Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone ,well today is the last day of pre op diet only a week, not bad at all . Tomorrow at 5:30 am I start the process of GBP . I'm ready to reinvent myself and there's no doubt in my mind I WILL be a success!!!! I'll post some before pics of myself with my face covered....there are only a select few who knows I'm having the GBP.Why? Because its none of their damn business, point blank period. Friday May 24th is my rebirth......hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend/ Memorial Day !!

Well I wish you well with surgery.....be sure to come back and tell us how everything turned out. :-)

Good luck !!!

Hi all packing my bag,I think I'll only be in the hospital for one day ,checkout on Saturday @ 11:00am . I have a question ,I've been reading about a drain? My Dr. Hasn't said anything about a drain, but he did prescribe a blood thinner shot to be given by me for 14 days..... Does anyone have any idea and or have your Dr. Prescribe the shot for you. I'll ask him in the morning before my surgery but I wanted to get a little infor beforehand. Does it hurt, did you have any problems shooting yourself? Thank you so much.

Hi all packing my bag' date='I think I'll only be in the hospital for one day ,checkout on Saturday @ 11:00am . I have a question ,I've been reading about a drain? My Dr. Hasn't said anything about a drain, but he did prescribe a blood thinner shot to be given by me for 14 days..... Does anyone have any idea and or have your Dr. Prescribe the shot for you. I'll ask him in the morning before my surgery but I wanted to get a little infor beforehand. Does it hurt, did you have any problems shooting yourself? Thank you so much.[/quote']

Hello. I've been told that I will need a blood thinner following surgery, apparently they come all loaded up and you inject it into your leg once a day for two weeks following surgery, to prevent clots forming. However I do live in England and I know we do things differently over here.

Only four more days on the milk diet for me, then it's operation day!

Milk diet is getting easier. I'm not allowed food of any sort. Need to have four pints of semi skimmed milk a day, two pints of low calorie squash, one salty drink like bovril, oxo or marmite and one sachet of sugar free jelly a day. An extra is three stick of sugar free chewing gum, but that makes me hungry so I don't bother with that. First few days were the hardest, headaches, nausea, tiredness bit it is getting better each day. Don't feel hungry anymore which is weird!

Bx

Well surgery is over not feeling bad at all slept some walked three laps around nurses station the first time slept some more walked six laps the second time .Dr. Told meto slow down had a little vegetable broth ice chips and cherry Popsicle . Oh yeah I did get a drain because of having to remove some scare tissues and Fluid, doesn't hurt . Going home tomorrow after. 12:00 .now for the rest of my life !

Today is May 25th and I feel great!! Only one little complain ,I itch I think it's from the pain meds or the ain't nausea pills gotta find out before checking it out its 15 mins to seven. I only dozed last night . I'm ready to go home and take a long hot shower and sleek in my bed. Have a great day.

Ouch well now I'm home and the wonderful feeling I had... It's gone, that magically pain free state I was in vanished !! I'm back to reality and here we have PAIN oh yeah PAIN like I never knew existed!! GAS perhaps , INCISION maybe or a combination of both most likely, whatever IT was It was unbearable .... Thank the heavens for liquid LORTAB ELIXIR ,knock the pain and me out!! Woke up and felt soooo much better walk upstairs to the media room and slept in my recliner until this morning,Today is gonna be a good day !! Happy Sunday everyone ;)

Hello. I've been told that I will need a blood thinner following surgery' date=' apparently they come all loaded up and you inject it into your leg once a day for two weeks following surgery, to prevent clots forming. However I do live in England and I know we do things differently over here.

Only four more days on the milk diet for me, then it's operation day![/quote']

I have to take the shots in my stomached doesn't hurt ,but totally freaked me out, so husband to the rescue .

Thank you sooooooo much for posting! I am facing this next week. And I have to admit I am scared of the pain...the not knowing. I know we are all different but I appreciate your posts..they make me feel better! Good luck to you and a quickie recovery!

Ok here's an update the pain is almost gone!! It was GAS yes yes yes the dreaded GAS ,well I should say Air because there wasn't a funky smell ,just loud and lonnnnnnnng wind!! Sounded like a trumpet blowing ,Want to know how I expelled that dreaded gas ? ( sure you do ) I laid on my left side (yeah is hurt but not as Good as the wind flying out!!) I raised my left leg as far to my chest as I could and my right leg straight as a broad and WALA about a minute all hell broke loose !!! It was like "RELEASE THE CRACKENS" !!! The hubby and dogs ran into the bedroom scared and wanting to know WTH was that noise lol ( no not really) but it really was long and loud!! I took and nice very warm shower ,put on a new fresh granny gown ,you know the one with no shape just big ,armless and come down to your knees,I bought seven of those things ,I figured I would use them about three times each and donate them ,but they are really to slip on and off right now ,and it's all about the ease and comfort during this stage of WL .back in my recliner again tonight's and probably for the rest of the week just to be on the safe side well check in tomorrow Happy Memorials Day !