Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes after WLS?...

hey everyone i am like 4 days post op the duodenal Switch there isnt much support groups out there for this because there arent alot of people who get the duodenal switches but its very similar to the RNY anyways i was just curious what premade Protein Drinks can i drink? i need to go to the store today and get some for these next 4 weeks that im on my stage 1 (full liquids) diet. i have to drink 2 of them day between my Breakfast and lunch and between my lunch and dinner... i should have asked the surgeon but i was so set on going home yesterday Friday that i forgot to ask any questions about what i can get until i can order some from off line... Also wondering a good website that has Protein Shakes that i can order from... Ive heard of Protein Powder that has no flavor and also heard of one thats like a cheese Soup or something/? i have lost all the posts on here that tell you this. id would definitely appreciate it if someone or a few someones could let me know any of this!!! THANKS ALL. AND PLZ NO BAD COMMENTS ABOUT THE SURGERY I CHOSE. THANKS AGAIN :)

hey everyone i am like 4 days post op the duodenal Switch there isnt much support groups out there for this because there arent alot of people who get the duodenal switches but its very similar to the RNY anyways i was just curious what premade Protein drinks can i drink? i need to go to the store today and get some for these next 4 weeks that im on my stage 1 (full liquids) diet. i have to drink 2 of them day between my breakfast and lunch and between my lunch and dinner... i should have asked the surgeon but i was so set on going home yesterday Friday that i forgot to ask any questions about what i can get until i can order some from off line... Also wondering a good website that has Protein shakes that i can order from... Ive heard of protein powder that has no flavor and also heard of one thats like a cheese Soup or something/? i have lost all the posts on here that tell you this. id would definitely appreciate it if someone or a few someones could let me know any of this!!! THANKS ALL. AND PLZ NO BAD COMMENTS ABOUT THE SURGERY I CHOSE. THANKS AGAIN :)

Miss Wifey 21,

Welcome to the other side , hope your recovery is quick

In answer to your questions my experience with protien shakes or protien in general is as follows .

1) vitacost.com is the site i get all of my supplied there. also vitacost brands are excellent , Delivery to The Philadelphia area is approx 4 day.

I buy the vanilla for my breakfast and lunch shakes . The unflavored protien comes in handy during the pureed and full foods phases. you can add it to almost anything.

4) I have added plain Greek yogurt to my shakes from day 1 ...18 Grams of protien is excellent . Just keep in mind your body can only absorb 30 grams of protien at one meal , so don't waste your money or effort try to get more that that at one time

2) G3 Gatorade is high in protien and is good later on for the pureed phase and everything after that ( My NUT recommended this )

3) My NUT recommended powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.com . I just have not tried there stuff but she raves about it.

4) The unflavored can be added to anything and i find it very useful in meeting my daily numbers .

5) the most important one is sugar free Popsicles to be more specific the Tropical flavored ones are off the hook AWESOME 15 calories a pieces . you will never look at Popsicles the same way again . They are also very helpful in fighting HEAD hunger . Also they do count towards you Fluid requirements .

6.) my personal experience is that all of the pre-made shakes are high in sugars or fats, I personally don't want to run the riisk of DUMPING . I have had several experiences with things getting stuck and that was enough for me . I would suggest you do what i have done get 2 shaker/blender bottles , They cost 5 buck a piece on Amazon , Leave one at work and bring a baggie of your protien mix to work with you . I always add vanilla protien powder & citricel orange flavored Fiber mix and blend ... instant creamcicle taste

Not sure if you are aware of this but add Fiber to your shakes , this will help to keep you regular , and that is very important .

I hope some of this helps . Its a tough choice we have made but trust me it is well worth it . I do suggest you contact your surgeon before you try anything anyone suggests on this forum ( including me ) .. no one here knows your case and you want to be sure it is reviewed.

Best of luck , I'm sure you will be awesome at rockin' the weight loss

Have a great day

RJ

Big fan of unflavored unjury... I put it Vitamin Water

Doesn't the G3 have 20 grams of sugar? Seems really high to me. I wouldn't dare drink it.

G3 Protein Recovery shake chocolate

There are 270 calories in a 1 Carton serving of Gatorade G3 Protein Recovery shake chocolate. Fat: 1.5g (Saturated Fat: 1g). Carbs: 45g (Fiber: 1g, Sugar 20). Protein: 20g.

