Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I'm done losing.

It does get discouraging. I've only lost 8 lbs since Christmas. Lost the rest since July surgery of last year. I have 18 lbs to go. I figure I've lost 65, down to a size 12 from a 22. I should be happy but I'm not totally. If I could freeze my weight at this the rest of my life I would be happy. But I sure want to get to 150 and a size 10. Anyone else stop loosing?:o

Do you feel that the amount you can eat now is drastically different from what you could eat a couple of months out? At two months I already feel a big difference in the amount I can eat, and I was never one of those who could only eat two tablespoons. I am still losing, although slowly, but I worry about this. I saw your post on another board, would you think about revising to the sleeve? I think about it, and might think more seriously about it if I stopped losing totally, but I don't really want to go through another surgery.

Do you feel that your food intake (calories) is low enough that if you didn't have the plication you would still be losing? My contention is that the plication slows our metabolism. While I do like the fact that it helps me limit my food intake, without the plication my weight loss is at a much faster pace at the same caloric intake (but of course keeping that low amount of calories is SO hard without the plication...catch-22).

That being said, I think you've done really well! I wish I was a size 12! Congrats on all the hard work and the journey thus far.

You had your plication removed? What kind of complications were you having?

Hep, i know exactly how u feel been there

When i had my plication i was the same way, lost only 20 pounds in 7 months, but i was hoping to loose more even if it was a couple pounds a month

But din't happen,Had to remove it do to complications,Hang in there watch what u eat ,and write it down it may help.Good luck

Yes, I can definitely eat a lot more than I could a couple months out. I also feel if I was eating like I am now and didn't have the plication I would be losing faster.

Yes, I would definitely consider revising to the sleeve just because I'm not sure if I'm going to have complications down the road because they don't know the long term effects of this surgery. Also, I would like my grehlin removed. I suppose if I don't have complications I won't revise unless I come into some more money where I could afford to have it done.

Yes, a size 12 is nice. I guess when you have a number in your hear its hard to be content when you haven't acheived it.

Do you feel that the amount you can eat now is drastically different from what you could eat a couple of months out? At two months I already feel a big difference in the amount I can eat, and I was never one of those who could only eat two tablespoons. I am still losing, although slowly, but I worry about this. I saw your post on another board, would you think about revising to the sleeve? I think about it, and might think more seriously about it if I stopped losing totally, but I don't really want to go through another surgery.

Do you feel that your food intake (calories) is low enough that if you didn't have the plication you would still be losing? My contention is that the plication slows our metabolism. While I do like the fact that it helps me limit my food intake, without the plication my weight loss is at a much faster pace at the same caloric intake (but of course keeping that low amount of calories is SO hard without the plication...catch-22).

That being said, I think you've done really well! I wish I was a size 12! Congrats on all the hard work and the journey thus far.

Yes, I can definitely eat a lot more than I could a couple months out. I also feel if I was eating like I am now and didn't have the plication I would be losing faster.

Yes, I would definitely consider revising to the sleeve just because I'm not sure if I'm going to have complications down the road because they don't know the long term effects of this surgery. Also, I would like my grehlin removed. I suppose if I don't have complications I won't revise unless I come into some more money where I could afford to have it done.

Yes, a size 12 is nice. I guess when you have a number in your hear its hard to be content when you haven't acheived it.

How are you doing? I hope you're feeling better today-hang in there!

