Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ObamaCare Facts & Myths

OK, they nailed 2 out of 25? But, the obvious bias of the people providing the information is summed up in this one so called myth:

**Sigh**

I wasn't defending the entire site, I took 2 examples to try and prove my point, that just because a site has bias, doesn't mean that what it is saying is necessarily false. My point is that by knowing the bias, we can take it into account in filtering the information.

My point also was that some claims are so stupid, that regardless of the bias of the site, I can disregard them: Such as the ACA implanting RFID chips and Muslims being expempted. (both of which claims I heard on "Man on the Street" interviews on the way to work this morning.

Sorry if I was unclear.

I don't believe the government can provide cheaper and higher quality healthcare, period.

And now we know your bias. Doesn't mean that what you are saying is false, it simply means that I will not expect to hear anything from you that would contradict your bias.

I bet you voted for mitt Romney also.. I bet with all the facts you had about his misleading self didn't stop you for voting for him over Obama ... I'm just saying if 2 guys can't win there states it's a good sign all those fact from other websites where true .. Just because it's stuff u don't want to hear does not make it true ... I bet you still think Obama is a African

OK, they nailed 2 out of 25? But, the obvious bias of the people providing the information is summed up in this one so called myth:

"ObamaCare Myth: We Need Less Government

Your preference as to whether or not you appreciate the need for the Government that our founding fathers saw a need for is irrelevant when discussing ObamaCare. This is an issue of "do we need healthcare reform?" not "do we need more government?".

At this point in history, less government would mean undoing hundreds of years of progress and handing our country over to corporations. Regulations, laws and taxes are all very important to our every day lives. There is always room for reform and that is exactly what ObamaCare does."

"and handing our country over to corporations" Right out of the occupy wall street handbook? I don't believe the government can provide cheaper and higher quality healthcare, period.

The government IS NOT PROVIDING HEALTH CARE PERIOD. Have you read what the Affordable heath care REALLY MEAN?

If you have a JOB, and currently have insurance through your employer, you don't NEED ObamaCare.

Some people have HORRIBLE insurance WITH their employer that don't cover enough and have to currently pay HIGH premiums.

ObamaCare will help those people that are low income but under insured, and can't afford insurance, or their employer don't offer great insurance, NOW with ObamaCare they can purchase insurance based on their income.

Before Obamacare was implemented..if someone did not have any health insurance with an employer, and if they wanted to purchase insurance privately on their own....insurance companies would deny them for pre existing conditions --- such as weight loss surgery, many people have been turned down for Life Insurance IF THEY HAD A LAP BAND if they purchased private insurance, NOW if they purchase private insurance from the Market Place, they can't be denied Life Insurance for Pre- existing conditions, or medical insurance for pre existing conditions..

This is one of the many benefits of Obamacare, insurance companies can no longer discriminate against you if you wanted to purchase your own insurance from the "market place" from this website

https://www.healthcare.gov/

Did you know that insurance companies in the past has discriminated against people if you already had a Lap Band and wanted to purchase Life insurance? This is one of the many benefits of Obamacare IF you decide to purchase insurance from the Market Place.

Also think about --- every one in the US that owns a car MUST have Car insurance -- IT'S THE LAW, in the event you hit someone's car, or injure them.

Same should apply for healthcare -- many tax payers are sick and tired of picking up the tab from those who do not have insurance and use the ER as their healthcare and yes, tax payers have to pick up the tab. With Obamacare -- everyone WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY FOR THEIR OWN MEDICAL CARE OR BE FINED, and the fine will not be much under $100.

Many people say that ObamaCare will make their current insurance go up -- ObamaCare has nothing to with that, YOUR insurance is going up based on the cost of upkeep and higher hospitalizations, and medical issues,

ALSO if you have insurance from your Employer, Obamacare has nothing to do with that, your Employer dictates how much your insurance costs and what they will pay for -- not the insurance company or Obamacare.

I bet you voted for mitt Romney also.. I bet with all the facts you had about his misleading self didn't stop you for voting for him over Obama ... I'm just saying if 2 guys can't win there states it's a good sign all those fact from other websites where true .. Just because it's stuff u don't want to hear does not make it true ... I bet you still think Obama is a African

First, this string is about a website put up and promoted by pro Obamacare lemmings and not about my own political leanings. BTW-Thought you were a republican? RINO maybe?

Again, just because it's on the internet doesn't make it a fact. Use some common sense? There are a few truths sprinkled within the website but like I originally said, you have to take this website with a grain of salt just as you would from any biased website. That's all I'm saying.

OK NaNa, change the word provide to control. Happy now? Believe what you want about this huge boondoggle, we're all free(so far) to believe and speak out on any issue and I've said mine. But politically, I took my rose colored glasses off long ago.

OK NaNa, change the word provide to control. Happy now? Believe what you want about this huge boondoggle, we're all free(so far) to believe and speak out on any issue and I've said mine. But politically, I took my rose colored glasses off long ago.

Peace out! We will see how it plays out -- eventually for everyone! :D

I don't get involved in political debates EVER....but I stopped reading the first post when the writer used the wrong spelling of "their".

