Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, my name is Sandra, and I live in the UK. I had my band on 23rd Oct 2013 (3 days ago). Everything went really well, apart from the sore shoulders afterwards, which seem to be easing up a bit today. I really enjoy reading everyone`s story, and have gotten a little bit of useful information and tips from here and there. Are most of you in the States? It seems like everybody`s post op diet differs, I am on Clear Liquids for 3 days, then onto Protein Shakes and Soups (no chunks) for 1 week, and then onto purees. My follow up visit is not for 6 weeks. Will keep you all updated with my progress :-)

Congrats and good luck! This site is pretty awesome! Great support and inspirations :)

You will find that every surgeon is different. I've even heard of people with no post op diet which I cant imagine. Just do what your surgeon tells you and you should do good.

My post op diet was very similar to yours. This is good since many have to endure weeks of clear fluids followed by creamy fluids.

HI johoops, for the clear, I was drinking mint tea (to help with the gas pain - also hot Water with a couple of drops of peppermint oil from Holland and Barratt) clear fruit juice, consommé and Bovril. Today I had a cream of vegetable Soup, which I passed through a sieve, for my lunch, and 200mls of slimfast for my supper ( fruit juice and/or tea for mid snacks) and this has actually made me feel quite satisfied. My gas pain has gone from being in both shoulders, to just the one, thankfully, I have read on here some people are having to endure it for weeks/months!

I feel the same way. I want to eat!!!! I am drinking crystal lite Water, Jello and broth. I want to chew something.

Hi all,

My name is Brenda, I had my surgery October 25 so Im on my 2nd day. All went well. Got one more day of clear liquids and the on to full and then soft. Been just a little sore in the port area but other then that pretty good..

Today is my last day of full liquids, tomorrow I can have purees, so I`ve stocked up on a few things and today I`m going to have a cooking fest, making a few different meals and stews, then I will blend them, and I have bought lots of small tupperware boxes, and I will measure out meals into them and then freeze them - looking forward to getting a few flavours in my mouth, not so bothered about not having something to chew.

Forgot to say, that since my op (5 days ago) I have lost just over 4.6lbs! Happy!

Well I was doing good....Where all the adhesive bandages was I blisterd bad...changing my shirt two times a day...it burns it stings and it itches.....Cant get a fill now until December 5th.....so not alot of restriction there...but hangiing in there working on changing my bad habits one at a time.....