Preop weight 389 current weight 333 lost to date 56lbs rny 6/11/13

Doesn't the G3 have 20 grams of sugar? Seems really high to me. I wouldn't dare drink it.

G3 Protein Recovery shake chocolate

There are 270 calories in a 1 Carton serving of Gatorade G3 Protein Recovery shake chocolate. Fat: 1.5g (Saturated Fat: 1g). Carbs: 45g (Fiber: 1g' date=' Sugar 20). Protein: 20g.

Preop weight 389 current weight 333 lost to date 56lbs rny 6/11/13[/quote']

Oh the chocolate and vanilla are way too much. i agree i would never touch them, actually forgot they existed. im takling about the berry flavored and i drink it over the course of the day at work. your right too much for one sitting. thanks for pointing that out. dont want to cause dumping in anyone

RJ

Oh the chocolate and vanilla are way too much. i agree i would never touch them' date=' actually forgot they existed. im takling about the berry flavored and i drink it over the course of the day at work. your right too much for one sitting. thanks for pointing that out. dont want to cause dumping in anyone

RJ[/quote']

Is it like a flavored Water or a thick drink?

Is it like a flavored Water or a thick drink?

its closer to a flavored water , you can see through it, I cut mine with cold Water its kinda sweet but no problems with it. only $1.59 at my local target.

Since i commute to work its all about being portable so between the G3, my protien powder shake and a luna lemon twist protien bar im set for each. 8 hour work day. I get. 55 grams of protien at work between the three during the course of the day.

if you include my breakfast and dinner i get close too 100 grams of Protien a day

RJ

its closer to a flavored Water ' date=' you can see through it, I cut mine with cold Water its kinda sweet but no problems with it. only 1.59 at my local target.

Since i commute to work its all about being portable so between the G3, my protien powder shake and a luna lemon twist protien bar im set for each. 8 hour work day. I get. 55 grams of protien at work between the three during the course of the day.

if you include my breakfast and dinner i get close too 100 grams of Protien a day

RJ[/quote']

Thanks. I will check it out.

Thanks so much for input I have a paper from what they gave me postoperative and the papers says Protein drinks with 20gram to 30grams of protein so I got these premade ones till I get to the GNC store near my house to buy the Isopure because that's what my surgeon and nut say are good ones they gave me a list of others but cannot find it anywhere :/ but I like the sound of the orange cream flavor mixing these I have been very regular since my surgery had bm the next morning after surgery anyways I will look into all of these thanks so much again. :)

hey everyone i am like 4 days post op the duodenal Switch there isnt much support groups out there for this because there arent alot of people who get the duodenal switches but its very similar to the RNY anyways i was just curious what premade Protein drinks can i drink? i need to go to the store today and get some for these next 4 weeks that im on my stage 1 (full liquids) diet. i have to drink 2 of them day between my breakfast and lunch and between my lunch and dinner... i should have asked the surgeon but i was so set on going home yesterday Friday that i forgot to ask any questions about what i can get until i can order some from off line... Also wondering a good website that has Protein shakes that i can order from... Ive heard of protein powder that has no flavor and also heard of one thats like a cheese Soup or something/? i have lost all the posts on here that tell you this. id would definitely appreciate it if someone or a few someones could let me know any of this!!! THANKS ALL. AND PLZ NO BAD COMMENTS ABOUT THE SURGERY I CHOSE. THANKS AGAIN :)

I drink the GNC lean shakes. I have tried many different powders, but do not really care for any of them.

I think you may mean G2 and it still has 5g per serving and 12 g per 20 oz bottle. I have been drinking them for months but will cut back on them post-op.

Rick

I drink the EAS carb advantage....they are at sams, they are 110 cal, 3 carbs and 17 protein..they come chocolate and vanilla...

I think you may mean G2 and it still has 5g per serving and 12 g per 20 oz bottle. I have been drinking them for months but will cut back on them post-op.

Rick

No i meant G3.....:-) its designed for retaining muscle mass. you dont want to lose muscle during this journey

I drink the EAS carb advantage....they are at sams' date=' they are 110 cal, 3 carbs and 17 Protein..they come chocolate and vanilla...[/quote']

How do they taste? always looking for alternate sources of protien.

I need a good vanilla shake. I'm getting so burnt out on chocolate. I have to choke one down every morning. I usually drink the eas carbadvantedge chocolate. I hate the vanilla. It's super sweet and has that awful fake vanilla taste. Can anyone recommend anything?? I do prefer a ready to drink vs powder unless it blends REALLY well.