THERE

THEIR

THEY'RE

They have three separate meanings. Just saying. And that is the extent of my political opinion.

I don't get involved in political debates EVER....but I stopped reading the first post when the writer used the wrong spelling of "their".

THERE

THEIR

THEY'RE

They have three separate meanings. Just saying. And that is the extent of my political opinion.

I read through the "typo's" too...LOL...but the reason I posted this was because the "substance" was FACT, I ignore minor typo's, just as I have to decipher some posts here with horrible grammar...LOL..

I just appreciated the time and effort this blogger put out there to correct mis-information and correcting information regarding ObamaCare....

I don't get into politics either, I just hate people to get upset over incorrect information....does not mean I agree to it all...I was putting out the FACTS. ;)

nana, i noticed that the people that don't like your facts haven't posted their own. instead they've hid behind the "if it's on the internet...." meme.

obamacare will be as successful as social security and medicare in the years to come.

i love conservatives railing at the idea of personal responsibilty and each person getting coverage. of course we know they'd rail against poor people getting help to pay for medical coverage to make their lives less painful and happier. we knew too they'd be unhappy insurance companies couldn't turn down coverage and reject treatments in order to maintain their profits.

teapartiers failed again to stop obamacare with the shut down. when will they learn?

620to? proud liberal!

All I can say is do we really want the government handling one more thing that they will screw up?

Even their website is up and running, and it does not work. The people will be penalized if they do not have healthcare! It will be taken out of your taxes. That is not living in a free country.

And this is something to really ponder over: do you really want the government making life and death decisions on your Mother, Father, Aunt, Uncle, Grandmother, Grandfather, Son or Daughter. "Gee, we're sorry, we don't think she/he needs X treatment since they're gonna die anyways.

There was talk recently of delaying mammograms! But because everyone knows it's necessary, they retracted that. And they are exempt from this healthcare. That's why they were arguing about it. Mr Obama vetoed the bill to include them.

Gee I wonder why that is. Because they know they are screwing the American people!

nana, i noticed that the people that don't like your facts haven't posted their own. instead they've hid behind the "if it's on the internet...." meme.

obamacare will be as successful as social security and medicare in the years to come.

i love conservatives railing at the idea of personal responsibilty and each person getting coverage. of course we know they'd rail against poor people getting help to pay for medical coverage to make their lives less painful and happier. we knew too they'd be unhappy insurance companies couldn't turn down coverage and reject treatments in order to maintain their profits.

teapartiers failed again to stop obamacare with the shut down. when will they learn?

620to? proud liberal!

620, Facts?? I think it was quite obvious that her post was simply a regurgitation of someone else's opinion? There were a few facts such as the chip but for the most part it was mostly a forecast of what someone else hoped for ACA.

Here are a few facts for you:

1. The website and launch is a disaster.

2. Healthcare will cost a lot more than we were told.

3. Your crystal ball isn't any better than anyone else's.

4. Profit is not a pejorative.

All I can say is do we really want the government handling one more thing that they will screw up?

Even their website is up and running, and it does not work. The people will be penalized if they do not have healthcare! It will be taken out of your taxes. That is not living in a free country.

And this is something to really ponder over: do you really want the government making life and death decisions on your Mother, Father, Aunt, Uncle, Grandmother, Grandfather, Son or Daughter. "Gee, we're sorry, we don't think she/he needs X treatment since they're gonna die anyways.

There was talk recently of delaying mammograms! But because everyone knows it's necessary, they retracted that. And they are exempt from this healthcare. That's why they were arguing about it. Mr Obama vetoed the bill to include them.

Gee I wonder why that is. Because they know they are screwing the American people!

i have to laugh at the death panel theme. ditzy sarah palin didn't invent the death panel, the insurance companies did. you'd get the news in a letter or over the phone from an operator paid 30-40 k a year to tell you coverage denied, you had a pre existing condition or you reached the limit of your benefits because it was cutting into the profit margin of the insurance company.

you don't think unregulated insurance copanies come between you and what your dr. thinks is best for you based on their profit margin? you are living in strange paranoid world where your fellow citizens want you to die and corporations care whether you live or die. corporations only want more from you than they have to give back. obamacare removes the pre existing liitations the cap on coverage and bases what is covered on best practices not insurance companies profits.

yes, i want the gov't handling big jobs. i believe in america and americans. ask a senior if they want medicare or social security privatized the overwhelming majority say no way. why? because it works.

wow, IT problems on a huge roll out. it happens, it'll get fixed. no one is gettting hurt there is plenty of time to fix it. it's laughable that this is the lifeline the sinking anti obama forces cling to.

not free living in america because you need to take personal responsibility for your health care? i'll bet you rail at people getting food staps and unemployment and disability for not taking responsibility. yet running up astronomical hopital bills with no way to pay them and passing that cost on to everyone else is just a perk of being an american.

wanna see if obamacare will work? look at Massachusetts health care insurance reform law and their success. of course it depends on whether you gauge success as people being more healthy or corporations being unfetered.

depends on what you mean by not like. i mean does nemo really bother you, do goldfish really upset you? you might argue you like fish so much you refuse to eat them. i have complicated relationship with fish.