Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgeries!?!?!?

My surgery is Friday the 20th. I am so scared/nervous/anxious times ten. I feel like run away bride.... what the hell did I get my self into? Lol. Too late to turn back now. Just hold my breath and hope for the best. I'm hoping it is not worse than child birth. I did that twice... like a champ. That I can do. This... not to sure about. Can anyone answer... which is more painful this or child birth?

Don't be nervous, I had my surgery December 3rd and feeling pretty good hardly any pain. Honestly I when I had my son it was worst, child birth is worst n you have done it twice. This should be a piece of cake, of course follow instructions and walk often. Good luck

Had a really rough day at work. My boss has made this super hard on me, including asking me to postpone my surgery when i had it scheduled last month, and today He was just down right cruel. Criticizing my work, asking "what's wrong, too hungry? " Insinuating that my diet has made me incompetent. I cried for over two hours. He knows my surgery is on Friday. And that I am stressed and scared. I don't understand how he can be so mean.

That's harassment. Go talk to HR! What a jerk!

Wishing you all the best Kari Jo. Will be waiting to hear from you! God bless

This is what i just posted to my peeps on Facebook........Good morning folks! This is the "stellar patient" (was just called that), checking in. I am doing fabulous! Have a mild headache, but no actual belly pain...just really sore is all. I just did a quick kitty bath, got my morning labs drawn & all vitals taken. My BP is perfect @ 113/68. I rested off & on from midnight until 4:30AM, but am wide awake now. Haven't used any of my handy dandy pain meds since about midnight (dilaudid). Sometime after 7:30 I will go for a barium follow test. All is good in Seattle! Happy hump day!

Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill

, Seattle

Leaving for the Hospital in a bit. Glad to be doing this!!!

Good luck and it will be a change but one you will be ready for !

This is what i just posted to my peeps on Facebook........Good morning folks! This is the "stellar patient" (was just called that), checking in. I am doing fabulous! Have a mild headache, but no actual belly pain...just really sore is all. I just did a quick kitty bath, got my morning labs drawn & all vitals taken. My BP is perfect @ 113/68. I rested off & on from midnight until 4:30AM, but am wide awake now. Haven't used any of my handy dandy pain meds since about midnight (dilaudid). Sometime after 7:30 I will go for a barium follow test. All is good in Seattle! Happy hump day! Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill , Seattle

Congrats stellar patient love it!

A little about me, i'm 24, married but separated now. I have 3 little ones and I've battled my weight my entire life. I am still on my husbands insurance and we separated about 2 months ago. I've been going through the approval process for my surgery since August of this year. I had 3 pre - op appointments with my pcp and a nutritionist visit, consutltations, i had to do a psych eval, and that was pretty much it. I just found out 4 weeks ago that I was approved, had my pre op with the surgeon on December 3rd and was there scheduled for surgery for December 30th.

Me too! Dec 30th is coming fast! I'm having the sleeve...unless I wake up with a bypass which could happen. Guess we will see... lol

My surgery is dec 20 and the only thing that im worried about is sleepimg afterwards. I am a stomach sleeper. Anyone already had their surgery? How did you sleep after you went home? I've seen where people sleep sitting in recliners, some on their sides, some on their stomach..... help please

Hi iJackie...you're not going to want to sleep on your stomach afterwards. I had surgery on Dec 3rd and i just recently started sleeping on my stomach again, but I guess its up to how your feeling. Good luck on your surgery.

Hi iJackie...you're not going to want to sleep on your stomach afterwards. I had surgery on Dec 3rd and i just recently started sleeping on my stomach again, but I guess its up to how your feeling. Good luck on your surgery.

Thank you for your help & well wishes!

How did u sleep? Left side right side back

Hey Jackie I am mostly a side sleeper but found sleeping on my back more comfortable! You will get to sleep eventually on your stomach but I can tell you you will not want to do so after surgery!

Hey Jackie I am mostly a side sleeper but found sleeping on my back more comfortable! You will get to sleep eventually on your stomach but I can tell you you will not want to do so after surgery!

Oh ok cool I can deal with the back sleeping I dont think I can do my side lol

My surgery is dec 20 and the only thing that im worried about is sleepimg afterwards. I am a stomach sleeper. Anyone already had their surgery? How did you sleep after you went home? I've seen where people sleep sitting in recliners, some on their sides, some on their stomach..... help please

I had my surgery Dec 9th and I slept on my side. I am a side sleeper but if I were a stomach sleeper I probably could after a few days. Good luck, it will all work itself out.

Ijackie I slept in chair first night home. Then I moved to bed. I have not slept all night since surgery because I sleep on stomach too. I can sleep on right side but my left side is still hurts and my RNY surgery was Dec 11th. All I can tell you is take your meds, sip sip sip liquids and most of all do your walking