Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hate hate hate veggies...HELP

I am 2 months post op and I absolutely hate veggies. Sure I have the occasional salads (lettuce sits fine with me) I like onions, potatos, tomatos and corn for the most part. Anything green, I've tried, even after my surgery and ended up vomiting. I need some advice because I've noticed my weightloss has stalled and I'm getting frustrated because I know it's because of my diet. Please help!

I am in the same boat! I like corn and green Beans, I can tolerate peas. Other than that, forget it! Especially salad, lettuce make me gag!!

okay this is how I hide them from my kids - you can add finely chopped carrots to say chili meat or taco meat - noway to tell. You can make beef stew with just taters/beef - but make a veggie fiesta and puree it. Carrots, onions, pepper, etc. Then its becomes the broth. Zucc's can be cooked up into this as well and you can make them into muffin's or bread. Search onlilne for hiding veggs - I like zucc/yellow squash in a bread crum/parm crust baked in the oven. Gotta try to get creative.

Have you tried juicing? That's the only way I get in enough veggies. Green juice is really good.

4 stalks of celery

2 handfulls of spinach

1 carrot

1/2 green apple

a thumb of fresh ginger

The ginger really gives it a nice zing. My kids even like it. And all the scraps from it can get composted or go to chickens if you have them.

I love veggies but I know I do not get the recommended 8 servings of fruit and veggies every day. I would juice the veggies and add sweet fruits like apples, pears, and strawberries to give it a much sweeter taste. If not, I use my Greens supplement every day!!!! I put 1 pack in my Water or my Protein shake and that equals 8 servings of fruit and veggies. It has 38 superfoods and herbs and tastes just like berries while giving me energy and daily detox. It can be mixed in anything from Water, to juice (low cal low sugar).

Check it out.

http://www.showstopperwraps.myitworks.com/shop/product/311/

I too am not a veggie lover. Really with the exception of potato and corn I do not eat any veggies. I really can't explain why but I just cant eat them. Basically in order to lose the weight I am taken extra Vitamin supplements to make up for what I lose with veggies and I also try to eat foods really high in fibre to help make up for the loss of veggies. I know it is not the perfect solution, but it is what works for me. When I was really big I didn't eat veggies and as I have gotten smaller I still don't.

I am not a veggie lover either. For the first time this summer I learned to eat green Beans. I buy only fresh ones, drizzle a little olive oil on them and a little salt and nuke them for 2 1/2 minutes on high and now I love them. I read some where it can take up to 10 times to try something before you like the taste of the food.< /span>

My other favorite is butternut squash. I buy the pre pealed cubes and use Splenda brown sugar and butter or coconut oil and cook it at 400 for about 30-60 minutes until it looks well done and crispy. It tastes really super. My grandson told his mother that my squash is better than hers because it is crispy and not smooth.

For potatoes, make mashed potatoes add some cheddar cheese and put in cup cake tins that you spray with cooking spray and make them crispy. They are really good. Yes I love well done things.

Other than salad, which I don't use dressing, I am not a veggie person at all.

Good luck with your veggies.

Have you tried juicing? That's the only way I get in enough veggies. Green juice is really good.

4 stalks of celery

2 handfulls of spinach

1 carrot

1/2 green apple

a thumb of fresh ginger

The ginger really gives it a nice zing. My kids even like it. And all the scraps from it can get composted or go to chickens if you have them.

I have thought about this, but you need to buy a special juicer, right?

I'm on juicer #2 since surgery. Right now I have a Breville. I did have a Hamilton Beach one, but it wore out (motor burnt) and didn't juice as well. Plus my left over scraps are much drier with the Breville and it does a better job on leafy greens.

I'm on juicer #2 since surgery. Right now I have a Breville. I did have a Hamilton Beach one, but it wore out (motor burnt) and didn't juice as well. Plus my left over scraps are much drier with the Breville and it does a better job on leafy greens.

I love my Breville.

I am seeing a repeat pattern of potato and corn. The two worse starches ever! Take both of them out of your diet, ASAP!

These are not healthy veggies. Potato and corn is what help get us so overweight. Basically, eat everything you never ate before.

Have you tried mashed califlower? Cook it well, mash it. Add some cream cheese and/or sour cream, salt and pepper. Or just melt a kraft silce of cheese on it.

Also, zucchini is good peeled and boiled until soft. Drain and add some butter (or butter spray) and salt and pepper.

Both of those are very mild and may sit well with you. Also low in calories.

Try doing veggies on the grill or griddle. The mere thought of brussels sprouts would make me heave. But charring them on the griddle with a little bacon totally changed the flavor. Boiling for many green things brings out the sulfur taste.