Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG Whats that smell?!?!?!

Ok so I know everyone's poop stinks - but man oh man!!! Since my surgery the pooping is just plain nasty!!! I'm wondering if its the Iron I'm taking. Any one else have this problem?!

Yes it's terrible because its all the toxins that are cleaning out from your body , only last for a month

Well I am 13 months post op and still have the bad smell. Trust me I know my husband loves me - because any man that stays with his wife after those smells is a keeper. My poor dog who always sits with me while going to the bathroom has gotten up and left.

Now good news is that there is something that will help. It is a product called Devrom. It is an internal deodorant.

I am 3 months out from surgery and its still horrible!! And the matches only make it worse lol - tried that! And yeah - my hubby is the same way- he's definitely a keeper for the smells he's put up with lol!!

TMI alert!!! I prepared my husband for the smells before I had surgery and I'm a month post-op now. Incredibly, my poop never smells. I'm totally serious. I mean it smells a little, of course, but its nothing. I don't get it. Before surgery it was way grosser than it is now. I wonder why?

TMI alert!!! I prepared my husband for the smells before I had surgery and I'm a month post-op now. Incredibly' date=' my poop never smells. I'm totally serious. I mean it smells a little, of course, but its nothing. I don't get it. Before surgery it was way grosser than it is now. I wonder why?[/quote']

LOL please tell us what you're eating!

SD:8/21/13

Yes! Please share!! Cause this $***'s nasty!!! Lol

I still have the burn the hair' date=' make your eyeballs bleed gas!!! I'm 12 weeks out![/quote']

Yep still have that too! But the poo is the worst!! I feel so bad for anyone that walks into a bathroom behind me :-) lol

As far as smelly gas, zinc is your friend. You can find supplements at any store.

When it will go away is another question though. My mother had the RNY surgery over 10 years ago. To this day she still has horrible, horrible gas and when she does number two it is like death.

I hope that your situation gets better, but she has noticed some patterns. Her gas and her 'movements' smell worse when she has dairy or certain other foods. You may try food logging and cut out certain things at the same time. This will let you know if it is a trigger food; they can easily be avoided.

As far as smelly gas' date=' zinc is your friend. You can find supplements at any store.

When it will go away is another question though. My mother had the RNY surgery over 10 years ago. To this day she still has horrible, horrible gas and when she does number two it is like death.

I hope that your situation gets better, but she has noticed some patterns. Her gas and her 'movements' smell worse when she has dairy or certain other foods. You may try food logging and cut out certain things at the same time. This will let you know if it is a trigger food; they can easily be avoided.[/quote']

Thanks!! I'll try these suggestions!