Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body rejecting chocolate.. call 911!

I just ate 1/2 a chocolate business card and I'm feeling really queazy. It's like the time someone convinced me to take a shot of Jaggermeister (can't stand the stuff and wonder why it's so popular.) It doesn't feel like a PB, more like I want to vomit.

Marketing people schmooze us all the time with goodies. This was my first chocate business card, so I had no choice other than to eat it... dial 911 - I threw half of it in the garbage. But as sick as my mind is, I took it out of the wrapper before throwing it away, just in case I decided to go fishing later.

There are 2 buckets of mini candy bars here all the time. I used to eat piles of them, but have completely avoided them since getting banded. But when someone brings the cutest pretty silver box wrapped in pretty bows, I just had to eat it.

Anyone else have problems with chocolate? DON'T THROW YOUR SHOES AT ME!

chocolate is my weekness

But since being banded I have not bingnedd on any..(except the 3 bites of brownie about a month ago) when the urge hits I keep blanace gold bars (triple chocolate chaos 15 grams of protein) handy they taste just like a candy bar and better for me..

Plus not to mention my brother sees a wekly nutritionalist and she told him 1 m&m has 4 calories and 1.5 grams of fat so every time I get the urge of chocolate I think of 1 m&m having 4 calories , it stops me right in my tracks~!

I do understand how the first time w/ chocolate since being banded tastes becasue I did stop at McDonalds on the way home from TJ last week when I got my fill since I was on liquids only and ordered a chocolate shake and it was SOOOOO sweet to me. It made me choke the first few slurps

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to faze me. I have a sugar-free chocolate pudding or ice cream bar about every day. However, I haven't tried regular chocolate yet. I was tempted by a Milky Way 2.05 oz. bar the other day in the grocery check out -- until I saw it had 260 calories! Wow! The pre-banded me wouldn't have even looked at that label.:)

I eat and love regular chocolate but am finding I do better without keeping an ample supply in my home. At the first hint of stress I run for the stash. LOL. Stash is now gone and not coming back. Just one day's worth at a time from now on. I'll have to try those gold balance things. Or something. I always allow myself enough extra calories to fit the regular choc. in but I am sure there are other similar products that are healthier. Sorry about the sickness fit Lisa. Its probably a good thing. Teresa

I have 3 to 8 little york peppermint patties daily.The package says low fat and they give me that dessert feeling after a meal or something to tide me over when working. I havent lost this week so maybe I should cut down on them. Sooooo sorry Lisa hope you are better noe!

So much for my band rejecting chocolate. Suddenly it's wide open and I'm eating like I did pre-band. I put all the weight on that I lost in August. All 8 pounds. Boy, this sure isn't as easy as it was when I first got the band. Why can't the good things last?

Originally posted by DeLarla

So much for my band rejecting chocolate. Suddenly it's wide open and I'm eating like I did pre-band. I put all the weight on that I lost in August. All 8 pounds. Boy, this sure isn't as easy as it was when I first got the band. Why can't the good things last?

They can, Lisa. Problem is, you have no port to put in a fill. :)

This is going to be a toughy. Only advise I can offer is that you try to continue eating like a bandster. I know - easier said than done.

My motivating factor is that I so do not want to re-gain what I have worked so hard to lose.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please take care of you and your band. You can do it!

Leatha

Lisa - Did you ever heal up from your previous surgery? I know you said it was getting better. Maybe soon, they can put a new port in for you and you will get some help.

Betty

Nope, still not healed from my port removal. It could take months before any doctor would even consider putting in a new port. All three surgeons agreed that I can't have a port till the area is back to pre-band. My problem is called a "Seroma." It's hard to explain, but it occurs when a foreign object is removed from the body and leaves a big empty space - a gap. And the empty cavity filles with serous Fluid. The Fluid wants to drain. It usually drains for awhile, then the the rest is absorbed by the body eventually. I'm just waiting for the thing to stop draining from the incision and start doing the internal thing. Then it will probably be a couple more months.

But fills worry me. I agree with Letha that I need to do this thing as if I have a band - because I DO have a band! Because even with people who get really tight fills, they can still eat too much and stretch their pouch.

I'm quite sure I stretched mine because I haven't been eating tiny amounts of food. But I started today on the right track. I had a yummy lunch prepared but I gave it a second thought and

actually dumped it in the trash. Then I got a tiny baby food container and filled it with tuna salad, grabbed some baby carrots and celery and that's what I'll have for lunch. Gotta always remember to eat like a baby. Tiny plates, tiny tiny tiny.

So at least I have my head in the right direction. If I can make it through one day, I'll be back on track.

My Bandaversary will be 4 months on September 5. From now on, I'm only posting my weight on the 5th of each month. This posting every day or every week is too upsy downsy for me, so I hope I can lose a pound or 2 by then to give me new hope!

I think that's a wise decision - not posting your weight daily. It'll make you crazy. (Cept, you've already told us you ARE crazy, so, well, I guess it'll make you craziER. :D )

Don't drive yourself nuts worrying about a stretched pouch. You're right. You can stretch your pouch, but it takes consistently packing your pouch to do that. Or, in some cases, an overfill will cause it to bulge over the band too.

I really wished you could get the seroma behind you. That has to be so frustrating. :)

Letha, La Madam just went for a fill. She went with her friend, who hasn't been banded very long, and Dr. Ortiz said her friend's pouch already showed signs of dilation. So this whole pouch-packing thing has me baffled. I never eat till I'm simply satisfied - I eat till I'm full. Heck, for the price I paid CASH for my band, an alarm should sound off and lights should flash when I've had enough food.

So if someone can show signs of stretching so early in the game, I'm thinking a bunch of us are putting too much in there.

There were huge arguments awhile back because a lot of people say you should only eat 1/2 cup of food per meal. I'm starting to wonder if that's really how we need to eat. I think I'll die right here, right now if I have to eat 1/2 cup of food. That's how much I drop on my shirt while scarfing the rest down.

Still laughing tho. Tell me people, is this too much:

B-fast: Protein shake with 1 cup nofat milk & whole small banana

lunch: 4 oz tuna salad, 6 baby carrots, 2 celery sticks & 2 pieces of cocktail bread (the kinda bread you make horsd'vors (sp?) on.

I know I have restriction left, because I'm stuffed. But come ON... that's one elf-sized lunch compared to how I used to eat.

Now dinner is another story - I have dinner issues with Portion Control.

Thanks guys for making me feel better. Mucho love to you.

Originally posted by DeLarla

Letha, La Madam just went for a fill. She went with her friend, who hasn't been banded very long, and Dr. Ortiz said her friend's pouch already showed signs of dilation. So this whole pouch-packing thing has me baffled. I never eat till I'm simply satisfied - I eat till I'm full. Heck, for the price I paid CASH for my band, an alarm should sound off and lights should flash when I've had enough food.

lol, i understand. and yes, i know all too well about pouch dilitation. :)

it really don't sound like you're eating too much for Breakfast and lunch. i have the same issues. :D we need a tighter fill.