Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In the Philadelphia area a Christmas tradition for all of us history geeks is to go to the annual Christmas day reenactment of Washingtons crossing the Delaware River. Since it was 20 balmy degrees here. By the end of the day i was freezing my Hessians off ( Revolutionary war humor :-p )

But since im able to do so much more this year and for the rest of my hopefully very long life, im trying new things even if freezing is part of the deal. So i hope you also had / having a great Christmas.

RJ

Family lore is that one of my husband's ancestors was said to have been in that boat. Maybe we will join you one year!

Dress warm! :-)

Dress warm! :-)

I have no intentions of leaving my house today. :) one of the perks of teaching!

Just sitting here recovering from yesterday - luckily I get to work from home today. This past week has been a crazy rush of wrapping, working and prepping. I had been so busy I hadn't weighed myself but I did this morning and I'm down to 170 from 259. What a difference! I took on the role of the head tamale maker this year as I didn't want to lose that tradition as my mom has not done it for the past few years. I don't think I'd have been able to do that at 259. I didn't sit down for hours yesterday & that never would have happened before. My hubby got me a full length mirror for Christams--I would have killed him for that present in years past but not now :) I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and I can't wait until New Year's Eve!

Just sitting here recovering from yesterday - luckily I get to work from home today. This past week has been a crazy rush of wrapping, working and prepping. I had been so busy I hadn't weighed myself but I did this morning and I'm down to 170 from 259. What a difference! I took on the role of the head tamale maker this year as I didn't want to lose that tradition as my mom has not done it for the past few years. I don't think I'd have been able to do that at 259. I didn't sit down for hours yesterday & that never would have happened before. My hubby got me a full length mirror for Christams--I would have killed him for that present in years past but not now :) I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and I can't wait until New Year's Eve!

I miss tamales! Moving to NY from South Texas that is a tradition I miss and other than ordering them on line I rarely get them now.

Is it bad that I am so glad Christmas is over? I am ready to get back to a normal schedule. I am off work next week and plan to get back into the gym and focus on me. Not because it is a New Years resolution but because I want to and it makes me feel good. I really have come to the conclusion that I don't like the bad food anymore that I used to love. It doesn't make me feel good. It is kind of a good thing if you ask me. :)

Is it bad that I am so glad Christmas is over? I am ready to get back to a normal schedule. I am off work next week and plan to get back into the gym and focus on me. Not because it is a New Years resolution but because I want to and it makes me feel good. I really have come to the conclusion that I don't like the bad food anymore that I used to love. It doesn't make me feel good. It is kind of a good thing if you ask me. :)

Im in total agreement with you. Holidays (for now) mess with my schedule. I know it will get sorted out in the future but for now i need dicipline and a schedule to help me focus on everything but food.

Bad food is an intresting subject,since the RNY i can spot "Bad" food like a man wearing a bad toopee. I have people constantly asking dont you miss this or that kind of food? NO!.....its like asking me " do you miss having a broken leg?" NO! while its something i had to go throught, its not something i miss.....

Cheers to all of us, 2014 the year we ALL reach our goal weight!!!!!

RJ

I couldn't agree with you more! RJ has it right too. I worked yesterday and today. In a way it was good because it forces me to get back on my schedule. The scale rewarded me this morning. I was down over a pound!

I'm glad I'm not alone in how I was feeling. I felt like such a a Scrooge. I just get off track too easily when I don't have my routine these days. I have a very rough time getting myself back together. I'm very happy all of the craziness is done and life can be normal again...

Right there with you. All the food starts to gross me out after a while. Also dealing with a dying MIL or at least they think she's dying. Had to canx a trip to a spa which I was really looking forward to, very selfishly-- gym on site, swimming, hot tub etc-- but you do what you have to do. So, back to routine would be a blessing right now.

Love you Junies!

Ok Junies, riddle me this. So I haven't really had any trouble with amount of food. 1/2-1c depending on the type of food since about 3-4 months out. All of a sudden it feels like someone tightened my tummy. I seem to be getting sick constantly because I overeat (or at least get the feeling of overeating). It feels just awful! I closely monitor the amount I put in and it feels like if it's any more than 1/4-1/2 c of anything, I'm in the bathroom tossing my cookies!!! I'm worried about maybe a late forming stricture?? I'm still getting in enough Protein and fluids, so I'm not terribly concerned. Just so weird!!!

Ok Junies, riddle me this. So I haven't really had any trouble with amount of food. 1/2-1c depending on the type of food since about 3-4 months out. All of a sudden it feels like someone tightened my tummy. I seem to be getting sick constantly because I overeat (or at least get the feeling of overeating). It feels just awful! I closely monitor the amount I put in and it feels like if it's any more than 1/4-1/2 c of anything, I'm in the bathroom tossing my cookies!!! I'm worried about maybe a late forming stricture?? I'm still getting in enough Protein and fluids, so I'm not terribly concerned. Just so weird!!!

I may have some insight to that issue. I find between monday through friday i have Breakfast a small midday snack and then dinner. Dinner during the week is when i run into the issue you are describing. Weekends im on a less hectic schedule and can have 5 meals as recommended and i very rarely have the tightness followed by calling for ralph in the toilet.

the longer i go between meals and sometimes properly hydraing the tighter le pouch becomes. Prior to the creation of le pouch my stomach would talk to me and mys tomach would shrink i think the same can be said for le pouch except since it is so small its objects in a more serious fashion.

I did have an eposide today! was out most of the morning and afternoon. Came home to a low carb whole wheat tortilla with peach mango salsa as a snack and must have not chewed or has one bite to many because i got the sweats and the watery mouth etc.etc. .... total suckage!!!! Hope the info helps

RJ

Edited by Weight Warrior

Well, yesterday was my 6 month mark since surgery, so I figured I should post some new pictures. I hope everyone is as happy with their new bodies as I am (even though certainly not perfect)!

post-190438-0-99679300-1388207813_thumb.jpg

post-190438-0-55891400-1388207819_thumb.jpg

post-190438-0-75096900-1388207825_thumb.jpg

post-190438-0-50606400-1388207831_thumb.jpg

Well, yesterday was my 6 month mark since surgery, so I figured I should post some new pictures. I hope everyone is as happy with their new bodies as I am (even though certainly not perfect)!

Please dont take this the wrong way but you look like a totally diffrent person.....you look amazing, congratulations!

Well, my goal for this first holiday season has been to maintain my weight. as of this morning I am down 1 lb :) I'm pretty happy with that. I have eaten anything and everything I've wanted, learned that a few things no longer taste good and I don't feel deprived. I'm almost 90lbs down from last January and that makes me feel fantastic.

I will be going to the doctor next week to see if i can get a referral to physical therapy though. I don't know if it's the weight loss or residual effects from back surgery 10 years ago. My back has been bothering me again (change in center of gravity?) and since I've become more active I've noticed that my left side (especially my leg) is noticeably weaker than my right. (this is the side that was most affected by my back before surgery)

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?