Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September surgeries out there

My Multi Vitamins are gross. Chewing them makes me gag. I have to find better tasting ones. Which do you all use?

I have the Centrum chewables..orange...tastes blah

My Multi Vitamins are gross. Chewing them makes me gag. I have to find better tasting ones. Which do you all use?

We have 2 or 3 on our approved list, nothing OTC as in what you can find at drugstore/walmart etc. currently only taking 3 pills per day. :)

Best Vitamins ever are NutraMetrix Isotonix Multi (w or w/out iron) & Calcium complex. Drinkable!!!! They are isotonic when used/mixed with Water properly, approved by AMA, and have like 95%absorption....where as the OTC stuff is about 50 if u are lucky. You mix one capful with 2 oz water, and it makes this isotonic solution that is like taking it IV when you drink it....fully absorbed in 5 min on an empty stomach. Citrus flavor, not bad at all, to me. Added bonus, AM dose (one multi, one calc) is 4 oz liquid. I do another 2 caps of calcium at like 5 or 6pm. Been taking them since before surgery... They also have isotonic anti oxidants u can add, chgs flavors to berries, a b complex, microbiotics, etc. Great stuff. My starter kit was multi, calcium, antioxidant...i think...for about $139, but lasts 90 days. No worrying about timing, etc....except just to take right out of bed in AM. Google nutrametrix isotonix, or go to www.yourvitaminshere.com (i think). Also still taking anti nausea as needed...and a prevacid every day. I started taking a stool softener daily too as part of no Constipation regimen. After next week, @ 2 week post op mark, will add Iron chews once a day, and B12 shots 1x/mnth...or there is a nasal application or sublingual. Also will be on urso for either 6 weeks or 6 mos..that prevents/reduces chance of gallstones down the road.

I hate pills... So nutrametrix was a clear choice for me. As far as Protein powders....unjury is my fave, unflavored...and flavors. They also email recipes, etc pretty regularly.

So far so good all around. 9 days out, still getting in enough fluids, protein with no issues. First "full" or tight/crampy feeling was today.... tuna salad, but tried to squeeze in a wedge of laughing cow lite cheese....lol. Just a bit too much. Solved my "no more reeses" issue too...lol.... sugar free choc pudding, Unjury choc splendor, skim milk to make pudding... Then i swirl in 2T pnut butter. Texture way different, but the flavors are there. :)

Walked 45 min today. :) didnt feel like it, but made myself....and had more spark in me after i did it :)

I preread thru the transition class materials we got in advance..and there were links to medical alert Bracelet sites (& cute ones, even one just for wls!!!) ... Never occurred to me i may need one....no NSAIDS, SUGARS or blind tube insertions... Good idea. :) another one in there for clothes sharing club, etc. will find them and post. :)

This is prob the second best thing i have done for myself....no regrets...only hope and inspiration. :)

My nut recommended Flintstones Complete. I was shocked but as an avid Vitamin taker for years, I have also been pleasantly surprised!!

I was kinda embarrassed to list them on the medication list at the doctors office only to have many nurses and doctors say that they are about the best multi vitamin out there!!!

We have 2 or 3 on our approved list' date=' nothing OTC as in what you can find at drugstore/walmart etc. currently only taking 3 pills per day. :)

Best Vitamins ever are NutraMetrix Isotonix Multi (w or w/out iron) & Calcium complex. Drinkable!!!! They are isotonic when used/mixed with Water properly, approved by AMA, and have like 95%absorption....where as the OTC stuff is about 50 if u are lucky. You mix one capful with 2 oz water, and it makes this isotonic solution that is like taking it IV when you drink it....fully absorbed in 5 min on an empty stomach. Citrus flavor, not bad at all, to me. Added bonus, AM dose (one multi, one calc) is 4 oz liquid. I do another 2 caps of calcium at like 5 or 6pm. Been taking them since before surgery... They also have isotonic anti oxidants u can add, chgs flavors to berries, a b complex, microbiotics, etc. Great stuff. My starter kit was multi, calcium, antioxidant...i think...for about 139, but lasts 90 days. No worrying about timing, etc....except just to take right out of bed in AM. Google nutrametrix isotonix, or go to www.yourvitaminshere.com (i think). Also still taking anti nausea as needed...and a prevacid every day. I started taking a stool softener daily too as part of no Constipation regimen. After next week, @ 2 week post op mark, will add Iron chews once a day, and B12 shots 1x/mnth...or there is a nasal application or sublingual. Also will be on urso for either 6 weeks or 6 mos..that prevents/reduces chance of gallstones down the road.

