Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 surgeries

Everyone talks about what to bring to the hospital .... How to prepare before and after surgery but I would like to know from those who have already have had surgery.. What were the steps you went through once you arrived at the hospital ? My wife and I have surgery next week and we are prepared for it but are wondering what happens at that point when we get there ?

Like.. Did anyone have anymore test done? Bloodwork? EKG ? How long was the wait before you actually went into surgery? Any help would help our nerves.. lol

I had to report to the hospital at 12pm and I was headed to surgery by 2....I went to admission got checked in and went straight to the surgery area, where an IV was started and then i meet with the surgeon and anesthesiologist and they let my family come in for prayer, they gave me that feel good medicine and then i was headed to the OR. My surgery lasted about 2hours, I had to hernias to be repaired. It will go pretty fast and you will be fine!!

Exactly what they said. Except I only had one hernia. Don't stress is fast and really painless or. Very little. Good luck

HW 375 SW 337 CW 322 SURGERY DATE 7/31/13

I'm checking on all the August bypassers! How are you doing, pre-op, post-op and otherwise ? Today is my first day of my pre-op. I chose to eat my meat and veggies at lunch today and will have my shake for dinner. So far so good.

I am 11 days post op and have lost 10 lbs,,ate my first egg salad today and that made me very happy!

Doin ok...surgery was last Tuesday...starting to feel human....it's odd tho because nothing tastes the same and I have no desire to eat...

I'm 4 days post op & can't wait to eat egg salad too! Lol! Even though I don't have much of an appetite, I feel hungry and just want something other than the clear liquid foods and diet drinks...

I am 6 days post op. on all clear liquid diet. No pain. I haven't had any pain at all. I was very uncomfortable the first day post op. my pouch was swollen and I could not take any thing by mouth. Everything that went in. Came out plus more. Dr said that sometimes happens because your body is extra sensitive to all the cutting and stapling. So for the rest of that day everything was through the I.V. By Thursday I was better but scared to take too much by mouth because I didn't want to throw up. By Friday I was taking in what I should and Dr released me that night. I have been doing great. I have no drain. One of my incisions is leaking but the others are almost all healed already. Tomorrow is my post op 1week surgeon visit. So hopefully I move to blended foods. Hope everyone is doing great.

Renee

Hi guys can someone tell me How make this egg salad vicky help

I boiled 5 eggs and peeled them then added 5 tablespoons of light mayo...i made it plain because it is still early, so thats it...if you have a magic bullet you can blend it, or just mash it real good with a fork!

Cynthia chopped up eggs n mayo or Salad Dressing ur choice. And the rest is optional like pickles, onions. That's it.

Ok my surgery was Las tued s. ,6 days out n I've lost 7lb. I still feel bloated.n cant move by myself yet w/o help that is.

As some of u no, but for you that don't, I had all the bysss laprascopic holses then he tried to look in anf couldn't see my stomach, so he had to cut me from my breast bone all the way down to the bottom. so it's going to take a lot longer for me to recover.

all I know is pain pain pain pain!!. lov u guys. for all the support.

Hi everyone! I'm a week post op now and I cannot wait for egg salad!!!!! Omggggg lol full liquids suck lol I just got back from dr appt and am down 15lbs and everything is going great! Start puréed food on Wednesday! Yay!

feel better Kinsee!!...Klove, congratulations, had egg salad today for the first time~