Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For dinner I had 1 cup of Wendy's chili's and about 10 french fries. I chewed really good and now I am feeling guilty. I am supposed to only be on mushies right now and the chili was definitely mushy, but the fries! Then after I was done eating that I had a sugar free, high Fiber ice cream from Harmony health food store. Right after! I can't believe I ate so much much food and didn't even have one problem and that I even risked things eating that food. I feel like a failure right now. :cry I know some have said you can eat whatever until you get your fill. I messed up. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this food hunger and given into it even knowing it can be a risk!

All I can think is...how many calories did I eat.

Aside from that I had 1 campbells tomatoe Soup at hand for Breakfast, 100 calories. Then I Protein (30 gram) pudding for snack, 1 cup of Hot & Sour Soup for lunch (ate around the bulky part and drank the liquid..not sur on calories) Then I had 3 small slices of cheddar cheese and nibbled at them, prolly 100 calories. 1 popsicle (sugar free, 0 calories). Then I had the Wendy's for dinner.

UGH!!!!!!! What am I doing? Why did I eat so much today? I am only 11 days post op. I feel so sad, like I cheated on a diet or something.

:speechles

you know--we all fall down--you just have to pick yourself back up and try to go for the "good things"--some Protein shakes--and creamy Soups and whatever else you're supposed to be on right now. you need to let the band heal really well. i know what you're going thru--went thru it myself--very recently--but just try to keep to the program--it will be worth it!

do you have any sugar free chocolate pops? those are very satisfying when you feel like something "tasty" or "bad"--go ahead=-have 2 of them!

good luck! don't keep kicking yourself--be nice to yourself--you just had surgery!! and you don't want to get into a situation where you PB or feel stuck--it's VERY unpleasant!

girlin

nyc

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing. I guess I wanted to try things out and see if I could tolerate them I was banded on 2/7. I will be 2 weeks out on Wednesday. I actually ate some chocolate. Guess what I kept it down! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Hang in there.

You are in what is commonly referred to as Bandster hell. A band with no fill, and hungry. It is hard! BUT there is a good reason you were given the time line for the diet used to return to "normal" eating.

When they did your surgery they pulled the lower part of your stomach up and over the band, then stitched it in place to hold the band in correct position. They put you on Clear Liquids followed by fuller liquids following surgery so that your stomach does not have to digest. When it digests food it makes a kneading movement, which puts undue stress on the new stitches. If those stitches pop, the band can move, which can lead to slips or erosion down the road. The main reason for the extended time with mushies, is to see how the stomach reacts to digestion again...many people swell, and will need to go back to liquids for a few more days. If you are supposed to be on mushies, and you chewed well, with no ill effects, then you likely did no harm. It would still be wise to try your hardest to follow the diet outlined by your Dr.

It was killer a few times, and I eventually during the mushie stage, got the ok from my Dr. to move ahead---since I was having no adverse reaction to eating.

The vast majority of us on here, who have been banded, had eating issues! Most of us had hell through the time you are in now---but the good news is WE MADE IT!!! And you will too!!!

Stock up on a variety of things you are allowed, and eat them as you need them, doing your very best not to push the limits with your band....if you treat it well----hopefully it will return the favor for years and years to come!!!

Hang in there---I am not intending this to sound like a holier than thou lecture---I was not perfect in my diet by any stretch of the imagination---just meaning to encourage you to follow the band rules at this stage of the game especially---a lot is riding on you healing well!!!

Good Luck---this will pass!!!

Kat

Lapband4 me now:

Maybe this is not "good" advice but it is what I think.

I see skinny people eat 10 french fries and ice cream EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE. I think you made a bad choice eating those risky foods and risking your band and PBing but the situation at hand is that you probably wanted to eat 2 orders of french fries and you contained yourself to only 10.

The chili was not that bad as dinner, french fries ~ well you could have probably gotten away by eating maybe 2 and the ice cream; you could have made a better choice there too and went to the grocery store and bought SF or skinny cow or weight watchers ice cream sandwiches.

The point is that now you "binged" you need to get back to it and try ~ NO I don't want you to try, I want you to not to try, I want you to make healthier choices next time when you are getting out of control.

But the behavior today was probably alot better than how you ate in December. I don't want you to think I am an enabler, but we are not always 100% perfect and either are skinny people. You just need to be as perfect as you want your health.

So the point is, you did it, you are beating yourself up over it and hopefully it won't happen again this bad for avery very long time.

Will you not beat me up for being honest? and if you want to swear at me for being honest will you just email me verses ostracizing me publicly?

Seriously, I always read all your posts and am drawn to you because I like what you write, so I was compelled to try and help you.

Your picture is of you soooooo happy and I know that being healthier would probably make you more able to do the things you wanted to do and was the reason you got the band and eating the way you did today is probably not the best choice you could have made, but tomarrow you will make better choices, seeing that eating those foods was not in your plans for success.

