Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, had gastric bypass on 05-10-2013. Was not fun the first 2 wks. Had trouble getting in Protein Shakes and water.. Water is still an issue. Little tedious always sipping. Have had no major problems advancing with foods, Never dumped, and I eat fruit. Like 3 or 4 strawberries or half a banana, I have had pineapple and pieces of apples. Mostly when I am not trying to get Protein in like yogurt or cottage cheese, I eat little bowls of steamed spinach, almost every day with spinach or kale and even broccoli. Everything feels fine inside. I have been having an issue with my shoulder blade, but that is years old. Been sitting with ice pack back there. Think it is a little bursitis. When I say everything is fine inside, I have been lifting weights and doing cardio for 3 wks. My doc said I could do anything after 4 wks. I had been just walking til then. When he said that I took off like a shot. My stomach is good, no issues there, other than I can't guzzle water like I used to. So I hope everything stays good and I can continue to do what I do. So I can lose what I need to. I am also 49, so I know I have to work harder to get what I want. Thanks for reading.

Great! Welcome! Glad everythings going so well for you!

This is reassuring! From other posts I'm expecting a life of nausea, vomiting, misery, complications, and overall torment. My surgery is June 3rd.

Aside from two days Ive had no nausea or vominting...was sick a couple days ago...now I'm fine. Don't be scared.

I hope that when i have my surgery i do as well as you!!!! I hate throwing up, that's my biggest fear :-(

I hope so too. It seems to totally be an individual thing.I'm almost four weeks out and a lot of people seem to hit a wall at4-6 weeks...probably transitioning to soft food.I just backed down to liquids and I feelnmuch better.

I see that. Everyone is so different in the way they can drink at first. I just want to be able to get my shakes down and then go from there. I am a espresso drinker and found this Protein espresso powder. Its called CLICK. The vanilla is so good!!! I have been trying protein powders to see if i like them now. I ordered Unjury vanilla, unflavored and the chicken broth one. I hope i like them. They come on the 29th.

Protein States are individual too. I do unflavored Unjury in Vitamin water...it's better than the flavored kind in my estimation.

I have heard good things about Unjury so i will post up and say what my thoughts are. Have you tried their chicken broth?

I havent.

I tried the Unjury chicken Soup today. It tasted very good. Watch the temperature of the liquid that you mix with it because if the liquid is too hot you'll get lumps.

Its good to know you liked the chicken broth lirri, Starlight if you go on line to Unjury.com you will see all of their products. I can't wait to try there stuff. I will post what i think when i get it.

My nutritionist had a number of samples that I could try out before my surgery. Unjury was one of them. like wannabeskinnyme said, check out Unjury's website to get more information. They also have a starter kit that comes with twp packets each of their chocolate splendor, vanilla, strawberry sorbet, chicken Soup and unflavored. The kit also comes with a shaker and food thermometer.

Everyone is so different. A lot of people throw up because they eat to fast or to big of a bite. Or didnt chew good enough. I am almost 6 months out from gastric bypass and have done real well. You will be able to drink more eventually. Good luck to you all!!