Does anybody wonder why no one that works in bariatric weight loss has ever gotten one themselves?Also ,why will the doctors not encourage you to talk to the previous recipients of bariatric surgery?Is it bad for business?Far be it for any one to ever infer that medicine is ever less than transparent and willing to discuss all subject matter in an objective and perfectly honest format.I would never infer that the Hippocratic Oath has gone the route of the profit motive!I know that nobody is trying to see how much they can make by choosing to not disclose information -it has to be a choice based entirely not to confuse patients.After all,it is a well known fact that doctors never opt in their own best interest.Anything else is blasphemous and a thing that could not be tolerated at the alter of the multiple condo owners who have given up so much to only wish to relieve the temptation of patients being able to be tempted if allowed by having any money left that they may get themselves into some depraved pastime. So ,again,are the support groups covered by some lesser known sections of HIPPA(maybe Area 51)that protect the identity of those patients who have already had the procedures. I find it hard to believe that there has never even in the short history of the gastric sleeve been one person who regrets eating no more than meat alone the size of an egg as I was recently told by a nutritionist in an informational visit. I have noticed some obvious insensitivity of prospective that comes across not unlike Pavlovian canines until "the money" has been" put out of contention when the insurance companies are not involved.it crates the air of suspicion having been placed specifically upon the private prey ,aaaa,I meant to say private pay.

Does anybody wonder why no one that works in bariatric weight loss has ever gotten one themselves?Also ,why will the doctors not encourage you to talk to the previous recipients of bariatric surgery?Is it bad for business?Far be it for any one to ever infer that medicine is ever less than transparent and willing to discuss all subject matter in an objective and perfectly honest format.I would never infer that the Hippocratic Oath has gone the route of the profit motive!I know that nobody is trying to see how much they can make by choosing to not disclose information -it has to be a choice based entirely not to confuse patients.After all,it is a well known fact that doctors never opt in their own best interest.Anything else is blasphemous and a thing that could not be tolerated at the alter of the multiple condo owners who have given up so much to only wish to relieve the temptation of patients being able to be tempted if allowed by having any money left that they may get themselves into some depraved pastime. So ,again,are the support groups covered by some lesser known sections of HIPPA(maybe Area 51)that protect the identity of those patients who have already had the procedures. I find it hard to believe that there has never even in the short history of the gastric sleeve been one person who regrets eating no more than meat alone the size of an egg as I was recently told by a nutritionist in an informational visit. I have noticed some obvious insensitivity of prospective that comes across not unlike Pavlovian canines until "the money" has been" put out of contention when the insurance companies are not involved.it crates the air of suspicion having been placed specifically upon the private prey ,aaaa,I meant to say private pay.

Actually, My doctor has had bariatric surgery. That is one of the reasons I chose him..I figured having gone through it he at least understood the issues. In that aspect, I was very happy.

I lost 1 lb this week. Been waiting for over a month. It's ok. I'm getting used to the idea of not losing any more weight. Maybe it will happen. It really is ok though.

How are you doing? I hope you're feeling better today-hang in there!

I think a lot of it is - as we get closer to goal - our weight loss tends to slow down.

When I was first banded I went from 289 to 175 but it took me 2 years and 4 months.

The last 15 pounds took me about 6 months and I remember being so tight with my band

that I would vomit daily - that was no way to live! I'd rather be able to eat good,

healthy food and lose weight slowly than live like that again.

It's also important to remember that you have lost 81% of your EWL in 1 year. That

beats almost all the recorded data that I can find on plication patients! Remember

WLS is considered successful if you lose 50% of EWL and you are doing way better

than that. I never considered a "window of opportunity" for weight loss, I figured

that I will always be able to lose weight even if it's only 1 pound a month. :)

Hope things are going better for you.

Take care and KUP

I'm so confused reading all these post. I have been banded for three years and lost 93 pounds and it took me 3 years to get there. No I am not at my "goal weight." But who cares! Our life is about a journey, not a destination. I am alive, I no longer have high blood pressure, sleep apnea, pre diabetes, and depression. Remember WLS is a tool not a cure. We still have to work it everyday. Our lifestyle needs to change, this is not a diet. A Lifestyle Change!!!!! And it can be incredibly fun. So congratulations to everyone who has lost 60 or 30 or 20 or even 1 pound!!!! Now stop crying about your expectations not being met and go Celebrate and enjoy what you have accomplished....

Hi

I got lapband on dec 17 2011. I have lost 50lbs and now am now 117lbs (in 1 year). I don't think that I am losing anymore weight since I havn't lost weight in about 2 months. I hope to stay at this weight or else i will have to get a defill.