Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September surgeries out there

Im starting to get bored with puree. I have tried puree grilled chix with BBQ Sauce helps alittle. Mashed Potatoes seems to be the only thing i like and helps me get full. Also the campbells on the go Soups help and cream soups. pre wt 249 surg wt 231.4 current wt 222.4 Goal wt 130

Mashed potatoes were doing well for me until I accidentally had some loaded mashed potatoes. It had imatation bacon in it! WONT DO THAT AGAIN!!! I'm reading labels now!

Im starting to get bored with puree. I have tried puree grilled chix with BBQ Sauce helps alittle. Mashed Potatoes seems to be the only thing i like and helps me get full. Also the campbells on the go Soups help and cream soups. pre wt 249 surg wt 231.4 current wt 222.4 Goal wt 130

Mashed potatoes were doing well for me until I accidentally had some loaded mashed potatoes. It had imatation bacon in it! WONT DO THAT AGAIN!!! I'm reading labels now!

Hi. I got lucky and my surgeon/NUT had me on pureed 2 days after surgery. The 1st in the hospital was oatmeal, and then some formed pureed chicken, peas and mashed taters for lunch. taters were good, mixed em in with the chicken, left the peas alone. I have been eating oatmeal for Fiber (helps to regulate the output, lol) -- with some Prot Pwdr mixed in, yogurt, pureed Soups (with extra PP mixed in), shakes (but not too many luckily), refried Beans with melted cheese, scrambled eggs with melted cheese, and very mushy/pureed chicken, egg and salmon salad. I also pureed some LF Turkey chili... Have also had 'fun' making 'super puddings'... sugar free pudding with Prot pwdr, milk and and add in if I can think of one. Best one yet-- Jello SF choc fudge pudding, Unjury choc splendor powder ---chocolatey goodness....and then swirl in a Tbsp of Peanut Butter when I eat it for an extra 7-8 g of Protein. I am not hungry, getting in about 60-70g a day... more like watching the clock and eating on cue. I get the mouth hunger though....haven't been tempted - tempted enough to cheat, but this AM I was thinking "I really would love something crunchy...." and "I want bread"... funny, a friend of mine had this 7 yrs ago...told me she had the mouth hunger/craving for crunchy....shoved a whole handful of doritos in her mounth, chewed it up, then spit them out, just to relieve it. LMAO. I am not there....yet. On another note, I found a company that makes comfort food type stuff, lo fat, lo sugar... out of dried ingredients, so when it arrives, it is in powder form. you add hot or cold Water, and they 'say' that it smells and tastes like the 'real food'....even tho it looks like pudding. I ordered a few things, so will let you know.... I ordered the higher protein 'entrees'....like mac& cheese, fiesta tacos, bbq with cornbread. I am both scared and excited to see how these are. LOL. Company is "Pure-a". I have my 2 week check up with surgeon tomorrow .... and 2 more weeks left on pureeds. I think I can make it. :-)

HW (Jan 2013) 231 SW (9/23/2013) 222 CW (10/6) 211 I am 5'1". :-) so far, so good.

Hi. I got lucky and my surgeon/NUT had me on pureed 2 days after surgery. The 1st in the hospital was oatmeal, and then some formed pureed chicken, peas and mashed taters for lunch. taters were good, mixed em in with the chicken, left the peas alone. I have been eating oatmeal for fiber (helps to regulate the output, lol) -- with some Prot Pwdr mixed in, yogurt, pureed Soups (with extra PP mixed in), shakes (but not too many luckily), refried Beans with melted cheese, scrambled eggs with melted cheese, and very mushy/pureed chicken, egg and salmon salad. I also pureed some LF Turkey chili... Have also had 'fun' making 'super puddings'... sugar free pudding with Prot pwdr, milk and and add in if I can think of one. Best one yet-- Jello SF choc fudge pudding, Unjury choc splendor powder ---chocolatey goodness....and then swirl in a Tbsp of Peanut Butter when I eat it for an extra 7-8 g of Protein. I am not hungry, getting in about 60-70g a day... more like watching the clock and eating on cue. I get the mouth hunger though....haven't been tempted - tempted enough to cheat, but this AM I was thinking "I really would love something crunchy...." and "I want bread"... funny, a friend of mine had this 7 yrs ago...told me she had the mouth hunger/craving for crunchy....shoved a whole handful of doritos in her mounth, chewed it up, then spit them out, just to relieve it. LMAO. I am not there....yet. On another note, I found a company that makes comfort food type stuff, lo fat, lo sugar... out of dried ingredients, so when it arrives, it is in powder form. you add hot or cold Water, and they 'say' that it smells and tastes like the 'real food'....even tho it looks like pudding. I ordered a few things, so will let you know.... I ordered the higher protein 'entrees'....like mac& cheese, fiesta tacos, bbq with cornbread. I am both scared and excited to see how these are. LOL. Company is "Pure-a". I have my 2 week check up with surgeon tomorrow .... and 2 more weeks left on pureeds. I think I can make it. :-)

HW (Jan 2013) 231 SW (9/23/2013) 222 CW (10/6) 211 I am 5'1". :-) so far, so good.

