Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Second fill I think I am too tight

I did liquids Wednesday and mushies yesterday today was the day where I started real foods. I cant eat anything without pain. Am I too tight or do I just need to stay on mushies for a day or too and see if it gets better?

Hello Ann. I was going through the same thing. The bad thing is that I was too tight for too long. I finally realized that it was time to call the doctor. Yesterday, he removed one cc I think. Although I don't have pain anymore, I feel like I can eat anything. I went from super restriction to no restriction at all. My plan is to set up an appointment for another fill for December 2. However, I'm going to ask my doctor to only put in one cc or less. He's very aggressive with his fills and I'm no longer going to allow him to make decisions for me. For example, the last fill I had on October 15, he put 3 cc. That took me way over the top and I had to go back to him twice. As a result, I lost 2 days of work! Not worth it at all! I learned my lesson. If you are having pain when attempting to eat, please call your doctor and have a slight unfill. Good luck and keep us posted.

Can you eat creamy Soups or soups with soft veggies? What foods are causing the problem?

Every thing even cottage cheese hurts.

Ann, I'm not a doctor, but I think you are too tight. Please call him.

I will but it will be Monday before I can do anything.

Sorry to ear that you have to wait. Just try to do liquids until then. Especially Water to keep yourself hydrated.

I will but it will be Monday before I can do anything.

Your surgeon's office should have a physician on call for all of the time the office is closed. I was advised to call the office and the answering service would page the doctor. I have done this only once in the 20 months since having my surgery. But the doctor gave me instructions on what I needed to do.

Your wellbeing should not wait until the office reopens on Monday. j/s

I hope you feel better fast...

Your surgeon's office should have a physician on call for all of the time the office is closed. I was advised to call the office and the answering service would page the doctor. I have done this only once in the 20 months since having my surgery. But the doctor gave me instructions on what I needed to do.

Your wellbeing should not wait until the office reopens on Monday. j/s

I hope you feel better fast...

I agree with this....that you should not have to wait. One of the things I love about my doctor, is that he is always reachable. The few times that I've emailed him at night or on a weekend, he responds (many times) within 1/2 hour. This is a big surgery, and no one should have to wait out a possible complication.

To help you out until Monday:

Drink something warm

Take some Tylenol

Eat mushies, if first bite bothers you drink something warm

Take very very very small bites

If you feel pressure don't take another bite, wait even get up and walk around

And personally I wait it out after I get a fill as long as I can get liquids down. I will still take too big of a bite or a second bite too soon. This will cause some pressure or even a little pain. But that's my fault, not the band.

Thank all you guys for everything. I was able to eat today. Very small amounts but none the less I ate.Chicken fingers lol. It is getting better as the day goes on so I think I will be ok . Not as bad at all as yesterday.