I was going to write to you and tell you to come over to Reno so we could meet, but now maybe you hate my guts.

I am going through the same exact thing (I was banded 1/31). I am a :hungry: hungry :hungry: hungry caterpillar (remember that book??!!).

I just called my doc to see if I can get a fill before my 6 weeks because I feel like I am going to lose my mind. Just 3 weeks post op and I am so dang hungry. I lost 20 pounds right off but it is already creeping back on and I am feeling like there is no band in there (of course my port incision still hurts sometimes so it reminds me that something happened!)

Sorry to sound whiny, it's just so hard when you feel so eager to make progress but you are back to feeling as hungry as before the band. I mean, I can't eat quite as much as back then but am feeling very little restriction. Okay, a little restriction but not enough.

Anyhow, hang in there lapband4menow....I will try as well

and Pam-bander I think your tips are very good :lol:

You didn't do bad at all. Don't be so hard on yourself. French fries if chewed well is definitely a mushy. Just go back on the plan and you will do fine. It sounds like your calorie intake is just about right.

ahhh! I DID THIS TONIGHT TOOOO, I MAD TACO'S FOR MY BOFRIEND AND I ATE THE CHOP meat WITH NO SHELLS - SOURCREAM SHREDDED cheese SALSA, GUACOLOMELE AND ALLL!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD AND NOW IM FULL AND FEE LLIKE A FAT ASS! MY WEIGHT IS CREEPING BACK ON TOO

Reading through everyone's posts makes me feel like maybe I'm not such a failure after all. This diet is really hard and we are all trying our best. Right after my surgery, I was told that I shouldn't get on the scale and I shouldn't try to lose weight before my first fill. That's because my body has gotten really messed up from eating so little and such strange things. I am hoping that I can continue losing but it is definitely a battle. When you eat about 800 calories and you don't work out a ton, your body probably tries to store the food as fat rather than burn it. Anyway, I think that we all need to just let go of the guilt so that it doesn't derail us in the future. Keep fighting the good fight everyone.

Most of us have been there. On liquids or mushies and craving food....banded but not restricted. Here's an idea. Think of feeling guilty for binging as your old way of doing business, pre-band. Now that you're banded, think of it as part of the learning curve. You try things, you discard them and try other things. When you're on solids, you'll have to learn all about that. When you are getting fills, you'll learn about that. the first time you are restricted and try to eat without chewing enough, wow will you learn that lesson! It's a long journey, and a good one. I just read an article about a woman in her 80s who starts each day by looking in the mirror and saying "I forgive you for anything you did yesterday". Every day is a new day with lots to learn. And think of it this way....Before the band, would you have stopped at chili and 10 fries after the amount of calories you didn't have for the rest of the day? It's starting to work, that darned band. Celebrate progress.

Yeah, what he said. Or just take a massive mouthful of forbidden foods, chew it up and spit it out. I promise not to make an analogy to sex.....

Hey everyone.

Sorry I haven't posted back, but I didn't get any email alerts saying I had more posts. Thanks so much to all of your feedback. I really appreciate it! I am doing much better. My doctor has told me I can eat regular foods. Seems soon, but he is confident. I have tried several foods, but even though I am not filled yet, I only eat a fraction of what I used to eat. Funny, I am now a mindful eater...before I was so mindless when eating. Never paid attention to what or how much..just ate whatever and that was that. I have now had a normal day of foods. Yesterday was the first day. I had a omelet for Breakfast, very small. Bowl of onion Soup for lunch with a baked potatoe (ate only half the bowl and half the potatoe and was stuffed), and for dinner had lasagna and a piece of bread. I probably had about a 1/2 cup of lasagna and a small soft roll of bread. I felt really good. I am scared to try salads. I hear some people have trouble and it makes me nervous. I love salads, so I would love to know if any of you have any problems eating them.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!!!! Oh, and Pam...I am happy you were honest. Thanks a bunch!

:)

It is not salads that I heard cause people the trouble; because Itoo love salad and I too was very concerned.

It was the bread! Thank god you did not get stuck! Because the bread in our pouch turns Gummy and then it "supposedly" gets stuck. But I was thinking about this last night and if you saturate that bread with some (example gravy or sauce from spaghetti; it would have a lesser of chance to get stuck)

Sounds like you are back on track. You keep me accountable and I will try and keep you accountable.

My surgery did not go as planned, they ended up aborting the lapband; they accidently poked a hole in my colon and it has to repair itself prior to banding, and said they would do it in another 4 weeks, so I am scared 1/2 to death that the weight I have lost will be regained and the vicious cycle starts again. My goal is to drink all the bariatrix shakes for meals and Snacks and eat a salad with protien for dinner (I told you I love salads).

Ya, the bread was really soft. It was a sweet roll and I ate small pieces at a time with some lasagna sauce. Didn't have a problem.

I am eager to have a salad though.

Good luck with everything with your surgery!