Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Story the short version.

June 26th 2013 surgery day! I was so excited to feel better and become the healty person I want to be. At 3 wks post op I had been having pain on my left side ever since surgery. CT was done on June 20th that found my spleen to be bruised from surgery. I went home with pain meds and a follow up appt. Friday Auagust 2nd I woke up early in the morning in severe pain that I could not control. I called 911 and they rushed me in. Another ct was done and my surgeon determined I had a hole in my new stomach and I was in surgery again that afternoon. Its August 7 and just got word I have to be here atleast another week

I have been NPO for 6 days now so my stomach can heal. I'm a beginning to regret my decision to ever have the rny done or any surgery done at all I miss my children, husband and family. School starts next week and everything was put on hold for me. I will miss out on a lot of Firsts this week for our family which I can't stand

Please add me your prayers ♥

I am sending prayers your way. Keep your faith. Remember God does things for reasons we may not understand. He could have you in this position to get someone else attention. I know that none of this was in your plans but, I was told that if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans. Stay prayed up. Blessings coming your way.

Just a speed bump on your journey..my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I had a tough time with my surgery as well. I had surgery 3/14 and within a week I was back in the hospital. They found a leak where the old and new stomach met. Needless to say I was on tpn for 14 days, in the hospital for 16. Its very lonely in the hospital, especially when you have no roommate and people just didnt have time to really visit. I am now almost 5 months out. It was a hard few months after getting discharged. Around the 3 month mark I started feeling 100% better. The weight loss was slow due to the extra long stay, but I am on track and the surgeon is happy. Oh and as hard as it was with be complications and all after seeing what it has done for me I would absolutely go through it all again.

hang in there I know it's tough. Hope they get you out of there soon! :)

HW 229, SW 214, CW 160 RNY 3/14/13

June 26th 2013 surgery day! I was so excited to feel better and become the healty person I want to be. At 3 wks post op I had been having pain on my left side ever since surgery. CT was done on June 20th that found my spleen to be bruised from surgery. I went home with pain meds and a follow up appt. Friday Auagust 2nd I woke up early in the morning in severe pain that I could not control. I called 911 and they rushed me in. Another ct was done and my surgeon determined I had a hole in my new stomach and I was in surgery again that afternoon. Its August 7 and just got word I have to be here atleast another week

I have been NPO for 6 days now so my stomach can heal. I'm a beginning to regret my decision to ever have the rny done or any surgery done at all I miss my children' date=' husband and family. School starts next week and everything was put on hold for me. I will miss out on a lot of Firsts this week for our family which I can't stand

Please add me your prayers ♥[/quote']

Prayers...I'm so sorry this happened. Hoping you feel better soon.

Thank you all for the positive response. I am on day 10 being in the hospital and I am also on TPN for atleast 8 more weeks. I will do whatever it takes to get through this. God Bless You All!!

God bless you, I am sending prayers and hugs your way !

God bless you. Stay strong and just think when you come out of this and you are a down a ton of weight you will look back and KNOW it was worth it.

Thanks! It has been and continues to be the hardest thing I have been through. I hope I can start thinking positive about the weight loss but I'm just thankful to be alive right now. Hopefully some day soon I can stop the tube feedings but I'm not sure eating again is going to be the easiest either. I hope people are able to educate themselves about this surgery and make the right choice. Before I had my surgery there wasn't much talk about risks just the glory. If I knew what I know now and with what I'm going through I wouldn't have had the RNY or any at all. Thanks again for the words of encouragement.

Thanks! It has been and continues to be the hardest thing I have been through. I hope I can start thinking positive about the weight loss but I'm just thankful to be alive right now. Hopefully some day soon I can stop the tube feedings but I'm not sure eating again is going to be the easiest either. I hope people are able to educate themselves about this surgery and make the right choice. Before I had my surgery there wasn't much talk about risks just the glory. If I knew what I know now and with what I'm going through I wouldn't have had the RNY or any at all. Thanks again for the words of encouragement.

It is helpful that people like you have the courage to post..while most do not have complications, it's important for people to see the risks as well as benefits. I hope you are well.

I have been doing some research and lots of reading. Everything I see says a surgeon should avoid RNY surgery on someone with severe ulcers and if the doctor doesn't stop the surgery from happening someone should. Well I had no idea things were this bad or I would have never had the RNY I am just baffled that my surgeon did the RNY on me. Now look where I am and what I'm dealing with. Not just me my husband, kids and family. The people I did this for...

I have been doing some research and lots of reading. Everything I see says a surgeon should avoid RNY surgery on someone with severe ulcers and if the doctor doesn't stop the surgery from happening someone should. Well I had no idea things were this bad or I would have never had the RNY I am just baffled that my surgeon did the RNY on me. Now look where I am and what I'm dealing with. Not just me my husband' date=' kids and family. The people I did this for...[/quote']

I'd sue the bastard...but maybe I'm more vindictive than most.

I'd sue the bastard...but maybe I'm more vindictive than most.

Newsflash, you cannot sue them, they are covered, it is an elective surgery. All apologies this is a LOT MORE than a bump in the road. Thoughts and good vibes to you dear, godspeed!