Do you have mouth boredom too?

The best things that I have fount is to purée Soup.< /p>

Not really...we got a pizza and I pureed the toppings off two slices...the meat sauce and cheese..was really good.

Do you have mouth boredom too?

The best things that I have fount is to purée Soup.< /p>

Not really...we got a pizza and I pureed the toppings off two slices...the meat sauce and cheese..was really good.

Hi. I got lucky and my surgeon/NUT had me on pureed 2 days after surgery. The 1st in the hospital was oatmeal' date=' and then some formed pureed chicken, peas and mashed taters for lunch. taters were good, mixed em in with the chicken, left the peas alone. I have been eating oatmeal for fiber (helps to regulate the output, lol) -- with some Prot Pwdr mixed in, yogurt, pureed Soups (with extra PP mixed in), shakes (but not too many luckily), refried Beans with melted cheese, scrambled eggs with melted cheese, and very mushy/pureed chicken, egg and salmon salad. I also pureed some LF Turkey chili... Have also had 'fun' making 'super puddings'... sugar free pudding with Prot pwdr, milk and and add in if I can think of one. Best one yet-- Jello SF choc fudge pudding, Unjury choc splendor powder ---chocolatey goodness....and then swirl in a Tbsp of Peanut Butter when I eat it for an extra 7-8 g of Protein. I am not hungry, getting in about 60-70g a day... more like watching the clock and eating on cue. I get the mouth hunger though....haven't been tempted - tempted enough to cheat, but this AM I was thinking "I really would love something crunchy...." and "I want bread"... funny, a friend of mine had this 7 yrs ago...told me she had the mouth hunger/craving for crunchy....shoved a whole handful of doritos in her mounth, chewed it up, then spit them out, just to relieve it. LMAO. I am not there....yet. On another note, I found a company that makes comfort food type stuff, lo fat, lo sugar... out of dried ingredients, so when it arrives, it is in powder form. you add hot or cold Water, and they 'say' that it smells and tastes like the 'real food'....even tho it looks like pudding. I ordered a few things, so will let you know.... I ordered the higher protein 'entrees'....like mac& cheese, fiesta tacos, bbq with cornbread. I am both scared and excited to see how these are. LOL. Company is "Pure-a". I have my 2 week check up with surgeon tomorrow .... and 2 more weeks left on pureeds. I think I can make it. :-)

HW (Jan 2013) 231 SW (9/23/2013) 222 CW (10/6) 211 I am 5'1". :-) so far, so good.[/quote']

Some chips would be nice...been thinking of licking one lol. I'm on pureed till the 15th then move to soft foods. I eat a lot of pureed chicken because it is high in protein. I rarely eat stuff without protein.

Hi. I got lucky and my surgeon/NUT had me on pureed 2 days after surgery. The 1st in the hospital was oatmeal' date=' and then some formed pureed chicken, peas and mashed taters for lunch. taters were good, mixed em in with the chicken, left the peas alone. I have been eating oatmeal for fiber (helps to regulate the output, lol) -- with some Prot Pwdr mixed in, yogurt, pureed Soups (with extra PP mixed in), shakes (but not too many luckily), refried Beans with melted cheese, scrambled eggs with melted cheese, and very mushy/pureed chicken, egg and salmon salad. I also pureed some LF Turkey chili... Have also had 'fun' making 'super puddings'... sugar free pudding with Prot pwdr, milk and and add in if I can think of one. Best one yet-- Jello SF choc fudge pudding, Unjury choc splendor powder ---chocolatey goodness....and then swirl in a Tbsp of Peanut Butter when I eat it for an extra 7-8 g of Protein. I am not hungry, getting in about 60-70g a day... more like watching the clock and eating on cue. I get the mouth hunger though....haven't been tempted - tempted enough to cheat, but this AM I was thinking "I really would love something crunchy...." and "I want bread"... funny, a friend of mine had this 7 yrs ago...told me she had the mouth hunger/craving for crunchy....shoved a whole handful of doritos in her mounth, chewed it up, then spit them out, just to relieve it. LMAO. I am not there....yet. On another note, I found a company that makes comfort food type stuff, lo fat, lo sugar... out of dried ingredients, so when it arrives, it is in powder form. you add hot or cold Water, and they 'say' that it smells and tastes like the 'real food'....even tho it looks like pudding. I ordered a few things, so will let you know.... I ordered the higher protein 'entrees'....like mac& cheese, fiesta tacos, bbq with cornbread. I am both scared and excited to see how these are. LOL. Company is "Pure-a". I have my 2 week check up with surgeon tomorrow .... and 2 more weeks left on pureeds. I think I can make it. :-)

HW (Jan 2013) 231 SW (9/23/2013) 222 CW (10/6) 211 I am 5'1". :-) so far, so good.[/quote']

Some chips would be nice...been thinking of licking one lol. I'm on pureed till the 15th then move to soft foods. I eat a lot of pureed chicken because it is high in protein. I rarely eat stuff without protein.