I hate pills... So nutrametrix was a clear choice for me. As far as Protein powders....unjury is my fave, unflavored...and flavors. They also email recipes, etc pretty regularly.

So far so good all around. 9 days out, still getting in enough fluids, protein with no issues. First "full" or tight/crampy feeling was today.... tuna salad, but tried to squeeze in a wedge of laughing cow lite cheese....lol. Just a bit too much. Solved my "no more reeses" issue too...lol.... sugar free choc pudding, Unjury choc splendor, skim milk to make pudding... Then i swirl in 2T pnut butter. Texture way different, but the flavors are there. :)

Walked 45 min today. :) didnt feel like it, but made myself....and had more spark in me after i did it :)

I preread thru the transition class materials we got in advance..and there were links to medical alert Bracelet sites (& cute ones, even one just for wls!!!) ... Never occurred to me i may need one....no NSAIDS, SUGARS or blind tube insertions... Good idea. :) another one in there for clothes sharing club, etc. will find them and post. :)

This is prob the second best thing i have done for myself....no regrets...only hope and inspiration. :)[/quote']

Why no blind tube insertions? Mine said nothing about that

Why no blind tube insertions? Mine said nothing about that

I guess meanining emergency initibation, gastric drains or tubes...any tubes being inserted into esophagus, airway or gastric track that may damage or puncture the pouch. If they know its there (pouch) they are less apt to cause more damage just shoving it in there... If they assumed we have normal plumbing...that may happen?? Explained it on that site. Made sense. I know at my hospital, they even initibate (sp?) everyone using camera guides....was pretty cool (and nerve calming) when he was explaining how they do it.

My weight 'gain' was apparently just my scale being a bitch for a day. Back down now and actually lost 3 lbs this wk instead of gaining it. Woohoo

HW(9/3/13)- 284, DOS(9/11/13)-270, CW-254(10/02/13), GW-155(by 9/21/14...my 26th birthday!)

Intubation is perfectly fine and in fact if intubation is needed its always to keep you alive so thats something you never say no too. It means no blind ngs which is a nasogastric tube they will put in to decompress your stomach but with our tiny tummys its something they can't just do blind.

Intubation is perfectly fine and in fact if intubation is needed its always to keep you alive so thats something you never say no too. It means no blind ngs which is a nasogastric tube they will put in to decompress your stomach but with our tiny tummys its something they can't just do blind.

Yup...that was it...the NSG thing. Personally, hate all tubes inserted...freaky. Just never thought of a med alert Bracelet as a "may need".

I think the sugar or nsaids bit is a little dumb as if you can swallow or eat then you can tell them not to give you those things. The nsg tube could be done unconsciously but I just told my fiance and my mom about it.

My nut recommended Bariatric Fusion for all my vit and mineral needs. They haven't been around long but my doctor is a fan because there's a much higher compliance with these than when having 3 or 4 different types of pill to take. Plus, all his patients who are on it have perfect blood work even in the long run :)

I am having an allergic reaction to something not sure what. But my arms and stomach and chest are covered in red botches. Not sure why, I haven't been doing anything today but sitting here, haven't tried any new meds...this is freaking crazy.

I am having an allergic reaction to something not sure what. But my arms and stomach and chest are covered in red botches. Not sure why' date=' I haven't been doing anything today but sitting here, haven't tried any new meds...this is freaking crazy.[/quote']

Same thing happened to me last week. Still unsure as to what caused it. Had to get steroids from my surgeons office. Much better now. Just make sure you haven't tried any new soaps, detergents, foods or meds. Benadryl helps with the itching but I would definitely call my doctor.