Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2007 Bandsters Excerise Challenge

Okay, I am going slow- my goal is to do at least 30 minutes of cardio 3 times per week. I have not exercised regularly in years, so this is a big step for me....:Bunny

The key to success is challenging yourself. 30 min 3 times a week is a great start. As time goes on, you can improve and push yourself. I was only able to start out at about 15 min 2 times per week. So the key is to START, no matter if its 1 time per week, or whatever, we will each improve as time goes on.

I've added you to our list!

I noticed you lost 3 pounds by your ticker - CONGRATS! Your doing so good, I'm a bit envious. :whoo:

I've added the newbies to our list - we're going to have a GREAT MARCH.

Hey, I've got an idea, how about an all out - kick some butt - major focuss - don't let up - Easter Challenge. We can all commit to give it our all until Easter - then we can see what % of weight we lost. By commiting ourselves, to 3 to 5 days a week of exercise, from today until Easter, I would be anxious to see how much % of weight we each lose. Whose up for it?

I have to get my fill - SOON. Tonight, not sure what in the world came over me, but I overdosed on girl scout Cookies :) . Now I'm in pain, my port area for overeating. hopefully, I've learned my lesson!

I am envious of you, losing 42 pounds!!!! That is so awesome!!!!!

I am up for a kick some butt challenge!!!

Count me in too! I was at a standstill a couple weeks ago and started the following excercise schedule (the gym is 20 miles from me!!).

Monday...walk 1 mile on neighbors airstrip runway.

Tuesday...water aerobics for 1 hour at the gym

Wednesday...1 mile on treadmill, 15 minutes on the bike, as long as I can stand on the eliptical (which isn't long!!) then weights...all at the gym.

Thursday...water aerobics for one hour at the gym

Friday...1 mile walking at the neighbors runway.

Right after I started this the weight just started falling off, went from a 16 pound loss to a 28 pound loss in a matter of 2 weeks! Can't say I'm addicted but it's great to have something working.

I also got my first fill (1.25 in a 4cc), am weighing my food and being careful with what I eat, takes longer to get hungry so guess it's working!

Good luck to everyone.....let the sweat fly!!!!!!!!

Today I'll be doing some walking outside. I have to go to court for talking on my cell phone while driving :faint: so I have to park about 10 blocks away to get to the courthouse. That's about 5 miles roundtrip probably in high heeled boots, that'll be fun!

Oh a NSV, my cousin and her husband came over last night and we were goofing around taking pictures, I can definetely tell I lost weight in my face it's weird!

Jacks that is great! You are doing so good. Keep it up!

Today a coworker brought in some Breakfast burritos, and I didn't have one (NSV for me)!!

Sunshine- I'm in for the challenge. Excited about starting! I'll be pushing myself to do my treadmill daily for the 45min walking and jogging. I want this to turn into a healthy habit. Last night I did 25 minutes...boo hiss...I'm a slacker.

Jacks that is great! You are doing so good. Keep it up!

Today a coworker brought in some Breakfast burritos, and I didn't have one (NSV for me)!!

Sunshine- I'm in for the challenge. Excited about starting! I'll be pushing myself to do my treadmill daily for the 45min walking and jogging. I want this to turn into a healthy habit. Last night I did 25 minutes...boo hiss...I'm a slacker.

I don't think that's being a slacker.....at least you got off your butt and stepped on the treadmill!! THere's a lady at the Water aerobics that is always apologizing for being slow....at least she's there! Just try and do a little longer the next time and you'll be a winner.

Count me in too! I was at a standstill a couple weeks ago and started the following excercise schedule (the gym is 20 miles from me!!).

Monday...walk 1 mile on neighbors airstrip runway.

Tuesday...water aerobics for 1 hour at the gym

Wednesday...1 mile on treadmill, 15 minutes on the bike, as long as I can stand on the eliptical (which isn't long!!) then weights...all at the gym.

Thursday...water aerobics for one hour at the gym

Friday...1 mile walking at the neighbors runway.

Right after I started this the weight just started falling off, went from a 16 pound loss to a 28 pound loss in a matter of 2 weeks! Can't say I'm addicted but it's great to have something working.

I also got my first fill (1.25 in a 4cc), am weighing my food and being careful with what I eat, takes longer to get hungry so guess it's working!

Good luck to everyone.....let the sweat fly!!!!!!!!

Are you feeling restriction?

Today I'll be doing some walking outside. I have to go to court for talking on my cell phone while driving :faint: so I have to park about 10 blocks away to get to the courthouse. That's about 5 miles roundtrip probably in high heeled boots, that'll be fun!

Oh a NSV, my cousin and her husband came over last night and we were goofing around taking pictures, I can definetely tell I lost weight in my face it's weird!

Where do you live??? I think the law is changing soon here in CA about the cell phones.

I would like to say there is no restriction....but, I wouldn't of been able to lose 30 some pounds this easily before band. So not sure if there is restriction or just fear of throwing up or pbing!!! I definitely do get hungry but not starving and not right after a meal. I just ate an eighth of a peice of banana bread out of habit and my chest is hurting so think I might be experiencing some restiction?!?!!?!?!?

Do you have restriction? I usually stop eating by 1 cup of food so there aren't any problems, how much can you eat before stopping?

Where do you live??? I think the law is changing soon here in CA about the cell phones.

I live in Connecticut. Here if it's a first time offense you just have to go to court and show a receipt for a hands-free headset and they throw out the charges. The next time it happens though you have to pay $200! So I will definetly be using the hands-free set now!

So I think I walked a lot more than 5 miles, because we went shopping across town, good thing I had my UGG boots in my car. I looked like a fool, but I didn't care. I didn't buy anything, but I found a pair of boots I might pick up next week.

So I did get my exercise in. Oh and today I ate some seafood pot pie, minus the pie part and a turkey burger with cheese. I have a "date" tonight so I'm saving my calories for wine since I didn't have any last night!

Hello everyone, I will catch up on post this weekend. I wanted to swing by and say so far I've gotten in 4 days of exercise this week. But to me the week is not over, have Saturday & Sunday too!

:faint: I was Banded on January 17, 07, day two out of the hospital I started walking 1 mile , Now I am up to 5 miles , I am also ridding my bike up to 5 miles , I have to admit I am not doing this everyday but I haope that I can get motivated to do it at least 4 to 5 times a week ...... Add me to the challenge I need all the support i can get

Priscilla

1/17/2007 Banded

2/20/2007 1st fill

5cc

VG 10cc Band

Dr. Larson West Palm Beach , FL

weight.png

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say how glad I am to be part of this exercise challenge. I was going to take today off from exercising, but felt like I really wanted (and needed) to exercise- THANK You for the motivation! Gigi

Hey everyone!

Last night, instead of going out on that "date" I went bowling with my cousin and husband again for 3 hours, and my butt is killing me!

Today I did a brisk 2 mile walk.

I have to work today, so 6 hours on my feet is going to be bad. Plus we are no longer allowed breaks and no drinks at our work station so my dad told me to bring a Protein drink in and sneak some sips in the bathroom (the only place where we can have peace and quiet for 30 seconds). We'll see how that goes. If I pass out, I pass out ha ha.

So tomorrow morning I'll do another 2 mile brisk walk and work for 7 hours same conditions. LOL. Being at work will help me lose weight!

I'd like to join the exercise challenge. I go to Curves at least 3 - 4 times a week depending on my work schedule. Last week I went 6 times. This week only twice but next week will be another story.

Smilliegal