight in the trash. It didn't make me sad or upset at all - before surgery I would have had to throw candy in the trash and then pour soap on top of it to make sure I didn't fish it out of the trash later. And I would have been super sad to throw candy in the trash and not be able to eat it.

I still have to spray trashed food with windex when I'm in a "weak moment".

I'm out of closet-shopping range because I haven't been this small in 10 years and I have moved overseas since then so none of my thin clothes came with me. It's spring here so I just had to buy a bunch of summer clothes. I went to k-Mart and spent $165 on singlets, t-shirts, and shorts. Shorts! Right now I am a size 16 from bottom to top, which is also weird for me to be so proportional. Anyway I chose shorts with a drawstring and t-shirts are good for a few sizes so hopefully that's my clothes for the next 3-4 months. Right now it is all about getting the cheapest stuff that will work, and I'm so glad that I work in a very casual office. Even though I'm a manager the dress code is jeans and t-shirts. Target has one line of jeans that are $20 and I have been just buying the next size down every time I need them.

I'm out of closet-shopping range because I haven't been this small in 10 years and I have moved overseas since then so none of my thin clothes came with me. It's spring here so I just had to buy a bunch of summer clothes. I went to k-Mart and spent $165 on singlets, t-shirts, and shorts. Shorts! Right now I am a size 16 from bottom to top, which is also weird for me to be so proportional. Anyway I chose shorts with a drawstring and t-shirts are good for a few sizes so hopefully that's my clothes for the next 3-4 months. Right now it is all about getting the cheapest stuff that will work, and I'm so glad that I work in a very casual office. Even though I'm a manager the dress code is jeans and t-shirts. Target has one line of jeans that are $20 and I have been just buying the next size down every time I need them.

What's a singlet? I've only ever heard the uniforms that wrestlers wear referred to as a singlet,,,, but I'm assuming you're not taking up the sport. ;-)

What's a singlet? I've only ever heard the uniforms that wrestlers wear referred to as a singlet' date=',,, but I'm assuming you're not taking up the sport. ;-)[/quote']

A tank top. :)

Well unfortunately for me, instead of being happy, I've been sad. I have nothing that fits me right. My regular clothes are all too big so I went in my wardrobe closests in the basement & found I only saved my fancier stuff when I grew out of them years ago. I have such gorgeous sequined party dresses, which even if I do get into them again, we don't go anywhere. Can't afford to. That is also the reason I'm still wearing my pants which I have to keep pulling up (along with my underwear, since that's also slipping) because I only had 2 pairs of jeans I had saved when they didn't fit me anymore but now they're too big also. So I walk around constantly pulling up my pants & it's so uncomfortable. I'm afraid to go to the thrift store to buy clothes now because I've been reading that lots have a bed bug infestation. Just what I'd need....bring home clothes with bed bugs! Anyway, it's not a happy time for me either. I'm glad I'm losing weight, even if it is slowly but now it's a clothes issue. :(

Well unfortunately for me' date=' instead of being happy, I've been sad. I have nothing that fits me right. My regular clothes are all too big so I went in my wardrobe closests in the basement & found I only saved my fancier stuff when I grew out of them years ago. I have such gorgeous sequined party dresses, which even if I do get into them again, we don't go anywhere. Can't afford to. That is also the reason I'm still wearing my pants which I have to keep pulling up (along with my underwear, since that's also slipping) because I only had 2 pairs of jeans I had saved when they didn't fit me anymore but now they're too big also. So I walk around constantly pulling up my pants & it's so uncomfortable. I'm afraid to go to the thrift store to buy clothes now because I've been reading that lots have a bed bug infestation. Just what I'd need....bring home clothes with bed bugs! Anyway, it's not a happy time for me either. I'm glad I'm losing weight, even if it is slowly but now it's a clothes issue. :([/quote']

Just go to kmart or wal mart and get one pair of jeans that fit you a little on the tight side. You should find them for $25 or less. And get some new undies too. Makes so much difference.

Well unfortunately for me' date=' instead of being happy, I've been sad. I have nothing that fits me right. My regular clothes are all too big so I went in my wardrobe closests in the basement & found I only saved my fancier stuff when I grew out of them years ago. I have such gorgeous sequined party dresses, which even if I do get into them again, we don't go anywhere. Can't afford to. That is also the reason I'm still wearing my pants which I have to keep pulling up (along with my underwear, since that's also slipping) because I only had 2 pairs of jeans I had saved when they didn't fit me anymore but now they're too big also. So I walk around constantly pulling up my pants & it's so uncomfortable. I'm afraid to go to the thrift store to buy clothes now because I've been reading that lots have a bed bug infestation. Just what I'd need....bring home clothes with bed bugs! Anyway, it's not a happy time for me either. I'm glad I'm losing weight, even if it is slowly but now it's a clothes issue. :([/quote']

What sizes do you need? Maybe there's something on the clothing exchange?

I went shopping yesterday because my work pants are starting to get too lose. I drove my poor mother nuts. I'm like between sizes. I can fit a 16 but they just feel tight and I'm not used to that so it's uncomfortable for me. I did have a nsv at jcpenny though. I put on a pair of skinny jean, which is an absolute first for me bc I've just never felt confident enough to wear them. They fit!!! They were perfect!! I loved them!! I didn't buy anything else though. I just wasn't happy with the way anything looked. I ended up buying two pairs of shoes because shoes are always my go to. They always fit and never make me sad.

I went shopping yesterday because my work pants are starting to get too lose. I drove my poor mother nuts. I'm like between sizes. I can fit a 16 but they just feel tight and I'm not used to that so it's uncomfortable for me. I did have a nsv at jcpenny though. I put on a pair of skinny jean' date=' which is an absolute first for me bc I've just never felt confident enough to wear them. They fit!!! They were perfect!! I loved them!! I didn't buy anything else though. I just wasn't happy with the way anything looked. I ended up buying two pairs of shoes because shoes are always my go to. They always fit and never make me sad.[/quote']

So my shoes no longer fit either. They're not just too wide, they are also too big lengthwise. I think when this is all over, NOTHING I own in the way of clothing, underwear, belts, nor shoes will fit me. Very daunting.

Yay about the skinny jeans! I'm not there yet. Give yourself a week or two and the 16s will likely be too loose. :)

Pixie... Buy from the thrift store.. Seal the clothes in a plastic bag.. Drive straight to the laundromat, Launder the clothes and dry on high (don't worry about the jeans shrinking cuz you're getting skinny anyway!!!) put clothes into a new plastic bag.. Go home.. Enjoy your new clothes that don't have to be pulled up every five seconds!

Goodwill clothes are clean some still have store tags.

Sent from my iPhone using VST