Some chips would be nice...been thinking of licking one lol. I'm on pureed till the 15th then move to soft foods. I eat a lot of pureed chicken because it is high in Protein. I rarely eat stuff without protein.

Me either... they (the nut and the nurse director of the program) told us to focus on liquids and protein... some fiber/fruit, as the Vitamins I am taking will cover all the RDA needs of the stuff not in those foods. I always have some thing with protein, and will try to add anywhere from 1/3 to a full scoop of PP if I need to boost the grams, as I can tolerate it taste/texture wise. I am finding ways around that though... :-) I thought of pureeing pizza toppings.... watching football, and would be better with pizza and wings. Pureed chix, not the same....BUT wondering if I can at least duplicate the flavors.... within the fat/etc guidelines... lol

Some chips would be nice...been thinking of licking one lol. I'm on pureed till the 15th then move to soft foods. I eat a lot of pureed chicken because it is high in Protein. I rarely eat stuff without protein.

Me either... they (the nut and the nurse director of the program) told us to focus on liquids and protein... some fiber/fruit, as the Vitamins I am taking will cover all the RDA needs of the stuff not in those foods. I always have some thing with protein, and will try to add anywhere from 1/3 to a full scoop of PP if I need to boost the grams, as I can tolerate it taste/texture wise. I am finding ways around that though... :-) I thought of pureeing pizza toppings.... watching football, and would be better with pizza and wings. Pureed chix, not the same....BUT wondering if I can at least duplicate the flavors.... within the fat/etc guidelines... lol

The pizza I had really wasn't high in fat..not anymore than pureed beef or something like that

The pizza I had really wasn't high in fat..not anymore than pureed beef or something like that

Hi. I got lucky and my surgeon/NUT had me on pureed 2 days after surgery. The 1st in the hospital was oatmeal' date=' and then some formed pureed chicken, peas and mashed taters for lunch. taters were good, mixed em in with the chicken, left the peas alone. I have been eating oatmeal for fiber (helps to regulate the output, lol) -- with some Prot Pwdr mixed in, yogurt, pureed Soups (with extra PP mixed in), shakes (but not too many luckily), refried Beans with melted cheese, scrambled eggs with melted cheese, and very mushy/pureed chicken, egg and salmon salad. I also pureed some LF Turkey chili... Have also had 'fun' making 'super puddings'... sugar free pudding with Prot pwdr, milk and and add in if I can think of one. Best one yet-- Jello SF choc fudge pudding, Unjury choc splendor powder ---chocolatey goodness....and then swirl in a Tbsp of Peanut Butter when I eat it for an extra 7-8 g of Protein. I am not hungry, getting in about 60-70g a day... more like watching the clock and eating on cue. I get the mouth hunger though....haven't been tempted - tempted enough to cheat, but this AM I was thinking "I really would love something crunchy...." and "I want bread"... funny, a friend of mine had this 7 yrs ago...told me she had the mouth hunger/craving for crunchy....shoved a whole handful of doritos in her mounth, chewed it up, then spit them out, just to relieve it. LMAO. I am not there....yet. On another note, I found a company that makes comfort food type stuff, lo fat, lo sugar... out of dried ingredients, so when it arrives, it is in powder form. you add hot or cold Water, and they 'say' that it smells and tastes like the 'real food'....even tho it looks like pudding. I ordered a few things, so will let you know.... I ordered the higher protein 'entrees'....like mac& cheese, fiesta tacos, bbq with cornbread. I am both scared and excited to see how these are. LOL. Company is "Pure-a". I have my 2 week check up with surgeon tomorrow .... and 2 more weeks left on pureeds. I think I can make it. :-) HW (Jan 2013) 231 SW (9/23/2013) 222 CW (10/6) 211 I am 5'1". :-) so far, so good.[/quote'] I have also put different things in my mouth and chewed it up and spit it out to take care of a few cravings! Lol. Sounds funny but it seems to satisfy. It seems like I have been trying to purée almost anything that can be high in protein. Some things are flat out nasty and some things aren't bad once you get past the texture! HW 391 Dos 372 9/23/13 Cw 349!!!!

Has anyone had hummus?! I'm buying some tomorrow.