Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November surgeries?

This is an emotional week,even without complications. Just do as much as you can, and push thru...first 2wks are the toughest. Bleep trying to drink your Fluid softly, let the Water slide around then swallow ..fluids most mp. Good lick

Awww BJ I'm sorry to hear about the complications but u made it and ur on the other side of it all now! I can't even begin to imagine what ur thinking and feeling because I've had some "OMG what have I done to myself?!" moments and everything has gone pretty smooth for me. At this point I'm still not able to think about a day at a time...it's more like a sip at a time for me. I've found myself getting so frustrated at having to drink when my insides still feel so full that they could pop at any moment. But I remind myself this is the hardest part, this too shall pass, and anything worth having is worth fighting for. Idk about u, but I've kicked @ss to get to this point so there's no way I'm backing off now!! We got this...and someday it'll all be a distant memory because we'll have so many awesome memories from the new and improved life we worked so hard to get. Anyway, u guys are in my thoughts and prayers and remember ur not in this alone!!

-Smooches!! :)

hello my name is nikki and im new to the site im only 200 lbs but i have diabetes,high blood pressure,reflex,high cholesteroil and im looking forward to leaving most if not all my meds behind everyday it seems like it gets harder and harder for being sick,im just ready for a new start my surgery is set for this tuesday dec. 3 IM SO HAPPY

Hi Nikki, I had surgery 10 days ago for the very same reasons, plus had a hiatal hernia. Still not up to par, but you will not be sorry. I am so tired of taking all my meds and the risks of complications. Off 2 med already and will see my PCP physician to talk about the rest.

hello my name is nikki and im new to the site im only 200 lbs but i have diabetes,high blood pressure,reflex,high cholesteroil and im looking forward to leaving most if not all my meds behind everyday it seems like it gets harder and harder for being sick,im just ready for a new start my surgery is set for this tuesday dec. 3 IM SO HAPPY

Hey Nikki

I had the surgery for the exact same reasons but I was 229 pounds I had the surgery on November 19. I only went home testing my blood sugar and on my blood pressure medicine. I can truly say it was worth it. No complications so far thank God!!!!

Salita, it is so funny. I weighted 229 at beginning too and had surgery for the same reasons. At first I thought your post was mine. Lol we even had surgery on same day. WOW

Im 2 days shy of my 4 week post op. how is everyone doing?

im currently on soft foods, if i can chew it i dont do it. i get gas stuck in my pouch a lot after my first bite and it hurts so bad that i stop eating. im getting about 600 calories in a day and am so sick of Protein Drinks. having a hard time getting my Water in too. so busy feel like im running all over all day every day. im really hoping that after christmas things slow down.

Moly, I am 1 day shy of 4 weeks and am experiencing the very same problems. Nothing appeals to me, but I can still drink the Protein Shakes. I average the same calories and have such a hard time getting in Water. I really think we are normal, just like so many I have talked to. My one frustration is that I have not lost anything in 10 days. Not walking a lot because I wrenched my back on Thanksgiving and I guess that is contributing. Everyone says it gets better.

Sorry should say Moxy.

Thanks for posting judyr! makes me feel like im doing what i need to do.

i havent lost anything this week so maybe hit a baby plateau. lost ~20 the first 2 weeks now im stuck. I have been nursing 2 sick kids and a hubby who have had the intestinal bug from hell and im still on pain meds for a few more days. think i felt my internal stitches pop/disolve the other day, and a lot of my pain from my major incision went away. back to the gym for walking soon i hope! no way am i walking on these icy snow covered sidewalks :blink:

Many of us are all working through that first month! I am 4 weeks out from Rouen Y on Wed... Still can't reach that goal of 64 ozs of Fluid and 75-80 of protein! Decided to just do the best I can each day.. It must be working since each day is an improvement from the one before...eating most foods now as long as it is under 3 grams of fat and 5 grams sugar! Can barely tolerate those Protein Shakes but they do build up that needed Protein goal. I had a hernia repair also. A surprise has been how much of a habit I must of had as I want to reach for a liquid during my big 1/2 cup meal... Hormones have now stabilized as my mood swings are gone also.. " drink, walk, eat.. Drink , walk and eat again! Alarms on my cell go off all day! Off most meds.. BP, diabetes type 1 but much lower amount of insulin, GERD and lipids meds gone.. 26# but stalled all week with only 1.. Nurse said this is normal .. Thinking of you all !

Birthsjourney could have been written by me. Today is 4 weeks post op. Haven't lost anything in 10 days. Off 5 medications and also had a hiatal hernia repair. Can't get in the 64 oz of Water, but with the help of shakes, I meet my Protein goal. Not getting the walking in that much since I wrenched my back on Thanksgiving. Every day I do a little more. The better I feel, the more I do and the more I do, the more it hurts. Vicious cycle. Went to lunch with girlfriends yesterday. Had 3 kinds of Soup broths. Today I am meeting up with friends who I sew with every Tuesday. Not sewing, just visiting. Getting out more and more.

Judy.. I hear you! Lol. Glad u can get the Proteins in.. I am still struggling with that.. Can't get it by real food since you can't eat much.. Gotta drink an Isopure daily .. 40 grams in a bottle .. Apple melon isn't bad tasting

Moxy: I am stalled now also.. Doctor says it's normal about this point.. Bet your urine ketosis strip is no longer dark purple either.. Still dropping inches though ????. Weight will follow again soon I am sure

My roun Y was almost 6 weeks ago ( nov 18th) doing great.. Dropped 32 so far but I had that dreaded 2 week stall you here about .. But it has stabilized now! Love looking a smaller size clothes and finding they fit! Love GNC lean shake in pumpkin spice flavor or their Quest Protein bars!